Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
It's a chance I'm willing to take. Thought being, at least I have a chance instead of......."okay Mr. Cow....you will feel a slight pressure in the middle of your head".....
Yeah, and you've just increased the chances of that happening by publishing the fact you're armed with something somebody else will pay to get.

Someone really needs to publish an easily understood dissertation, perhaps with pictures, on the nature of "cause and effect".

You assume a felon desiring to gun-jack your obviously displayed weapon is going to walk up to you and declare his intent? Seriously? A two by four over the back of your skull will suffice nicely to relieve you of your so-called "threat mitigation method". This ain't rocket science here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeah, and you've just increased the chances of that happening by publishing the fact you're armed with something somebody else will pay to get.

Someone really needs to publish an easily understood dissertation, perhaps with pictures, on the nature of "cause and effect".

You assume a felon desiring to gun-jack your obviously displayed weapon is going to walk up to you and declare his intent? Seriously? A two by four over the back of your skull will suffice nicely to relieve you of your so-called "threat mitigation method". This ain't rocket science here!
Yet, in the case of the OP, they did walk up and ask for it....

Show me the MANY MANY MANY case's where a OC person was knocked in the back of the skull and then there weapon taken...and the main purpose was the theft of the gun...

Someone needs to get a 1st grader to write a paper, in crayon if needed, to show that being OC does NOT always invole theft of that person weapon.....

If it was so often, the anti guneers here in CD would be posting those left and right, just like anytime someone does somethng stupid with a gun, just come to CD and find out all the details...

Old 10-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
O.K, I'll take that hit...now tell us what the similarity is?
Reading comprehension 101 Chuck. It's right there in the very next sentence. I believe I may even have mentioned I expected to have to help you out though, did I not?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who said it did????

I said if you can not kill.......do not carry.

I know I can and will kill.
Are you arguing because I further defined what you said by adding the word capable? Many of those willing are not actually capable of doing so.

I agree, again why the argument.

I have that t-shirt, actually several, not overly proud of the fact, it was simply business.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bound to happen. I would sure hate to have that story told about me until the end of time!
He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”
Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint:

Would you attempt to pull your gun with a gun pointed at you? How is this Coleman's fault? People rob shoes, phones, wallets, and anything else. A thief is a thief, and will rob and maybe even murder for anything they can take. Why would an open carry gun be any different? At some point the robber is going to get his head blown off, unless guns are confiscated from law abiding citizens.

Coleman showed his level head by not trying to be a dead hero.

This is a bridge to nothing thread.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension 101 Chuck. It's right there in the very next sentence. I believe I may even have mentioned I expected to have to help you out though, did I not?
You are wasting your time, some here believe being a rational gun owner equates to being anti-gun, that is how fanatical thought processes work, you are 100% with them or you are against them. Plus the attitude of some here today seems a bit over the top, meaning discussion is not really an option.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
It's fine from my perspective for people to legally own guns, but we should recognize that if more guns made us safer, then we should be one of the safest first-world nations on the planet by now.

Gun ownership is ok, but we need a much broader plan of attack that addresses our culture to get a safer society. That is much harder to achieve than gun proliferation.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet, in the case of the OP, they did walk up and ask for it....

Show me the MANY MANY MANY case's where a OC person was knocked in the back of the skull and then there weapon taken...and the main purpose was the theft of the gun...

Someone needs to get a 1st grader to write a paper, in crayon if needed, to show that being OC does NOT always invole theft of that person weapon.....

If it was so often, the anti guneers here in CD would be posting those left and right, just like anytime someone does somethng stupid with a gun, just come to CD and find out all the details...
There ya go again as expected.

No one's made the claim all open carries are losing their weapons to gun-jackers.

I believe I also made an attempt to head you off at the pass by suggesting that: given those links of theft of weapons all stating one common theme; it is the belief of all agencies that a significant number of thefts or loss of weapons go unreported.

Now, would it not seem somewhat linearly logical that a/some theft or loss of a weapon from an open carry advocate might also go unreported for all the same and one additional set of reasons being those of shame or embarrassment along with the other reasons any other significant number of thefts or losses are not reported?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:

It's true that if someone intends to rob a person, it matters little if the victim is armed or not. Look how many cops are shot with their own guns. Carrying does not guarantee anything, but it certainly makes most would be thugs pause. I'd prefer to CC as I would rather hold the high ground against a would be robber.

What the thugs don't know can take them out after the fact.

Quote:
Now, would it not seem somewhat linearly logical that a/some theft or loss of a weapon from an open carry advocate might also go unreported for all the same and one additional set of reasons being those of shame or embarrassment along with the other reasons any other significant number of thefts or losses are not reported?
Nothing but assumptions and "what if's"

Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes it is a laughing matter. Wouldn't you be embarrassed if someone took your piece away from you?

Funny as in Franky got his pop gun taken away by a bad boy! Oh! I thought Franky was a bad boy!
I wonder how quickly your smiley face would vanish in the face of an armed assailant.
Maybe C-D needs a smiley with soiled panties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies