Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:33 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Reading comprehension 101 Chuck. It's right there in the very next sentence. I believe I may even have mentioned I expected to have to help you out though, did I not?
Nope, you did not make any such statement....

You may have thought you did, and you may feel you did, but you did not...

BTW, when someone states talking about another posting, because of a little mistake they made (they even admit to making).....then you know they have failed to answer any questions...

You BS, have shown this over and over...when you fail to answer or prove a point you go for grammar/sentence structure/spelling...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Congratulations anti-gun/anti-OC folks. Now you have ONE instance of the thing you fantasize about and constantly claim happens all the time actually happening. When it happens often enough to be something other than an occasional aberration, your position will finally carry some weight. Only about 15 grains, but hey, at least you'll finally have something.
I have no problem with open carry as long as its done right, but the argument that this is the only time thats happened is ignorance.

Heck, gun stores have been robbed

Thieves take $70k in guns during robbery at gun store

Old 10-08-2014, 10:37 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
New & improved slogan: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with two guns".

I will probably have to stop making fun of "An armed society is a polite society", because the robber very politely complimented the gun first. I think that was considerate.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's true that if someone intends to rob a person, it matters little if the victim is armed or not. Look how many cops are shot with their own guns. Carrying does not guarantee anything, but it certainly makes most would be thugs pause. I'd prefer to CC as I would rather hold the high ground against a would be robber.

What the thugs don't know can take them out after the fact.

Nothing but assumptions and "what if's"
As is the flawed supposition the increased proliferation of firearms will make you a safer society.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
There ya go again as expected.
Not really, just pointing out that you are providing links that have zero to do with open carry...

Quote:
No one's made the claim all open carries are losing their weapons to gun-jackers.
You are trying to say that open carry will get your gun stolen, or makes you more of a target...you have faile to prove that...by providing link to guns that are stolen..

Quote:
I believe I also made an attempt to head you off at the pass by suggesting that: given those links of theft of weapons all stating one common theme; it is the belief of all agencies that a significant number of thefts or loss of weapons go unreported.
What do thoes links have to do with open carry? Nothing...

Quote:
Now, would it not seem somewhat linearly logical that a/some theft or loss of a weapon from an open carry advocate might also go unreported for all the same and one additional set of reasons being those of shame or embarrassment along with the other reasons any other significant number of thefts or losses are not reported?
No, those are your thoughts, and your thoughts only, the OPs link very clearly states it was reported or we would not be having this conversation.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have no problem with open carry as long as its done right, but the argument that this is the only time thats happened is ignorance.

Heck, gun stores have been robbed

Thieves take $70k in guns during robbery at gun store
It was Sunday morning, and the store was closed....what does that have to do with a person and OC?

Nothing...

Old 10-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Would you attempt to pull your gun with a gun pointed at you? How is this Coleman's fault? People rob shoes, phones, wallets, and anything else. A thief is a thief, and will rob and maybe even murder for anything they can take. Why would an open carry gun be any different? At some point the robber is going to get his head blown off, unless guns are confiscated from law abiding citizens.

Coleman showed his level head by not trying to be a dead hero.

This is a bridge to nothing thread.
And this is correct, yet this thread has gone so far of course, bringing stats into this thread that mean nothing...and trying to equate it to OC....

Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, you did not make any such statement....

You may have thought you did, and you may feel you did, but you did not...

BTW, when someone states talking about another posting, because of a little mistake they made (they even admit to making).....then you know they have failed to answer any questions...

You BS, have shown this over and over...when you fail to answer or prove a point you go for grammar/sentence structure/spelling...

Quote:

Until you can provide the difference in what a stolen gun that is laying in a car and someone coming up and stealing your gun...then your link have ZERO to do with open carry...

Next up, how many idiots think leaving your weapon in a vehicle is the same as open carry?

My response:
I believe the word you intended was similarity not the opposite.

Level of intelligence required Chuck, level of intelligence. Think about it a bit, but if it's still too obtuse for you, just ask and I'll help out once again.

Goodness me. It's oxymoronic enough arguing with you, but this?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Until you can provide the difference in what a stolen gun that is laying in a car and someone coming up and stealing your gun...then your link have ZERO to do with open carry...

Next up, how many idiots think leaving your weapon in a vehicle is the same as open carry?

My response:
I believe the word you intended was similarity not the opposite.

Level of intelligence required Chuck, level of intelligence. Think about it a bit, but if it's still too obtuse for you, just ask and I'll help out once again.

Goodness me. It's oxymoronic enough arguing with you, but this?
SO, you have proven nothing.....

Thank you for showing your own ignorance...

Old 10-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
SO, you have proven nothing.....

Thank you for showing your own ignorance...
The response was directed to your claiming I didn't say what I've now proven I did in fact give you a linkage with the degree of intelligence required being similar in OPEN carrying.

Haaar! You're consistant, I'll give you that.

It is not my ignorance currently entertaining the folks on here.

Brother you sure take the etch-a-sketch method of social intercourse to a whole 'nuther level.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go now and have a more intellectual conversation with the Rhododendron in my back yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies