Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
When will black people in general stop being sellouts to "the man"? That is what I want to know.

I'm pretty tired of arguing about it. I just wish black people would direct their discontent at those who actually deserve it, rather than simply taking advantage of their more immediate neighbors(IE themselves).
When will white people stop psychoanalyzing black people as if we are all the same?

If you care, go into the black community and help. If not, keep it moving.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
When will white people stop psychoanalyzing black people as if we are all the same?

And that's my ENTIRE point of the first post I put on here.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:16 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Look at how they act. Point proved.
I am not talking about "they". I am talking about he, the individual you addressed. I asked you if you knew of such things about that one individual. However, you are not addressing the individual, you are intent on judging said person based on the very worst persons within the Black population. I can tell because I'm not getting a straight answer from you, just straw man arguments.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:

Just what would help???

Old 10-10-2014, 09:18 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:

I'm not psycho-analyzing. I completely understand diversity of opinion. Just listen to my countless rants about how much more diversity of opinion there is in this country than what is understood.

What I was saying in my post, is that there used to be black people who actually wanted to make real changes to "the system". Then they effectively got bribed by Uncle Sam by welfare programs and other handouts, and then stopped pushing.

The "black leaders" we know the names of, came in to turn black people(at least perceptually) into victims who should be handed a slew of special-privileges. I would have rathered they just stood on their principles.

When you imagine yourself a "victim" of the system, it is very easy to not want to be a part of it. Why be a part of a system which is rigged against you? Why not take from those people who are already taking from you? Who really deserves what in such a corrupt system?

I'm pretty darn white, and that is how I feel about the system. The rigged Wall Street/corporations/bankers/government/political system, with their special privileges, subsidies, and bailouts. Why should I care?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:20 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I will call this how I see it. This is yet another "complain about Black people" kind of thing. Ironic that there are those who say Blacks are irrelevant. If this was so, then why are there so many people complaining about Black people? What is being accomplished by complaining about Blacks other than stirring up more anger?

Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will call this how I see it. This is yet another "complain about Black people" kind of thing. Ironic that there are those who say Blacks are irrelevant. If this was so, then why are there so many people complaining about Black people? What is being accomplished by complaining about Blacks other than stirring up more anger?
Because this country is another example of the ignorant belief in the virtue of Democracy.

If it is advantageous politically to either make victims out of black people, or to complain about them, then it will happen. It doesn't really matter if either stance has any merit whatsoever.

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.

The strange American ardor for passing laws, the insane belief in regulation and punishment, plays into the hands of the reformers, most of them quacks themselves. Their efforts, even when honest, seldom accomplish any appreciable good.

H. L. Mencken - Wikiquote

Old 10-10-2014, 11:53 AM

59,045 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Funny, seeing how it's usually closed minded, judgemental people who MAKE these threads.

You took what I said, picked parts out of it, and made your own broad generalization. Again:

Typically on this forum, anytime we have a "blacks do this, blacks don't do that" type of thread (like this one) it's generally just to point out flaws in one race while making the other look somehow better in comparison. You think it helps blacks for someone on a random internet forum who more than likely has no idea what it is to be black in this country or what's even best for blacks to try and say something that isn't going to do anything but incite an argument?

THINK, dude. Just take a quick look at some of the responoses...
Anyone with a sub user name "Funkytown's Finest', Then uses "dude" makes me think it is someone who is still wet behind the ears and hasn't grasped adulthood yet.

Have fun in your juvenile world.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:02 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:

I reckon when the black community ceases to demand it.

I also reckon most of us would just love to simply view you as normal, as in "more or less like us" or "just some other folks." Strikes me as better than constantly being patronized, cosseted, and generally viewed as helpless.

Of course many of us do just that and are consequently smeared or derided for it.

As for helping, well, if you only knew.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Right about the same time black people stop accusing white people of being racists as if we are all the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies