Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhh....yeah. I said that they should use anything they have available to protect themselves.

Whether or not the gun is legal or not is another issue.
Ah.... ok I was confused, So You clearly think criminals should be able to carry illegal guns to protect themselves.
Any gun a criminal carries is illegal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 02:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Bull**** alert. You talk big, but we know you're the first one to hand your gun over to someone pointing a gun at you SMH
Not if I feel I'm going to be shot anyway.

If you read the NRAs 'armed citizen' you will find nowadays a lot of times when an armed citizen defends against the bad guy, the bad guy is armed with a gun and the armed citizen prevails. It's called having better weaponry, better ammo, better practice and training, and having right on your side.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bound to happen. I would sure hate to have that story told about me until the end of time!

He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint:
And you know, the sad thing is that the guy with the gun in his waistband wouldn't have been forced into being a criminal if the guy doing the open carry wouldn't have been doing so. The open carry guy PROVOKED the waistband gun guy to pull that gun. He wanted it--being "dressed" that way. None of this would have ever happened otherwise. I think the open carry guy should spend a few years behind bars as a prison *****. He caused another person to become a criminal and break the law, who would otherwise have been an upstanding, model citizen. And he needs to pay.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:02 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
I said that i've got nothing against criminals (meaning someone with a criminal background) wanting to protect themselves. That's all.

Where did i say that "criminals can have guns?"
To the red part, look at the bold and underlined, you very clearly I might add that you say it's o.k. for criminals to have guns, who want to protect themselves...

Quote:
And where have i ever advocated for more gun laws?
I never said that, go back and read, I said "if your EVER."

Old 07-06-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't.
Yes it does, you clearly stated that it's o.k. for a criminal to protect themselves, with a gun.....

See below:

Quote:
I said that i've got nothing against criminals (meaning someone with a criminal background) wanting to protect themselves. That's all.

This means you're O.K. with criminals having guns....

Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Ah.... ok I was confused, So You clearly think criminals should be able to carry illegal guns to protect themselves.
He talks in circles....

Old 07-07-2015, 05:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Nope. Never said that.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Nope. Never said that.
Then please clarify this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter

You clearly say that a criminal can protect themselves (WITH A GUN). Or are you a a leftist trying to change the definition of a word?

Old 07-07-2015, 06:39 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bound to happen. I would sure hate to have that story told about me until the end of time!

He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint:
People get robbed at gun point all the time, if someone gets the drop on you, it does not matter if you have a gun or not, they will shoot you if you resist

Old 07-07-2015, 06:41 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:

Protect themselves with a Pop Tart eaten into the shape of a gun, maybe, but just don't get caught on the school grounds with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies