Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 09:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I don't smoke anything, let alone weed, and even I think this is a stupid "point" to make.

For one, you're not going to stop people from taking part in these activities regardless. It's a pointless "fight".

2nd, I really don't get some of you people. You want the gov't to stay out of your lives but don't mind trying to force others to think like you do.

Makes no sense to me.

Those would be republicans that do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
This message was brought to you by Big Pharma, the makers of highly toxic, and addictive substances, keeping Americans hooked for life!

Oh... and Recently Moved most self-proclaimed "conservatives" that continue to support prohibition really aren't conservative, because prohibition and telling Americans what they can and cannot consume is about as big of government intrusion into our lives as it gets.

Lisa Ling: Inside Utah's struggle with drug abuse - CNN.com

the real killers^^^^^

not to mention Monsanto funding their own studies on how safe GMO's are..

Old 10-07-2014, 09:42 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
A lot of things can be bad for you if you overuse them. Not every pot smoker is unable to moderate their usage, just like not every drinker is an alcoholic lush. Eating too much red meat can be very bad for your health as well, though the occasional steak isn't going to kill you. It's all about moderation though--and there's no way to really regulate moderation. Adults with a working brain can make the choices they want though.

As far as what's worse for you--I've seen the impact of heavy alcohol usage and heavy marijuana usage--and I'll take a pothead 99 times out of 100 over a hardcore alcoholic(or user of hard drugs). And I'm drinker myself, but I've learned to be more conservative in my imbibing habits.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The terrible truth about cannabis: Expert's devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless

The terrible truth about cannabis | Daily Mail Online
Driving after smoking cannabis doubles the risk of a car crash, a risk which increases substantially if the driver has also had a drink.
Smoking it while pregnant reduces the baby's birth weight.

Great. Now we have something else besides alcohol to impact others in a dangerous way, and as it becomes more available, there's no telling.

Having said that, I do think that pot probably has genuine medical uses for some patients, such as pain relief for terminal cancer/other patients.
But most of it will be for recreational use.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:44 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Notice the incoherent posts from the obvious dopers in this thread?

I'm all for legalizing dope and letting people grow their own but let's not kid ourselves either about the benign nature of marijuana. Black mambas are found in nature too. Want one for a cuddly house pet?
When do you think we should launch the global war on black mambas?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Driving after smoking cannabis doubles the risk of a car crash, a risk which increases substantially if the driver has also had a drink
Smoking it while pregnant reduces the baby's birth weight
Great. Now we have something else besides alcohol to impact others in a dangerous way.

Having said that, I do think that pot probably has genuine medical uses for some patients, such as pain relief for terminal cancer/other patients.

But most of it will be for recreational use.
Correct.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I don't smoke anything, let alone weed, and even I think this is a stupid "point" to make.

For one, you're not going to stop people from taking part in these activities regardless. It's a pointless "fight".

2nd, I really don't get some of you people. You want the gov't to stay out of your lives but don't mind trying to force others to think like you do.

Makes no sense to me.
These are the same people (conservatives) who whine about smoking bans claiming it should be up to the restaurant/bar owners & they also claim that smoking is not bad for you. As in, they don't believe the research that shows smoking is indeed harmful to you & others. I smoke, stupid I realize & even I can feel the effects. It's completely retarded to insist that cigarette smoking is not harmful.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
These are the same people (conservatives) who whine about smoking bans claiming it should be up to the restaurant/bar owners & they also claim that smoking is not bad for you. As in, they don't believe the research that shows smoking is indeed harmful to you & others. I smoke, stupid I realize & even I can feel the effects. It's completely retarded to insist that cigarette smoking is not harmful.
Please show me, a conservative, where I ever said that?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:49 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Please show me, a conservative, where I ever said that?
I don't think the poster is talking about you, specifically. Just speaking in general.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:49 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
I did. The claim no one died from dope is a lie.

no one has died from an overdose some morons should not breed,, that guy was one of them!!! not to mention the one that gave a 9 year old an uzi..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies