Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:10 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,451,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
This election should not be about John Kerry. The Republicans will try to make John Kerry an issue, because John Kerry is a distraction from the real issues facing this country. Blame everything on Bill Clinton. That worked for a while. Blame everything on someone else. Don't own up to your own mistakes. Now, the Republicans will blame everything on John Kerry. Sure! If the electorate is that gullible, we're in very sad shape. Of course, we're in sad shape with George W. Bush as our president.

Same-sex marriage should not be an issue. Iraq--yes! Same-sex marriage--no! President Bush is either bisexual or homosexual. Kitty Kelley asserted in her book that George W. Bush swings both ways.

Has George W. Bush sued Kitty Kelley? No! If I wasn't homosexual/bisexual, and someone was asserting that I was, I would be taking them to court. Why hasn't Bush sued Kitty Kelley? You tell me? It's not because he doesn't have the money. It's because her assertion was absolutely, positvely correct. She was right on the money. An aging male prostitute has slept at the White House numerous times. Why is this hooker sleeping at the White House? You tell me? Other people have asserted Bush's same-sex orientation. Lips was Bush's nickname in college.

Our country is being run by homophobic homosexuals. They play the homosexual card when they, themselves, are homosexual.

History tends to repeat itself. J. Edgar Hoover, McCarthy, and Roy Cohn were choir boys compared to the incompetent, unethical, morally-corrupt, and power-grabbing scoundrels running our country now.

George W. Bush should be the person apologizing.

Z

Distraction by the Dems= Rush Limbaugh

BTW what do you have against gays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Got news for you ALL. Neither Clinton nor Kerry are calling the shots, so why persist in this discourse? I understand buyer's remorse, but ya'll have taken it to a new level. Whew!
Got news for you, Clinton calls the shots for the Dems.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Data shows that they are not in the majority tho.

Do you see any politicians relatives in the military? Last I knew, there was one senator with a nephew or something that was in the reserves..most people are joining the military for the bonuses and the health care and for the security of a paycheck. I have seen enough to know. Pat Tillman was a rarity. Do you really think a lot of these over grown pigs that play sports today would take a time out to go get shot at in Iraq??? The military targets people who have no options...the demand for college grads in the military is slipping somewhat due to the privitazation of a lot of career fields.

I also have friends/people close to the family who now are dead or have come back wounded from iraq and afghanastan..I personally do not care how much education they have/had or if their parents were rich or poor they served and as a military wife for 10 years i hold that as one of the most selfless things to devote your life to. Because I know how hard it is to live a military lifestyle. And I know what it is like to pack up your husband's bags,keep them at the front door, and wonder if he will get a phone call at any moment that would take him 1000's of miles away. I know what it is to send your husband off to work and wonder if he is going to get hurt on the flightline or god forbid killed. It is not an easy life at all. It is a culture all in its own.

What I hate the most, what boils my blood, is when people say "well he is GOVERNEMNT ISSUE that is his job"...like it makes things any better, any easier.

What data? Data shows Kerry is wrong. Here is the Heritage Study data for you.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...y/cda06-09.cfm

Old 11-03-2006, 06:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,471,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Well at least Bush wasn't a draft dodger like Clinton and Bush supports the troops where Kerry does not and that's more shameful than anything. He is just an opportunist that will walk all over anybody or anything to get what he
wants. He already married two women for money.

You are wrong and so is Kerry the military is not full of poor stupid kids. Their are plenty of smart educated people in the military and for him to say such a thing about our troops is irresponsible. There are many ways for poor kids to go to college in this country without joining the military. Can you get into an Ivy league school without money and modest grades no, but who can. Their are plenty of Grants out there for whoever wants them. You have to want to go.
Kerry was talking about BUSH, not the troops! Good God, some people can be beaten senseless with facts but still can't be knocked out

Bush isn't a draft dodger. He just got himself a plum spot in the Texas Air National Guard through Daddy's connections, then promptly just didn't show up. But at least he was snorting good coke while Kerry was in Vietnam.

And, tell me how Bush supports the troops. Is it by sending them into an unwinnable quagmire and keeping them there? Is it by sending them into an unwinnable quagmire without adequate armor and artillery?

Oh, that's right- he SAYS he supports the troops all the time. He supports the troops by manufacturing one slick slogan after another.

If dimissing me as a Bush hater is what makes you feel good, then have at it. And you're somewhat right, too- I don't like presidents who divide, foment hatred and discontent within his own country, start illegal wars, trample my Constitution and my rights, make me less safe, put us in record debt, and brag like he's actually doing something constructive when the fact is he's a colossal failure. I don't like colossal failures running my country.

I defy you to name something positive that he's accomplished during his time in office. I mean a real, tangible accomplishment as opposed to an opinion that he's "tough on terror" or something like that. Go ahead. I've got time.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Distraction by the Dems= Rush Limbaugh

BTW what do you have against gays?
She doesn't have anything against them as far as I can tell. She probably does have something against hypocrites, though.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Oh Bravo Whitney!!! That won't fly with the libs though. They are blinded by their hatred for Bush.
Then us "haters" should take a lesson from your "fair" commentary on Kerry, Gore, Clinton, and us "libs"...

Old 11-03-2006, 06:26 PM

Quote:
What data? Data shows Kerry is wrong. Here is the Heritage Study data for you.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...y/cda06-09.cfm
Heritage Study?

Come clean the coffee off my monitor, please...

Old 11-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Kerry was talking about BUSH, not the troops! Good God, some people can be beaten senseless with facts but still can't be knocked out

Bush isn't a draft dodger. He just got himself a plum spot in the Texas Air National Guard through Daddy's connections, then promptly just didn't show up. But at least he was snorting good coke while Kerry was in Vietnam.

And, tell me how Bush supports the troops. Is it by sending them into an unwinnable quagmire and keeping them there? Is it by sending them into an unwinnable quagmire without adequate armor and artillery?

Oh, that's right- he SAYS he supports the troops all the time. He supports the troops by manufacturing one slick slogan after another.

If dimissing me as a Bush hater is what makes you feel good, then have at it. And you're somewhat right, too- I don't like presidents who divide, foment hatred and discontent within his own country, start illegal wars, trample my Constitution and my rights, make me less safe, put us in record debt, and brag like he's actually doing something constructive when the fact is he's a colossal failure. I don't like colossal failures running my country.

I defy you to name something positive that he's accomplished during his time in office. I mean a real, tangible accomplishment as opposed to an opinion that he's "tough on terror" or something like that. Go ahead. I've got time.

We have a thriving economy thanks to the Bush tax cuts, we have the lowest unemployement rate, homeownership is at it highest ever, the dow is doing great.

Who said Bush didn't show for duty? Isn't that part of that whole phony document thing Dan Rather made up?

Why does Limbaugh get to be misquoted and we have to let this Kerry thing go? Kerry has a pattern of being anti-military. Who brings a video camera to VietNam to take pictures of himself and then shoots himself 3 times in a year to get purple hearts. This is his 4th.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,957,176 times
I think John Kerry is an idiot. When I listen to him talk and his subject meanders from left to right and back again to just off-center...I wonder who ever thought this man could lead a nation let alone be a senator. He's an idiot. I'm a Democrat and I wouldn't vote for him period, regardless of who he was campaigning against. I can't stand two-faced-pardon-my-friends-Whitewater-coverup Hillary Clinton either. Personally, I'd love to watch a reality show where **** Cheney is stripped of his illegal gains through no-bid contracts extracted from Halliburton in Iraq, Bush, Rumsfeld, both Clintons (the slimy amoral husband and amoral ruthless wife) and Ted Kennedy in his obese disgustingness are deposited on a desert Pacific island with cameras watching their every move. I'd watch religiously and enjoy every minute of it. I'd love to see the majority of Americans raise the middle finger to both corrupted parties and go independent in such a way as to break the stranglehold on this nation by both incompetent parties. I'd like to see Americans insist on accountability to the people, adherence to the Constitution, fund-raising given spending caps and the sources having to be provided by public funding instead of private cash donations with all the strings that come with those. Aw shucks, I'm dreaming again...someone wake me up.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM

328 posts, read 238,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't think Kerry has any intention of running again... And I think he did what he wanted to do: Put the Iraq War right back into the center of attention again.

Ain't it grand?

While Pubbies are waiting for him to apologize, the rest of America is going "Hey? What ARE we doing in Iraq?"

Ya'll got trumped but you weren't even smart enough to realize it!

I can't imagine why anyone would want to align with the Republican party. Beyond crooks and pedophiles, what else are they offering? Closet homosexuals? Lower taxes? Is this as in "Bob Jones wants to offer you lower taxes and would like to take your sons to their next boy scout retreat?"

Bwwwwhahahahahahaha!!!!

You got a bunch of sick suckers representing you and you don't even know it. That's the "smarts" behind the Republican party.
I think most people are aware of the fact that Republicans have some issues, but seriously, look at the alternatives?!? That's why I voted for Bush...I've become much more open-minded recently, however, I basically disagree with much more about the Democratic party than Republican. Now 50 years ago, I probably would have voted for the Democrats...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies