Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 PM

454 posts, read 906,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
I do not think KERRY is fool to call the people who are fighting WAR uneducated. We all make errors,
Here is the rub in my opinion. If Kerry had in the past been a supporter of the military and he made this statement, then it would have gone away in a day. The issue for most I think is that he has shown, stated, and made it clear that he does not like the military and has not since 'Nam. So to hear him repeat an anti-war cry from back in the 60's and 70's, to hear the dems continually try to tie Iraq and 'Nam... well, connect the dots. It not hard to do.

I am not saying that Kerry did this intentionally to see if that 'Nam argument would fly, but for me the statement immediately brought my thoughts back to that old argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
With less than a week left to go before we decide on which criminals we're going to let touch the money, it would make the news if a politician broke wind in an elevator.
I agree that the "oposing party" would make as much of it as they could, but when common sense American's, even those on the "other side" see that it's a dead end, there is no steam behind it. You saw this on a regular basis in the last Prez election when one party in perticular lobbed trial balloon after trial balloon looking for anything that stuck. It didn't.

However, once the swift boat vets made their pitch... it stuck. why? A history of behavior from Kerry that put meat behind the acusations.

So, why would ANYBODY with common sense get within a mile of the topic that they are weakest in, even in making a "joke"... arrogance comes to my mind.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 PM

148 posts, read 951,181 times
Default Forget John Kerry

This election should not be about John Kerry. The Republicans will try to make John Kerry an issue, because John Kerry is a distraction from the real issues facing this country. Blame everything on Bill Clinton. That worked for a while. Blame everything on someone else. Don't own up to your own mistakes. Now, the Republicans will blame everything on John Kerry. Sure! If the electorate is that gullible, we're in very sad shape. Of course, we're in sad shape with George W. Bush as our president.

Same-sex marriage should not be an issue. Iraq--yes! Same-sex marriage--no! President Bush is either bisexual or homosexual. Kitty Kelley asserted in her book that George W. Bush swings both ways.

Has George W. Bush sued Kitty Kelley? No! If I wasn't homosexual/bisexual, and someone was asserting that I was, I would be taking them to court. Why hasn't Bush sued Kitty Kelley? You tell me? It's not because he doesn't have the money. It's because her assertion was absolutely, positvely correct. She was right on the money. An aging male prostitute has slept at the White House numerous times. Why is this hooker sleeping at the White House? You tell me? Other people have asserted Bush's same-sex orientation. Lips was Bush's nickname in college.

Our country is being run by homophobic homosexuals. They play the homosexual card when they, themselves, are homosexual.

History tends to repeat itself. J. Edgar Hoover, McCarthy, and Roy Cohn were choir boys compared to the incompetent, unethical, morally-corrupt, and power-grabbing scoundrels running our country now.

George W. Bush should be the person apologizing.

Z

Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,449,860 times
Got news for you ALL. Neither Clinton nor Kerry are calling the shots, so why persist in this discourse? I understand buyer's remorse, but ya'll have taken it to a new level. Whew!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:25 PM

311 posts, read 618,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
This election should not be about John Kerry. The Republicans will try to make John Kerry an issue, because John Kerry is a distraction from the real issues facing this country. Blame everything on Bill Clinton. That worked for a while. Blame everything on someone else. Don't own up to your own mistakes. Now, the Republicans will blame everything on John Kerry. Sure! If the electorate is that gullible, we're in very sad shape. Of course, we're in sad shape with George W. Bush as our president.

Same-sex marriage should not be an issue. Iraq--yes! Same-sex marriage--no! President Bush is either bisexual or homosexual. Kitty Kelley asserted in her book that George W. Bush swings both ways.

Has George W. Bush sued Kitty Kelley? No! If I wasn't homosexual/bisexual, and someone was asserting that I was, I would be taking them to court. Why hasn't Bush sued Kitty Kelley? You tell me? It's not because he doesn't have the money. It's because her assertion was absolutely, positvely correct. She was right on the money. An aging male prostitute has slept at the White House numerous times. Why is this hooker sleeping at the White House? You tell me? Other people have asserted Bush's same-sex orientation. Lips was Bush's nickname in college.

Our country is being run by homophobic homosexuals. They play the homosexual card when they, themselves, are homosexual.

History tends to repeat itself. J. Edgar Hoover, McCarthy, and Roy Cohn were choir boys compared to the incompetent, unethical, morally-corrupt, and power-grabbing scoundrels running our country now.

Z

And we are to believe Kitty Kelley??

Old 11-02-2006, 09:36 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,481,559 times
Quote:

Z
Is it me, or does the Republican party seem to be the place where self-loathing closet cases go when they can't deal with the reality of who they are? I wish they would stop poisoning this country with their issues.

It'll also be interesting to see how long the legs on this Haggard story run

Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 PM

Quote:
President Bush is either bisexual or homosexual. Kitty Kelley asserted in her book that George W. Bush swings both ways.

Has George W. Bush sued Kitty Kelley? No! If I wasn't homosexual/bisexual, and someone was asserting that I was, I would be taking them to court. Why hasn't Bush sued Kitty Kelley? You tell me?
There is nothing in this post that is worth responding to except this.

If George Bush sued everybody who made stupid idiotic claims like this against him, the courts would be full for years. Sigh.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Is it me, or does the Republican party seem to be the place where self-loathing closet cases go when they can't deal with the reality of who they are? I wish they would stop poisoning this country with their issues.

It'll also be interesting to see how long the legs on this Haggard story run
Yes mb, it's just you, and all the other Bush haters and conspiracist out there.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:27 AM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
That was proven wrong the day after Kerry stuck his silver foot past his gums. The education level of the troops is several percentage points higher than the average high school graduate.
If you do not do well on the ASFAB scores you are going to probably wind up in Iraq, carrying a gun if you join Army. If you do well, they will try to put you in computers, maintaining aircraft, and the like...it is one test you want to be on your best game for. Because it determines how good of a job you get and where you are going to work..

The Army now takes high school dropouts and people convicted of crimes (not sure what class tho) and all this is because they cannot RECRUIT and RETAIN people! Why do you think that is????? And why do you think the Air Force won't take those people?? Because they do not have the retention issues the Army has.

If you have ever lived the life of an active duty wife you would understand that for many nowadays the decision to enlist was made to support a family, to get a job and to get a college degree. And once people get on their feet, they leave! We had 30 people leave in one shop, one career field in less than one year. These were people that probably cost 100K each to train. And were offered up to 50K to reenlist and told the AF to go pound salt.

You know, you can get statisticians to prove just about any point under the sun..I don't know what or who to believe about that subject..

But the bottom line here is it was a botched speech that was aimed at Bush. And BUSH knew it and spun it right around like Kerry was bashing the military and not him. Ain't politics beautiful??? (Bet Cheney came up with that one)

Old 11-03-2006, 01:35 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
If Kerry had in the past been a supporter of the military and he made this statement, then it would have gone away in a day.
Kerry actually served in the military. How much more of a supporter of the military can you be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies