Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:44 PM

421 posts, read 345,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
Typical liberal mumbo jumbo. Calling the kettle black. Lets see if Any of these names can match with your theatrical theory on rebuplicans> Bill Clinton, Sandy Burger, John Mertha, LC, William Jefferson, etc. Want more?

William Jefferson and his frozen money. Cooked yes? Mertha interested in taking bribes from an Arab. LC impeached judge. Impeached my Pelosi back in 88 for taking a bribe. Sandy Burger stealing classified documents and sticking them in his pants. Clinton speaks for himself. Ted Kennedy and his unfortunate drowing incident that he reported 3 days later.
McGreddy and his problems, Harry Reed and his crooked Real Estate deals in Nevada. Pelosi backing unions and hiring illegals to work on her vineyards.

Yes glad to see dignity being restored in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbercuddles View Post
Understatement of the century...no offense, but since when does Kerry's comment lead into how someone is sure of the fact that Bush is gay?!? Is there some wacky tobacky involved in this forum? You know, maybe I should check out that forum....
Now Bush is gay? I was wondering how long it would be before they said that. What's next?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
My father has worked for him a few times..on construction. His employees seem to really like him sorry he has screwed you south jerseyans but I don't think you can be friendly to small business and sucessful as him all at the same time - his job is to "crush his advisary" remember? *guess you don't watch the apprentice then LOL!*

I can respect someone who makes, loses and regains a fortune..at least he might have a clue as to how the heck to get us out of this deficit disaster.

What about the evil Walmart? Aren't they 1000 times worse????

The way to decrease the deficit is to lower taxes and stop spending money on pork belly projects. Bush had the right idea but spent like a democrat.

John Edwards buying a PS3 from Walmart the other day was great. Hilary and Bill own stock in Walmart and so does Theresa Hines Ketchup.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'd agree with a lot of posts above regarding Presidential/Wannabe Presidential speakers.

Another great speaker (but not a President): Martin Luther King

Of all the people out there now, politically, that I've heard speak, I think Barack Obama is a great speaker. His keynote address at the Democratic Convention in 2004 was one of those speeches that just makes you feel incredibly proud to be an American. Even the Free Republic posters (who normally can't stand any Dems) were taken back and could only say "He should be a Republican." I look forward to hearing more from him, if only to see if he gives me that *excited to be an American* feeling again.

There are a handful of other politicans out there who speak well when they are passionate on a subject.

Clinton was a great speaker and your point? This Obama has no experience in anything, you want him running the United States?

Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,081,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
Clinton was a great speaker and your point? This Obama has no experience in anything, you want him running the United States?
I can't believe that people would elect someone completing his first term.

There are many great speakers out there gotta have the brains and experience too!

Which is why Hillary and Gore, even Kerry (after his stupid comment) are out ahead of him in the polls by a large margain.

Interesting how most polls have Clinton and Gore at the top of the dem polls.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,343,984 times
I rarely comment in the political sections, but noticed this headline. I don't plan on reading it's entirety, but my first thought was "pot to kettle". But I noticed someone already posted it.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:19 PM

311 posts, read 616,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I can't believe that people would elect someone completing his first term.
Yep, our NC missing-in-action senator John Edwards comes to mind. He went to the Senate with one thing in mind....the presidential election. I'm sure he wanted the top seat but would settle for 2nd (the first time around ). I have never voted for him for anything and sure would't begin now. At least he didn't carry NC in the last election!

Old 11-22-2006, 08:14 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,080,783 times
Going back to the original title of the post.

I thought that Kerry was pointing out that the *under-educated* and poor would be sacrificed (think about that word for a moment people).

Statistically, I think this is true? Someone will correct me if wrong.

There are plenty of wealthy, educated, stupid(dumb) people ;P We tend not to send them to war.

Sadly, it is the intelligent, and motivated, but poor ,who end up on the front lines. I am thankful, today, that I do not have a son.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 AM

112 posts, read 69,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Going back to the original title of the post.

I thought that Kerry was pointing out that the *under-educated* and poor would be sacrificed (think about that word for a moment people).

Statistically, I think this is true? Someone will correct me if wrong.

There are plenty of wealthy, educated, stupid(dumb) people ;P We tend not to send them to war.

Sadly, it is the intelligent, and motivated, but poor ,who end up on the front lines. I am thankful, today, that I do not have a son.

First of all we do not send. Last I heard they volunteer. Second I am tired of people down playing serving our country like it’s not worth protecting. It would be terrible to loose a son in the line of duty. But if I did I would be proud of him. He died for us to live. With all of America's faults name one country that is better and worth dieing for.

Old 12-31-2006, 03:19 PM

5 posts, read 19,983 times
thecuban
The soldiers in Iraq are not serving our country. They are fighting a personal
war for George Bush. What a magical world you live in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies