Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Meh-they have over 4 times our population and most of their citizens are near-slaves.
True

And we have less air pollution and civil unrest. China has a long way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 AM

70 posts, read 68,125 times
More countries will do better once the dollar collapse, it may happen in just a few years or even months. To bad for a country that used to be so great.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:42 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
About time, seeing how many more people they have contributing to their GDP. However, I still believe they'll have to economic kinks to work out in the near future. Let's see how they handle that before passing the imaginary torch.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
About time, seeing how many more people they have contributing to their GDP. However, I still believe they'll have to economic kinks to work out in the near future. Let's see how they handle that before passing the imaginary torch.
It's not up to us to "pass the torch". And as you can see from the many posts that most don't believe it will happen.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Well that was quick.

China Overtakes US As World's Largest Economy - Business Insider

This was interesting:

More people in China have a higher quality of life than in the US.
Amazing.

Let's all blame Obama.
This is a surprise to anyone? It has been predicted for years. I would add that having worked for a couple of giant Chinese telecom companies and having been to China several times myself I would not be too jealous of their "success' it is not as good as one may believe. I will take our country over theirs in a heartbeat, that is unless you prefer working long hours for low pay in subpar conditions with few freedoms in dirty and unhealthy conditions, then it is all yours, enjoy.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:51 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Well that was quick.

China Overtakes US As World's Largest Economy - Business Insider

This was interesting:

More people in China have a higher quality of life than in the US.
Amazing.

Let's all blame Obama.
Not unexpected, America is in rapid decline. Hey but at lest gays can get married and we can legally smoke dope in Colorado and Washington. (sarcasm)

Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
LOL
I've been to China several times. Their quality of life is horrible for the average person.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This is a surprise to anyone? It has been predicted for years. I would add that having worked for a couple of giant Chinese telecom companies and having been to China several times myself I would not be too jealous of their "success' it is not as good as one may believe. I will take our country over theirs in a heartbeat, that is unless you prefer working long hours for low pay in subpar conditions with few freedoms in dirty and unhealthy conditions, then it is all yours, enjoy.
They are going through what we went through.
They are doing it twice as fast though both industrialization and technology advancement.

Our working conditions in the US used to be just as horrid.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are going through what we went through.
They are doing it twice as fast though both industrialization and technology advancement.

Our working conditions in the US used to be just as horrid.
Except that the model we used polluted the heck out of everything until we put some rational controls on it, they are not, and the conditions they are generating are not only effecting them. Not to mention they have a the slight problem that they are still a COMMUNIST country, and that has it's own set of problems. Oh, and while we are at it India is following the same path, all in the name of "progress' or is that $$$, same thing.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Except that the model we used polluted the heck out of everything until we put some rational controls on it, they are not, and the conditions they are generating are not only effecting them. Not to mention they have a the slight problem that they are still a COMMUNIST country, and that has it's own set of problems. Oh, and while we are at it India is following the same path, all in the name of "progress' or is that $$$, same thing.
You assume that a capitalist country will take over ?
The world is changing though.

And China is not pure communism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies