Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 12:06 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Noooo THAT is disturbing. You basically take out the entire middle ground by saying that.

Believe it or not, there are people out there who have different views than you have and they have 10x more backbone than any wussy president sitting in the White House.

Just because we don't like "W" does not make us incompetent or weak.

And for the record, there is a difference between lying about a blow job and starting a war. One is much less severe than the other. 3000 soldiers did not die because "W" got a BJ.

Their is no middle ground in war. It's not about liking W or not, it's about standing behind our President in wartime. We have people within our own government calling W a terrorist on foreign soil yet. Ted Kennedy saying out loud to our enemies that the torture chambers in Iraq have opened under new management. **** Durbin saying out soliders are natzi's. Others saying W is targeting civilians, Kerry saying our soilders are terrorzing woman and children in the dark of night. Is this anyway for sitting Senators to talk about our military? Not to mention Gore going around screaming unhinged.We are in a war and those soilders need the country to stand by them. The dems say they support the troops and then they talk about them like this. The hate they have for Bush is blinding. If you want to support these kind of people that's your choice. Being from a military family I would not stand for these people bad mouthing our troops like this. This plays into the enemies hands. Everytime you hear a terrorist speak or a statement is read it mirrors these democrat talking points. I'd say it's a fair statement to say either you are with us or with the terrorist. Pick a side. I choose to be an American and stand with our President. He's not perfect but he's the current President of these United States not the Divided States.

Social issues are another thing.

BTW how do you expect someone to be loyal to his country when he can't be loyal to his wife? To do those dispicable deeds in the White House is even more disgraceful and you want to bring him back there?

Bush did not start this war. If Saddam would have complied with at least maybe by the 10th resolution we wouldn't have to given him 3 more. Why do we have UN resolutions? The UN is corrupt. This is a discussion for another day and another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2006, 05:42 AM

148 posts, read 950,984 times
Default Kitty Kelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
You are really out of touch. This Kitty Kelly thing came out years ago and the liberal media was on her like white on rice until they found our she was a kook and then dropped her as fast as they could. Now when the libs won't keep it going you know something is not right.

Are you kidding me? The President of the United States would sue any of these Kooks that write books about him. He'd have lawsuits upon lawsuits. Why even acknowledge these people. I'm not even sure what I'm doing on his forum. I always heard about people with these thoughts but I didn't know they were in numbers. They don't show up at the polls to vote. I know these thoughts are not mainstream. It seems like mainstream on this forum though.

40,000 -60,000 is not the poor like most want us to think.
a1m,

The book was published in 2004, so the time frame is not that many years ago. The conservative press was much more hostile to Kelley than the liberal press.

Kitty Kelley is not a kook. I'll tell you who's a kook: George W. Bush. Bush has psychological problems. It may not be obvious to many people, but it's obvious to me. He's not all there. He's lived a life that's not a mainstream life, and he's completely out-of-touch with reality. He has little concept of reality. Hiding his homosexuality has taken a huge toll. That's my take on George Bush. He certainly has other demons.

I do agree with you that he can't sue a long list of people. When this turkey is finally out of the White House, I hope a lot people will be suing him.

Z

Old 11-05-2006, 05:56 AM

148 posts, read 950,984 times
Default War

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
Closet cases?? Does that mean gays that you don't know about? If so, how do you determine which party has the most???

Rich kids marching off to war? Does that mean "intelligent" by Kerry standards? I hate the idea that any kid has to march off to war.
It's not that easy coming out of the closet, but the Democratic Party is much, much, much, much more welcoming. The Bush administration has a statistically high number of gays and lesbians.

I don't like the idea of kids marching off to war either, but rich kids have to pull their fair weight and they're not pulling their weight. I can assure you that if rich kids were marching off to Iraq, our troops would have been home a long time ago.

Z

Old 11-05-2006, 07:05 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
I started a joke,
which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see
that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry,
which started the whole world laughing.
Oh, if I'd only seen
that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies,
running my hands
over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed,
hurting my head
from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died,
which started the whole world living.
Oh, if I'd only seen
that the joke was on me.

Thank you Brothers Gibb 1968.......How appropriate

Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 AM

311 posts, read 618,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
It's not that easy coming out of the closet, but the Democratic Party is much, much, much, much more welcoming. The Bush administration has a statistically high number of gays and lesbians.

I don't like the idea of kids marching off to war either, but rich kids have to pull their fair weight and they're not pulling their weight. I can assure you that if rich kids were marching off to Iraq, our troops would have been home a long time ago.

Z
This info is according to KK, right???

Old 11-05-2006, 09:25 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting a mandatory draft? Remember Vietnam and the "College Deferment" or the infamous "Medical Deferment" (I'm not bashing anyone that had a legitimate deferment during the vietnam draft) but I wonder how many of todays so called entitled would get a medical disqualification because of a rare disease syndrome (lack of backbone). What do you think?

Sorry I was actually posting a reply to ZELIA

Old 11-05-2006, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Where do they get these theories? Geez Ann Coulter says Clinton is gay and I have enough intelligence to dismiss that knowing what we know about Clinton. But saying anything about Bush they believe.

I have to take a break from this forum

Old 11-05-2006, 12:01 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,093,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Are you suggesting a mandatory draft? Remember Vietnam and the "College Deferment" or the infamous "Medical Deferment" (I'm not bashing anyone that had a legitimate deferment during the vietnam draft) but I wonder how many of todays so called entitled would get a medical disqualification because of a rare disease syndrome (lack of backbone). What do you think?
I think that they already have screwed the active duty and reserves enough to cover all the people they need for awhile...

Since "stop loss" and "calling up the ready reserves" are not technically a draft

There are so many disqualifiers that are easy to figure out I am sure the rich boys who DON'T want to go will find a way out.

But rest easy... this liberal, no backbone having military wife packed her husband's bags yesterday and sent him overseas to help bring boys back home from Iraq.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:55 PM

311 posts, read 618,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Where do they get these theories? Geez Ann Coulter says Clinton is gay and I have enough intelligence to dismiss that knowing what we know about Clinton. But saying anything about Bush they believe.

I have to take a break from this forum
Some sources they cite.....Kitty Kelley, whats his name Webb, sort of like "unnamed source close to the white house" that the liberal media love to quote. Seems like Dan Rattler tried that one before he gave his source, or whatever he did that got him fired (excuse me, retired, reassigned).

Might be a good time for both of us to take a break (and all other conservatives here) just spend our time encouraging people around us to get to the polls! That would leave the rest to bicker among themselves. If they have too much free time on their hands, they might go to the library and check out some of KK's books, or Webb,....and dare I add, Michael J. Fox. Please check and see what he said about his meds!

Old 11-05-2006, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Some sources they cite.....Kitty Kelley, whats his name Webb, sort of like "unnamed source close to the white house" that the liberal media love to quote. Seems like Dan Rattler tried that one before he gave his source, or whatever he did that got him fired (excuse me, retired, reassigned).

Might be a good time for both of us to take a break (and all other conservatives here) just spend our time encouraging people around us to get to the polls! That would leave the rest to bicker among themselves. If they have too much free time on their hands, they might go to the library and check out some of KK's books, or Webb,....and dare I add, Michael J. Fox. Please check and see what he said about his meds!

I don't think they would bicker among themselves they are all reading from the same play book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies