U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:29 AM

545 posts, read 537,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
MJ, I am a woman also (and I know what BTW stands for )!! I don't think a1m1700 told you to be quiet (I think that is what you meant when you said quite), she said, and I quote, "please don't make a comment like that" end quote.

mb919,
I personally don't see where her comment was any more offensive than MJ's with the directive to take a "chill pill and calm down!"

[CENTER]My side of this issue is closed.
May the best person win in the election. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Warmest regards,
JOY[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 08:36 AM

454 posts, read 636,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Kerry actually served in the military. How much more of a supporter of the military can you be?
Kerry seemed to mention that fact on a daily basis during his failed campaign for the prez. That we know. What we also hear is that what he did when he was over vs. what he said he did, is in question. Add to that his testimony in front of congress and all of the other activities and statements he has said and done since then speak volumes. If you worked for a company that asked you to attend an event that you did not agree with, but you did because it was "your job", would that mean you supported the activity... or were you just "doing you job".

Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,785,351 times
Quote:
Kerry actually served in the military. How much more of a supporter of the military can you be?

Are you informed at all? Have you heard any of his anit military rants for the past 30 years on how he attacks our military? I guess not.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:09 AM

83 posts, read 315,633 times
First off, I just want to say that it seems irrelevant how pristine or noble Kerry's military record is. At least he was freaking there people! I just cannot fathom how you can possibly defend and support Bush and his cronies who never ever served, then call them military supporters, and then insist that Kerry's service wasn't good enough. Someone please, please explain to me how the heck that makes any sense whatsoever?

As for Kerry, I think he put his foot in his mouth at the worst time so close to the election. Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything he said but he should have known well how badly this would reflect on the democratic party, if you are following this whole "game" of course because I'm personally sick of bipartisan politics.

I also find it ironic how the military, the exact organization that recruits kids into the military by touting a paid for college education are now going to say that what Kerry said was disrespectul. That is exactly what they do!! They know that this is a big seller for getting kids to sign up so why are they complaining when Kerry states the obvious? This is what they teach their recruiters to do and they know it.

Now I'm not sure I understand the "joke" on Bush either. I think Kerry is just sidestepping what he truly meant (he does this often) to try and save his party by appealing to all. What he said and meant to say was dead on. The military preys on poor to middle class kids who have no money or scholarship for college. That doesn't make them stupid by any means and I don't see where he called them as such. It simply means that if you don't have money for college and study hard to get your degree, you might end up in the military. Heck, I don't have a college degree myself and neither does most of my family. That doesn't make any of us stupid. It is simply an observation. He never said that. People are reading more into that context than was necessary.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:47 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,263,223 times
It is not his service that people are p@@sed at It is what he did when he got back is why he is hated by alot of Vets

Old 11-03-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Kerry has spent 30 years bashing the military. Just a few months ago he said our troops were terrorizing woman and children in the dark of night. Not a nice thing for our enemies to hear a sitting United States Senator say. I wouldn't call that support I would call it disgraceful.

Thay remark he made was typical Kerry not a joke. If it was a joke he would have corrected himself and retold the joke right there. What was the joke? He should get another purple heart for shooting himself in the foot again.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:54 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,056,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Kerry has spent 30 years bashing the military. Just a few months ago he said our troops were terrorizing woman and children in the dark of night. Not a nice thing for our enemies to hear a sitting United States Senator say. I wouldn't call that support I would call it disgraceful.

Thay remark he made was typical Kerry not a joke. If it was a joke he would have corrected himself and retold the joke right there. What was the joke? He should get another purple heart for shooting himself in the foot again.
If you don't like Kerry's record of service, then let's talk about Bush's military service.

Oh.

How about Cheney's?

Oh.

How about Rumsfeld's?

Oh.

That's right- chickenhawks are chickenhawks because THEY don't serve and fight wars- they just want everyone else to do it FOR them...

Old 11-03-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewytch View Post
First off, I just want to say that it seems irrelevant how pristine or noble Kerry's military record is. At least he was freaking there people! I just cannot fathom how you can possibly defend and support Bush and his cronies who never ever served, then call them military supporters, and then insist that Kerry's service wasn't good enough. Someone please, please explain to me how the heck that makes any sense whatsoever?

As for Kerry, I think he put his foot in his mouth at the worst time so close to the election. Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything he said but he should have known well how badly this would reflect on the democratic party, if you are following this whole "game" of course because I'm personally sick of bipartisan politics.

I also find it ironic how the military, the exact organization that recruits kids into the military by touting a paid for college education are now going to say that what Kerry said was disrespectul. That is exactly what they do!! They know that this is a big seller for getting kids to sign up so why are they complaining when Kerry states the obvious? This is what they teach their recruiters to do and they know it.

Now I'm not sure I understand the "joke" on Bush either. I think Kerry is just sidestepping what he truly meant (he does this often) to try and save his party by appealing to all. What he said and meant to say was dead on. The military preys on poor to middle class kids who have no money or scholarship for college. That doesn't make them stupid by any means and I don't see where he called them as such. It simply means that if you don't have money for college and study hard to get your degree, you might end up in the military. Heck, I don't have a college degree myself and neither does most of my family. That doesn't make any of us stupid. It is simply an observation. He never said that. People are reading more into that context than was necessary.

Well at least Bush wasn't a draft dodger like Clinton and Bush supports the troops where Kerry does not and that's more shameful than anything. He is just an opportunist that will walk all over anybody or anything to get what he
wants. He already married two women for money.

You are wrong and so is Kerry the military is not full of poor stupid kids. Their are plenty of smart educated people in the military and for him to say such a thing about our troops is irresponsible. There are many ways for poor kids to go to college in this country without joining the military. Can you get into an Ivy league school without money and modest grades no, but who can. Their are plenty of Grants out there for whoever wants them. You have to want to go.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
He's a boob, but its not arrogance. That man is COMPLETELY out of touch with this country, and reality for that matter. I dont think he really has any idea what people think of him. Sad actually. Sad that was who I had to vote for in 2004, lol. I just figured he was harmless and he could skate through 4 years until a better candidate came along.

Saturday night live once did a parody of him and Bill Clinton together. It was hilarious, and so true. I hope you get to see it one day.

I'm not sure he would have been harmless. Harmful comes to mind.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
I hate it when people say "but (fill in the blank) said/did something far worse" but I feel I have to do that... When Rush Limbaugh made his remarks they were played over and over.....does the "Kerry treatment" apply to him? It was a mistaken delivery??? The fact that MJFox DID say that he sometimes manipulated his medications before speaking at least played a part in what Limbaugh said....wonder if he could "flip-flop" like Kerry and be forgiven?

Oh Bravo Whitney!!! That won't fly with the libs though. They are blinded by their hatred for Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies