Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:45 PM

1,268 posts, read 797,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Vote against Obama because you disagree with his policies, his lies, his selective enforcement of our laws and his disregard for the millions who have legally immigrated to this country. Vote against Obama because he has failed as a leader and failed to put America first.
Vote against any incumbent who has made it a point to be part of the problem rather than part of a solution. The same reason the GOP lost control of the house and senate in 08.
Serious question: Do some of you think Obama is running for another political office? I don't take anything for granted anymore. The "keep the government out of my Medicare" signs, birthers, and death panels mantra makes it very hard to ascertain your actual level of ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 07:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Lies are not talking points.
I see you stand by Obama's side.
True and I see Cons posting them here daily, your point is?

I voted the man in office because in both cases he was the better choice, especially the choices in 2008.
Do I disagree with Obama on some topics, sure, but that is true when it comes to any elected official I have supported. Do I buy into the mudslinging the Cons have spread over the last 6 plus years no, know why, because so often I find that when one looks into the claims of the Cons one finds that they are not being completely honest in their accusations not to mention the fact that many Cons whine no matter what he does or does not do and as with the boy that cried wolf one begins to simply tune them out.
Will the Repubs trot out a candidate 2016 that is worth more than a first glance, I hope so, there are good Republicans that would do a good job as our President. Or will they believe they can get away with shoving some hard core right leaner such as Cruz on us, in that case I and many Indes will be forced once again to make the choice to vote for the lesser of two evils, even Hillary. Maybe the GOP should run Jeb and the Dems can run Hillary and once again the American voters will have the choice between a Clinton and a Bush. And at that point I, and many others, will abstain from voting at all because at that point we will know beyond a shadow of doubt that this Nation is doomed and it is only a matter of time before the Nation simply ends as a Union and we start over in our own seperate Nations.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:49 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Obama is not up for re election so who cares.
No but even he has pushed that this election is all about his policies.
Even Democrats running for re-election are telling Obama to stay away.

Wendy Davis doesn't even want Obama's support.
She had to go with Michele who is less toxic.

Michelle Obama backs Wendy Davis in new radio ad - The Washington Post

Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
If you lost your insurance or your rates went up. Remember, Obamacare wouldn't have passed without those democrats up for re-election. Vote.. vote.. vote for revenge.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No but even he has pushed that this election is all about his policies.
Even Democrats running for re-election are telling Obama to stay away.

Wendy Davis doesn't even want Obama's support.
She had to go with Michele who is less toxic.

Michelle Obama backs Wendy Davis in new radio ad - The Washington Post
Yea, Michelle Obama is not honest like her husband. Pledging how a politician who's up for election is a good man that she knows well, then she mispronounced the Democratic hopeful's name not once, not twice, but seven times in front of a crowd of supporters.

"I'm very excited to be here to support your next Senator from Iowa, our friend Bruce Bailey," the first lady said commencing her speech on Friday."

Dumb ass, at least if your going to stump know his name.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/11/politi...ndidates-name/

Old 10-21-2014, 04:17 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Have any of you loyal Dems looked at the two candidates that your party found for the Montana House and Senate seats?
One of them is running on balancing the budget by cutting the pay and perks of Congress. He doesn't explain how he thinks a freshman Congressman is going to get co-sponsors for such a bill, and how he plans on getting it to the floor for a vote. I don't believe he has any chance of getting that passed!
The other is running on a platform of class warfare and gender warfare. We certainly don't need THAT!
Once again, we are stuck with voting for the lesser of two evils. I am not fond of the repub candidates, either, but there is no way I can vote for the dems!
Well done, democrat party of Montana.
I wonder how many other states have the same problem?
I cannot stand the Republican candidate for the US Senate in Alaska either, but it is either him or the Democrat incumbent Mark Begich. So there really is no choice in the matter. If Sullivan does not beat Begich, then the GOP will not control the Senate.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Vote for revenge? What a disgusting and pathetic sentiment.

The "founding fathers' would be so proud.

But for low info voters, guess any reason will do.
Yes, Obama's sentiments are pathetic and disgusting!

I agree, low info voters that voted for Obama, because it would be cool to, despite his total lack of executive/managerial experience should be ashamed of damaging our country.

Obama is such an intellectual lightweight he couldn't even explain away his revenge marks, because he didn't have a teleprompter to tell him what to say - what an idiot.

Obama campaign struggles to explain

Old 10-21-2014, 04:33 AM

26,467 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I cannot stand the Republican candidate for the US Senate in Alaska either, but it is either him or the Democrat incumbent Mark Begich. So there really is no choice in the matter. If Sullivan does not beat Begich, then the GOP will not control the Senate.
I am not particularly fond of the Republican senate candidate in my state either and would actually like to vote for the Democrat if this were a normal year. However, I am having a hard time voting for the Democrat, because a Republican controlled Senate might be able to help reign in this lawless president who will have more "flexibility" for executive orders after the election.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not particularly fond of the Republican senate candidate in my state either and would actually like to vote for the Democrat if this were a normal year. However, I am having a hard time voting for the Democrat, because a Republican controlled Senate might be able to help reign in this lawless president who will have more "flexibility" for executive orders after the election.
I don't think there is any doubt that the GOP hates to see people vote.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:47 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't think there is any doubt that the GOP hates to see people vote.
I don't think there is a democrat anywhere that hate to see legal voters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies