Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Wow! D'yer truly believe your own writing?

I bet you would give your guns to the cops if they went door to door asking for them, right?

It would be best not to interfere if they broke into your house and raped all female inhabitants as well, correct? Would you make coffee and sandwiches while they have their fun at your expense?

The police do that in 3rd world countries. You act as if you would welcome it here.
I posted it so the answer is, Yes I do believe my own writing.

You would lose that bet

What an idiotic thing to say, I see you have gone off the deep end once again.

We are not a third world country, between the two off us I can assume I am the only one that has ever been to a third world country, otherwise you would not post such complete nonsense.

Let me know when you have a RATIONAL argument why it is a bad idea to comply when law enforcement officers tell you to do something within reason, or don't that works just fine with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 09:31 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sheriffs have much different legal abilities than do police.

One is elected and one is hired.
this has literally nothing to do with warrants. A cop or a sheriffs deputy can still entire a domicile if they have a reasonable suspicion a felony is in progress.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:17 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Here is an important question. Was pepper spray necessary?

Old 10-26-2014, 12:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
this has literally nothing to do with warrants. A cop or a sheriffs deputy can still entire a domicile if they have a reasonable suspicion a felony is in progress.
Does the presence of a black person quality as an exigent circumstance?

Old 10-26-2014, 12:31 PM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Does the presence of a black person quality as an exigent circumstance?
To me, it would not qualify. An exigent circumstance is something like a crime taking place.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To me, it would not qualify. An exigent circumstance is something like a crime taking place.
Exactly. These officers had no authority to conduct a warrantless search of the home (well, maybe they did if you actually believe their story that both the door into the garage and the door from the garage to the house were open - lol).

Old 10-26-2014, 04:26 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,572 times
These armed home invaders should have left in body bags. The young man is very fortunate that he wasn't murdered himself! It's a sad day when leaving a door open (which is doubtful) constitutes probable cause for a gang of armed thugs to enter your own home and assault you!

Old 10-26-2014, 04:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I posted it so the answer is, Yes I do believe my own writing.

You would lose that bet

What an idiotic thing to say, I see you have gone off the deep end once again.

We are not a third world country, between the two off us I can assume I am the only one that has ever been to a third world country, otherwise you would not post such complete nonsense.

Let me know when you have a RATIONAL argument why it is a bad idea to comply when law enforcement officers tell you to do something within reason, or don't that works just fine with me

Wow, can you step up your game some more? How 3rd world do you want to get...living there or merely visiting?

Old 10-26-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
It's a sad day when leaving a door open (which is doubtful) constitutes probable cause for a gang of armed thugs to enter your own home and assault you!
Not one door - but two doors. From the police report:

Sargeant Taylor:

Upon our arrival to Officer Stancil he was standing by the side door of the garage with his gun drawn. The door that Officer Stancil was standing next to was open approximately 4 inches. Officer Stancil, myself, and Officer Lane then made entry into the garage ... Once we determined that the garage was clear I then walked up to the door that lead into the home and found that it was also open approximately 4 inches. Myself, Officer Stancil, and Officer Lane then made entry into the home.

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs...21613_0001.pdf

Old 10-26-2014, 05:14 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,572 times
Damn! It's a good thing there weren't 3 doors left opened. That would probably warrant an attack by a SWAT team. And that along with an open window or 2 would justify an air attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Not one door - but two doors. From the police report:

Sargeant Taylor:

Upon our arrival to Officer Stancil he was standing by the side door of the garage with his gun drawn. The door that Officer Stancil was standing next to was open approximately 4 inches. Officer Stancil, myself, and Officer Lane then made entry into the garage ... Once we determined that the garage was clear I then walked up to the door that lead into the home and found that it was also open approximately 4 inches. Myself, Officer Stancil, and Officer Lane then made entry into the home.

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs...21613_0001.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies