U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2006, 08:36 PM

1,330 posts, read 4,540,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I think that is one reason why there is so much antagonism between the two major parties; people are just stuck with "well, I'm a democrat so I'll vote democratic or I'm a republican so I'll vote republican, not even knowing if they agree with what these candidates think they want to accomplish while in office (if anything other than lining their pockets).
Well remember post 9/11 the nation was united, no party lines, noone could DARE question the administration or the policies??

That has been eroded by arrogance, stupid decisions, and a smear camplaign that GEORGE BUSH ran against KERRY in the 2004 election. In any other time in history someone who maligned a decorated war veteran would have been hung up and flogged for it.

My grandfather was a highly decorated soldier in WW2, he had regrets about what happened there and that was considered a JUST war. He had nightmares and PTSD about the many people he killed and things that happened in Italy. Now take Veitnam and the negative things associated with that war-and we are supposed to say that Kerry was wrong for regreting what happened over there? For speaking out against what was obviously wrongdoing on the part of other soldiers??? (Remember Abu Graib??? this was far worse) He is a human being for Christ sake! I don't hold those things against him at all. Nor do I put him on a pedistal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
What data? Data shows Kerry is wrong. Here is the Heritage Study data for you.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...y/cda06-09.cfm
Not grades, rich people getting killed in the military.

I lived the life as an enlisted wife....just about everyone who could leave for a higher paying job DID. Now that is job satisfaction right????

Last edited by winnie; 11-03-2006 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
MB, If you were presented with a 20 volume statistical analysis of hard data that showed the good things that Bush and the republicans have done, it would be totally discounted by you, so there is no use in even addressing it. Why bother. You hate Bush, we know that. You hate the republicans, we know that. End of story.
And if we did the same for Clinton you would toss it out a window as well and do some Clinton bashing.

We were in a LOT better shape 10 years ago then we are NOW.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:11 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,058,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I think John Kerry is an idiot. When I listen to him talk and his subject meanders from left to right and back again to just off-center...I wonder who ever thought this man could lead a nation let alone be a senator. He's an idiot. I'm a Democrat and I wouldn't vote for him period, regardless of who he was campaigning against. I can't stand two-faced-pardon-my-friends-Whitewater-coverup Hillary Clinton either. Personally, I'd love to watch a reality show where **** Cheney is stripped of his illegal gains through no-bid contracts extracted from Halliburton in Iraq, Bush, Rumsfeld, both Clintons (the slimy amoral husband and amoral ruthless wife) and Ted Kennedy in his obese disgustingness are deposited on a desert Pacific island with cameras watching their every move. I'd watch religiously and enjoy every minute of it. I'd love to see the majority of Americans raise the middle finger to both corrupted parties and go independent in such a way as to break the stranglehold on this nation by both incompetent parties. I'd like to see Americans insist on accountability to the people, adherence to the Constitution, fund-raising given spending caps and the sources having to be provided by public funding instead of private cash donations with all the strings that come with those. Aw shucks, I'm dreaming again...someone wake me up.
I like how you think.

A poster, maybe it was in this thread, drew the comparison of Democrats and Republicans to the Bloods and the Crips, and it is so, so true. Different sides of the same coin, when you cut through their bluster.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:19 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,393,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Well remember post 9/11 the nation was united, no party lines, noone could DARE question the administration or the policies??

That has been eroded by arrogance, stupid decisions, and a smear camplaign that GEORGE BUSH ran against KERRY in the 2004 election. In any other time in history someone who maligned a decorated war veteran would have been hung up and flogged for it.

My grandfather was a highly decorated soldier in WW2, he had regrets about what happened there and that was considered a JUST war. He had nightmares and PTSD about the many people he killed and things that happened in Italy. Now take Veitnam and the negative things associated with that war-and we are supposed to say that Kerry was wrong for regreting what happened over there? For speaking out against what was obviously wrongdoing on the part of other soldiers??? (Remember Abu Graib??? this was far worse) He is a human being for Christ sake! I don't hold those things against him at all. Nor do I put him on a pedistal.
Winnie, I agree with everything you post. Bush's campaign against Kerry was disgraceful. My father fought in WWII and participated in the D-Day invasion. My brother served two tours of duty in Vietnam, and he is very much against this war in Iraq. Bush must be schitzophrenic (spelling ) he is constantly contradicting himself. How could he have run such a nasty campaign against a war veteran but say he 'supports the troops'? He created a department of homeland security but our borders are being overrun by who knows who? He keeps saying he listens to his generals in Iraq, well he may be listening but he's not acting on their advice. The generals who didn't say what he wanted to hear are gone now, have you noticed? But he's just saying he listens so he can blame them instead of himself when this all blows up in his face. So transparent!

Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,790,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post

It was the people he served with that came out against him and told us who he really was in 2004. Just because you served in the military doesn't mean you can't be criticized when you are wrong. He's speaking about and slandering the American troops and that is wrong. Abu Graib? Ok so we put a lease on the prisoners and had a dog bark at him, we stripped them naked and took pictures, excuse me we are getting our heads cut off. What about that?

Liberalism is a disorder.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
She doesn't have anything against them as far as I can tell. She probably does have something against hypocrites, though.

Well there you go John Kerry fits that bill too doesn't he? A big fake and phony.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Winnie, I agree with everything you post. Bush's campaign against Kerry was disgraceful. My father fought in WWII and participated in the D-Day invasion. My brother served two tours of duty in Vietnam, and he is very much against this war in Iraq. Bush must be schitzophrenic (spelling ) he is constantly contradicting himself. How could he have run such a nasty campaign against a war veteran but say he 'supports the troops'? He created a department of homeland security but our borders are being overrun by who knows who? He keeps saying he listens to his generals in Iraq, well he may be listening but he's not acting on their advice. The generals who didn't say what he wanted to hear are gone now, have you noticed? But he's just saying he listens so he can blame them instead of himself when this all blows up in his face. So transparent!

Bush the flip flopper? Bush ran a nasty campaign? Nope it was the people he served with up close and personal that let us know what a coward low life he was.

I doubt you want Bush to close our borders your talking points are amnesty and you are in sync with this President. This is one of the areas I part company with him.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
He stands for pedastery, covering for said pedastery, compromising national security for partisan propaganda, creating illegal wars that serve no national interest, torture, invasion of privacy, harboring closeted gays who are busy making policies that make gay's lives miserable, and debasing public discourse to the point where intellectual honesty is as rare as the unicorn.

And I don't agree

What is illegal about this war? It was voted on. At least with this President we have something called National Security, no thanks to the Clinton administrations wall they put up. Torture? When are we gonna start torturing? Oh I see you are for the terrorist bill of rights. So you are against the Patriot Act and the wire taps?

Talk about closet gays what about Mcgreedy and his boyfriend who was suppose to be in charge of homeland security.

Intellectual honesty? I haven't heard an independant thought from you yet that I haven't heard all the Networks say word for word. Give me one independant thought and not something from CNN or Air America or are tax funded NPR.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:38 PM

My grandfather was a prisoner of war WW1 and my father served in WW2 and my brother in vietnam was drafted in vietnam, ok what does this have to do with John Kerry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies