Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 05:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
OP, who didnt see this coming? i called it years ago and lefties told me I was crazy because no company would rather pay fines.

They are ALWAYS wrong..
And the OP agrees with you. I recall the debates here on this forum.
But we were shoo'd away.

Premiums were going down.
Employers were going to embrace having to insure everyone.
Those greedy CEO's and doctors and hospitals were going to get theirs because Uncle Sam was going to save the people from them.
Unicorns and lollipops is all we heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 05:34 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Re-read what I said. I would rather pay taxes to pay for VA benefits that people EARNED then pay for breeders who don't know how to say no or know what birth control is. Do these woman actually think if baby daddy has 4 kids to 4 other woman he's going to commit to her? Really?

Now only if baby breeder would only care that she is getting money that someone else worked hard to earn.
Don't care because Uncle Sam will provide.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
As a Tea Partier you should be aware that gubbermint spending for Medicare is $470 billion, VA $50 billion, and Obummercare subsidies are $16 Billion. Have you even looked at Medicare or VA spending or is that good gubbermint spending and ACA bad gubbermint spending?
Oh just stop making things up
Cost of ObamaCare: Obama Care Cost

The new health careClick Here To Enroll law, has a massive impact on health care costs. ObamaCare's cost is estimated at up to net cost of $1.36 trillion dollars by 2023.

Why are liberals ALWAYS WRONG about their "facts"

Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
agreed

but speaking of embarrassments, lets not forget all the Bushisms - nucular and mission accomplished
I was one of those low information people during the Bush years.... too busy "building that" with no government help. It's not that I believed in Bush since I don't believe in big government so I don't trust anyone who has the title "politician". Anyone who thinks any "politician" has their back is naive at best.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Obamcare is one step closer to Utopia.
Those workers won't be without insurance.
They have Obamacare now and don't have to worry about Walmart raising their premiums or cutting their subsidies. Uncle Sam will take care of them.
It's a win- win for Walmart, their shareholders and probably employees, too.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And the OP agrees with you. I recall the debates here on this forum.
But we were shoo'd away.

Premiums were going down.
Employers were going to embrace having to insure everyone.
Those greedy CEO's and doctors and hospitals were going to get theirs because Uncle Sam was going to save the people from them.
Unicorns and lollipops is all we heard.
And the oddest thing is that these fines to be paid by Wal Mart, will result in price increases which will hurt the poor the most..

Left wingers celebrate.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's a win- win for Walmart, their shareholders and probably employees, too.
Nice to see Democrats so supportive of big corporations and rich investors while they stomp on the heads of the poor..

Old 10-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Re-read what I said. I would rather pay taxes to pay for VA benefits that people EARNED then pay for breeders who don't know how to say no or know what birth control is. Do these woman actually think if baby daddy has 4 kids to 4 other woman he's going to commit to her? Really?

Now only if baby breeder would only care that she is getting money that someone else worked hard to earn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Don't care because Uncle Sam will provide.
Not uncle sam, you and I are working, away from our family so we can make money so government can confiscate it and pay for their play time.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Nice to see Democrats so supportive of big corporations and rich investors while they stomp on the heads of the poor..
LOL, they've been warned and now they're upset that it came to pass.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Most people have retirement money in wall street companies.

No one is stomping on anyone's head.
Obamacare is subsidized so these folks are not losing out.
Walmart only covered 75% of premiums and at their low wage they will probably get 90% subsidized when they move over to Obamacare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies