Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 03:32 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Now, see, that's what always happens on these threads.
Yeah they always go to s***.

Couldnt resist.

Now on topics...the question is, what will be done to make police learn that infringing on others rights is so painful that they should not do it?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Now on topics...the question is, what will be done to make police learn that infringing on others rights is so painful that they should not do it?
That's why the rulings always fall short. LE makes up and enforces it's own made up laws without sanction. They do it over and over without penalty to individuals who would have to defend their rights at great expense. In this case it's the attitude that the people they wish to control are treated like cattle to be herded along. A beast of burden has no constitutional rights and the trail boss will decide how they are handled. They feel like they can make up the law as they go along. So no need to understand or enforce written laws or be informed about them. There is no penalty for a clear abuse of authority. The supervisor who issued the order should be fired. The oath they take means nothing because the officers carried out the unlawful order. Not likely that they even questioned it.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:06 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:

Couldnt resist.

Whoever made the call should be at the very least demoted but it's unlikely.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:31 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Until we enforce penalties that cause people to act differently, we are not enforcing the law.

Its why I also love speeding tickets that are a % of someones income, or a minimum amount-whichever is greater.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:

Couldnt resist.

There is a guy running through the woods of Pennsylvania, as we speak.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really dos not mean much when it comes down to it, I think the Feds are just placating the people of Ferguson, especially if that is all they really come to a conclusion on.

The Grand Jury will be the interesting ruling, if they decide no charges are warranted will the state or Feds continue to retry again and again until they can find a grand jury that will recommend it go to trial? I feel for the officer, if they go after him even though a grand jury does not recommend it I would suggest he leave the country, at that point he can be assured that he will not get a fair trial anywhere on US soil.
The headline is not really correct - Ferguson Police basically turned over the Ferguson 'problem' to St Louis County from the beginning, and then State Police took over for a bit. It was announced this week that the Ferguson PD will no longer have ANYTHING to do with the "peaceful protestors" - St Louis County Police are totally in charge. Ferguson PD will handle other things within the jurisdiction, but nothing to do with protestors. All people arrested/detained by the Police (City/County/State) were let go with no charges at all ..... even the looters.

The business at the St Louis Symphony and last night at the Cardinals play-off game is just the beginning ..... they are moving their "peaceful protest" into other areas of St Louis. I think once the Grand Jury delivers it's verdict - it's done. I don't think they can call another Grand Jury, but I'm not sure about that. I know they are still trying to get a "Special Procecutor" and have the case removed from the Grand Jury - pretty sure everyone is sure there won't be charges against Wilson.

There is a BIG meeting this weekend in Ferguson - more trouble is almost inevitable.
Weekend's Ferguson October events to focus on police violence |St Louis Today 10/7/14

I'm pretty familiar with St Louis and know quite a few people there (both online and personally). Somehow the word "evacuation" got into a radio news interview last week - the announcement about St Louis County taking over the Protest details came on the same day. I'm getting the idea from some Cops posting that when the poop goes through the fan .... they may just let it fly.

They expect Ground Zero to be in 2 areas - The Ferguson Police Building and the County Justice Center in Clayton, but they also expect riots all over the County and St Louis City. Sounds like the Police (and Fire) will concentrate on small Flash Mobs and let the rest go. There have already been at least 4 incidents of shootings against Police officers just on Patrol - it's a sure bet that in this environment, the Police are in a Lose/Lose position - no matter what they do. I'm hearing a lot of stores (both in and out of Ferguson) are removing their stock and preparing to board up - I expect the Galleria will lock down.
I hope the State is preparing the National Guard, because they will need them.

It's going to be a war zone if the Grand Jury does not indict Wilson, and all of St Louis is aware of that.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The headline is not really correct - Ferguson Police basically turned over the Ferguson 'problem' to St Louis County from the beginning, and then State Police took over for a bit. It was announced this week that the Ferguson PD will no longer have ANYTHING to do with the "peaceful protestors" - St Louis County Police are totally in charge. Ferguson PD will handle other things within the jurisdiction, but nothing to do with protestors. All people arrested/detained by the Police (City/County/State) were let go with no charges at all ..... even the looters.

The business at the St Louis Symphony and last night at the Cardinals play-off game is just the beginning ..... they are moving their "peaceful protest" into other areas of St Louis. I think once the Grand Jury delivers it's verdict - it's done. I don't think they can call another Grand Jury, but I'm not sure about that. I know they are still trying to get a "Special Procecutor" and have the case removed from the Grand Jury - pretty sure everyone is sure there won't be charges against Wilson.

There is a BIG meeting this weekend in Ferguson - more trouble is almost inevitable.
Weekend's Ferguson October events to focus on police violence |St Louis Today 10/7/14

I'm pretty familiar with St Louis and know quite a few people there (both online and personally). Somehow the word "evacuation" got into a radio news interview last week - the announcement about St Louis County taking over the Protest details came on the same day. I'm getting the idea from some Cops posting that when the poop goes through the fan .... they may just let it fly.

They expect Ground Zero to be in 2 areas - The Ferguson Police Building and the County Justice Center in Clayton, but they also expect riots all over the County and St Louis City. Sounds like the Police (and Fire) will concentrate on small Flash Mobs and let the rest go. There have already been at least 4 incidents of shootings against Police officers just on Patrol - it's a sure bet that in this environment, the Police are in a Lose/Lose position - no matter what they do. I'm hearing a lot of stores (both in and out of Ferguson) are removing their stock and preparing to board up - I expect the Galleria will lock down.
I hope the State is preparing the National Guard, because they will need them.

It's going to be a war zone if the Grand Jury does not indict Wilson, and all of St Louis is aware of that.
Buy food, water and ammunition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies