U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 10:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,808,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Why be less than friendly? We're on the same side, even if we disagree. I myself, tend to think the govt had more to do with 911 than meets the eye. This is, of course, after someone suggested to me some years back that it was an inside job. Cannot remember who the person was. All I know is I disconnected FAST, as I thought he was on the order of the unibomber. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Was it Alec Baldwin? I think he advanced the theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I could believe that someone in the government knew that the attack was coming. I can believe that there are secrets and lies involving 9/11. One of the discovery channel series stated that a NYC teacher had an Indian student point out into the skyline and tell her that "those buildings are not going to be there next week" guess the arabs are better at keeping secrets than the American media LOL!

But I cannot believe that those attacks were brought about by anyone other than Bin Laden. To believe that our government blew up the trade center is lunacy.

Funny how there was a similar conspiracy theory involving Pearl Harbor...we blew up our own ships so we could go to war in Europe..

Yes that's right we love war. We go around the globe looking to start wars and we first attack ourselves. I hope some country comes and takes us over so we stop doing these terrible things to the people of this world. It horrible how nice we live here and we are able to speak out and we can live in nice houses and go out to dinner. It's terrible how we can pick our own jobs and our own schools and have as many kids as we want and even kill as many as we want before they are born. It's outrageous that we have the freedom to speak ill of our government and not be jailed for it. I hope some other country comes soon to take us over and get us out of this mess. Maybe the Muslims will help.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:37 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,274,057 times
Liberals have no idea how to defend freedom but they sure know how to enjoy it

Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 AM

4,247 posts, read 9,196,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Liberals have no idea how to defend freedom but they sure know how to enjoy it
With all due respect, why aren't you in Iraq right now? (or my apologies if you are and sending this message from Iraq). There are PLENTY of liberals who know how to defend freedom and have done so. If you look at the current administration (not to point fingers), but you must see they are all people who never served, not even in Vietnam. They dodged the deal.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:00 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,274,057 times
I have done my time and your response is typical of most liberals. You sit here behind keyboards p**sing and moaning about how bad your president or country is while people are dying for your right to do what you do. We are at war like it or not Our troops need and deserve our respect. Dont you think they know what is being said about them? Look at how quick the response was to Kerry's blunder. When are the liberals going to realize their true enemy is not in Washington DC but alll around the world looking for another chance to kill more of us

Old 11-04-2006, 09:17 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,328,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
Of course, people in power are in power mostly because they're good at exploiting existing conditions and only rarely because they actually cause productive change or possess good leadership skills. That's the essence of what I hate about politicians, they're just cheap lawyers with ego issues and phony personalities. I'm totally non-partisan in this regard. The few politicians I actually respect are from every party --- for example, John McCain and Barak Obama (although maybe I'm just being fooled by both of them, too.) How is liberalism to blame for 9/11 more than our imperialist policies in the middle east that enrage Islamic fundamentalists? Yes, I said IMPERIALIST. If you examine our policies over the last 70 years and compare them to the definition of imperialism, it's a perfect match. We disrespect other cultures. The entire Iraq war is based on the United States Superiority Complex that plagues the American collective psyche, imagining that we have found the best way to live and govern and if we just get everyone else in the world to convert to our ways then everyone will be better off. Backing this view is an extremely profitable global corporate system that benefits from having more capitalist "democracies" (which we seem to define as "governments that let us exploit their resources and labor without interfering with our selfish interests".)

Pardon my extremism in the wording of the above statement. It's not the only way I see things, I also see many problems on the liberal side such as the ones you pointed out. The ultra-PC multiculturalist hyper-sensitive Left has its collective head in the sand and seems to embrace the enslavement of millions of women as "alternative culture" and I'm not a fan of that view either. But you can't blame Islamic rage on liberals or conservatives.

Every American administration has continued the same failed policies --- keeping the US dependent on foreign oil, using resources in the most wasteful manner of any civilization in history, encouraging driving as the best mode of transportation, and acting as if resources are endless and the environment doesn't matter. Then you add on top of that the foreign policies that go with "defending our national interests" (translation: protecting our boundless appetite for oil and other resources) and the result is that most other nations hate us. In response, most Americans become defensive and reactionary, which is exactly the opposite of an intelligent response. If you're truly proud of your country and you believe in what the USA stands for, then you can take an insult gracefully, admit when we're wrong, and help elect leaders who will take us in a new direction away from our corporate/military/oil-dominated politics and toward a true politics of, by, and for THE PEOPLE. Gee.... wasn't that the original point of breaking away from King George?
If your going to quote me don't take it out of the context in which I was answering. We all know that the government drops the ball on a lot of issues. What I said is that post 1993 we should have focused on who we knew the problem is. I invite you to read what the post 1993 intelligence was. If we needed to and still do need to profile certain groups, so be it. Mention profiling to a liberal or the A.C.L.U. and their heads will explode.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:37 AM

1,330 posts, read 4,554,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Yes that's right we love war. We go around the globe looking to start wars and we first attack ourselves. I hope some country comes and takes us over so we stop doing these terrible things to the people of this world. It horrible how nice we live here and we are able to speak out and we can live in nice houses and go out to dinner. It's terrible how we can pick our own jobs and our own schools and have as many kids as we want and even kill as many as we want before they are born. It's outrageous that we have the freedom to speak ill of our government and not be jailed for it. I hope some other country comes soon to take us over and get us out of this mess. Maybe the Muslims will help.
First of all, that is not *MY* theory.

Secondly, I am not a liberal. Just someone who thinks that if you are going to go to war and our military members are going to be put in harms way, it should be for a **** good reason.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
If your going to quote me don't take it out of the context in which I was answering. We all know that the government drops the ball on a lot of issues. What I said is that post 1993 we should have focused on who we knew the problem is. I invite you to read what the post 1993 intelligence was. If we needed to and still do need to profile certain groups, so be it. Mention profiling to a liberal or the A.C.L.U. and their heads will explode.

Read something other than liberal propaganda? That would be a waste of time. That's asking to much. We need to read the Alec Baldwin theory to find out what's going on around here or we can read these forum post. I'm getting enlightened by the minute.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
First of all, that is not *MY* theory.

Secondly, I am not a liberal. Just someone who thinks that if you are going to go to war and our military members are going to be put in harms way, it should be for a **** good reason.

I never said it was your theory. Sounds like the wacky left to me.

What's wrong with saying you are a liberal? You certainly don't sound like a conservative.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:40 PM

1,330 posts, read 4,554,376 times
Well I am not a liberal..

I am kind of a mixed breed...

I am pro gun, I am ok with torturing the living crap out of prisioners if it will save 1 human being, I would personally have turned the mountain ranges of Pakistan into a steaming rubble of rocks to kill Bin Laden and the croneies he runs with..and let that be the end of that for awhile...

but I have a few Democratic ideals as well..I am sure you can pick them out a mile away.

I believe that the president should be a servant to his country. For some reason I feel that this current administration does not have the same opinion. But I can't quite put my finger on WHY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or