Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,897,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
As I said above the Feds granted permission after losing a Voter Rights case to Florida...
And? The lawsuit had nothing to do with their change of mind? They should never had to sue to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Every state cleans up their voter roles to keep accurate legal voters. I am sure they purge just as many Dems as they do Repub.

Its called continually up dating the roles. Purging those who dead, moved away and or convicted Felons who may have been over looked.

[LEFT]Broward purges 5,000 dead people from voter rolls

Access to new database reveals thousands deceased

May 21, 2012|By Brittany Wallman, Sun Sentinel
About 5,000 dead people have been purged from the voter rolls in Broward County, and Broward Republicans are pointing to hundreds more dead people still listed as active voters.
The spotlight's been on dead voters since the Florida Department of State used a new state law to get access to 90 million files about people who've died across America. The results, issued in recent weeks to Florida's 67 counties: 51,966 dead people still listed as active voters.

[/LEFT]
Actually I would certainly agree that the states should methodically purge the voter rolls. But they don't and never have. If they did a reasonable job most of the purported fraudulent voting would go away.

There is however no lobbying group for good voter rolls. So they get short changed anytime the legislature needs money. And that screws it all up.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And? The lawsuit had nothing to do with their change of mind? They should never had to sue to begin with.
Merely pointing out the Feds opposed the purge and lost. The SAVE access was a side issue. The Florida suit had nothing to do with the outcome. It was the Federal suit that was lost. And once that happened to Feds open save to all the states.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Merely pointing out the Feds opposed the purge and lost. The SAVE access was a side issue.
Claiming the purge was illegal because of false positives and simultaneously denying them the tools to prevent false positives is a side issue? It's the very issue, its the same thing with voter ID. You demand proof but wish to deny the tools to obtain proof.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Claiming the purge was illegal because of false positives and simultaneously denying them the tools to prevent false positives is a side issue? It's the very issue, its the same thing with voter ID. You demand proof but wish to deny the tools to obtain proof.
Of course the Feds deny the database to an illegal operation. Has nothing to do with its use.

No there is no move to deny tools to gain truth on the Photo ID issue. The truth is there is no intent to gain truth. What is desired is simply to use the process to shut down Democratic votes. And there is going to be no studies or data about whether it was needed or not. Again you are being misleading. Find me any mention anywhere of assessing the impact of Photo ID in a realistic way...Any...Anywhere....

Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Of course the Feds deny the database to an illegal operation.
First you suggest states need to clean up the rolls and now you are saying verifying those voters is an illegal act. Make up your mind.

They requested access to the database sometime in 2011 which was a long time before any purge lists were compiled. Matter of fact it was the fight over access to this database that slowed the process. If anyone violated anyone's rights it was the reckless political actions of the DOJ which prevented Florida from getting accurate information.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
First you suggest states need to clean up the rolls and now you are saying verifying those voters is an illegal act. Make up your mind.

They requested access to the database sometime in 2011 which was a long time before any purge lists were compiled. Matter of fact it was the fight over access to this database that slowed the process. If anyone violated anyone's rights it was the reckless political actions of the DOJ which prevented Florida from getting accurate information.
Ah Comeon. Show me where I said verifying those voters was an illegal act. In fact show me where the Feds did. What they proposed was the Florida process was illegal. And they lost. Then they agreed to database access. And DofJ has no real choice. If they allowed Florida access Florida would immmediately cite it in court to demonstrate DofJ was talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Actually this raises an interesting question. What has happened since? I would think Florida has removed some thousands of illegal voters...but I can't seem to find any report of it. You think they won the war and then quit the battle field?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM

26,943 posts, read 15,160,014 times
Quote:
Ah more Right Wing BS. I said both parties were against the Photo ID plan.

Here is the Republican Candidate for Secretary of State turning down the Democrat Millers plan because it costs too much. She wants DLs only so she can block the old black ladies while not interfering with the felon Republicans....

Cegavske backs voter ID law for Nevada | Las Vegas Review-Journal

And I will give you right wing nuts anouther clue. Don't mess with me on Nevada politics...I do follow them pretty close. I even know a number of the players.

You might also note that the Dems won't spend 10 or 20 million to fix a non=existent problem. And the Repub candidate agrees!

Wow, your credibility blown right out of the water.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Wow, your credibility blown right out of the water.
Well that is good. It is nice to be above water as all you RWNs slide into the slime on the bottom...

Old 10-09-2014, 11:01 PM

Washington Post just published on a GAO study on the impact of the new voting rules.

Estimates a drop of about 100,000 votes in Tennessee and Kansas alone. And guess what?

Blacks and young people are the groups hit hardest..

Who would have thought it...

Voter ID laws in Kansas and Tennessee dropped 2012 turnout by over 100,000 votes - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies