Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Both lingerie and breast feeding are best kept on display in the privacy of your home.
Do you only eat in the privacy of your own home? I doubt that, well a baby needs to eat regardless of where a woman is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 10:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you only eat in the privacy of your own home? I doubt that, well a baby needs to eat regardless of where a woman is.
Thats why there's breast pumps and bottles, and if you're really set on only feeding in the most natural form, there's privacy bibs.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thats why there's breast pumps and bottles, and if you're really set on only feeding in the most natural form, there's privacy bibs.
Of course there are privacy bibs, that can be used in public. But a woman choosing to breast feed her child shouldn't be shamed while a billboard of a woman in lingerie be accepted.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:38 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I doubt you will save even a penny. The tax on booze here is absurdly high. The Costco founder put that in his initiative to legalize booze sales, as a sop to liberal Democrats. It did work, and his initiative (ballot measure) passed despite some objections from liberals and public sector unions. Now you can buy booze at a Costco or Safeway, but the price has actually gone up from the old state liquor store system.

The press here refers to the practice as "sin taxes" which I think is quite apt. It's an excellent illustration of my point that liberalism is just a mutant version of Puritanism.
Like I said earlier I can save a few bucks from shopping at Costco(never shopped anywhere else for liquor)in WA for liquor in high volumes(the OLCC has prices for every liquor in Oregon so it's easy to compare), but as an Oregon resident I don't have to pay sales tax in WA.

Old 10-12-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Like I said earlier I can save a few bucks from shopping at Costco(never shopped anywhere else for liquor)in WA for liquor in high volumes(the OLCC has prices for every liquor in Oregon so it's easy to compare), but as an Oregon resident I don't have to pay sales tax in WA.
I love not having a sales tax.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:39 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Of course there are privacy bibs, that can be used in public. But a woman choosing to breast feed her child shouldn't be shamed while a billboard of a woman in lingerie be accepted.
I agree.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
Quote:
I doubt you will save even a penny. The tax on booze here is absurdly high. The Costco founder put that in his initiative to legalize booze sales, as a sop to liberal Democrats. It did work, and his initiative (ballot measure) passed despite some objections from liberals and public sector unions. Now you can buy booze at a Costco or Safeway, but the price has actually gone up from the old state liquor store system.

The press here refers to the practice as "sin taxes" which I think is quite apt. It's an excellent illustration of my point that liberalism is just a mutant version of Puritanism.
You do realize that the highest beer excise taxes are in the southern conservative states, right?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
In 2009 Frank and his business partners were all indicted for racketeering, conspiracy, mail fraud, and money laundering. Eventually all except Frank took plea deals that included shutting down the clubs and turning over about $5.8 million in cash and property. "We are shutting down a corrupt criminal organization that made millions of dollars exploiting women," said U.S. attorney Jenny Durkan (now rumored to be a possible replacement for Eric Holder).

Frank refused a plea deal, and died in 2010 at age 93 before a deal could be reached, or a conviction obtained. The government sold off the property, and the main club eventually reopened as a strip club under new ownership.
If you can't tell the difference between seedy business owners getting busted for criminal activity and puritanical liberals closing down strip clubs, you just might be a City-Data conservative.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't know about Canada, but in most places in the US strip clubs that serve alcohol can only be topless. Oregon is an exception - full nude stripping and alcohol are allowed in the same establishment.
I believe Hawaii still has full nude and an open bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies