Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:03 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I could probably list 6000 stories a day concerning child abuse here.
yet it's against the law, you will go to jail and lose your job.

another apologist for the peaceful ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 07:07 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
This has what to do with Islam?

It's called corporal punishment, and is very common in the United States.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:11 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
This has what to do with Islam?

It's called corporal punishment, and is very common in the United States.
Very true.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:17 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
We blame Hitler for the atrocities HE and His regime committed. And blame Muslim Savagery on those people committing these heinous acts. Forget history and let's focus on the present. And the present situation is dire to say the least.
You just avoided my question, I never talked about REGIMES !
I said, should we blame all the CHRISTIANS for Hitler atrocities ? and we never did so my question now is : why should we blame islam for the acts of some ugly people !

I never forget history and nobody can, history is here to stay, to serve as a reminder of the past mistakes and lessons to learn from.
You can't focus on the present if you have no history knowledge.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:18 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Abusing an almost-newborn as discipline and calling it normal? OK, Muslim defenders... chime in as we all learn to cherish the diversity.

LiveLeak.com - Online Outrage as a Father "Disciplines" his Baby Daughter
Any of you who think it's OK to mete out "corporal punishment" upon a baby are as sick as these parents are, and know nothing about child development or how to nurture and aid that child's mental and physical growth in wholesome and healthy ways with respect to each stage of that development. Beating a child who is not capable of understanding is cruel and ignorant no matter what race, religion, ethnicity, or culture you belong to. There is NO excuse for physical beatings/abuse ever, no matter whether it's a child or an adult.

I have a few more choice words for those who defend this action, and for parents who would do this, but I'll leave them unsaid.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
yet it's against the law, you will go to jail and lose your job.

another apologist for the peaceful ones
What's the point in bringing it up? To excuse our killing them? Is that what you call peaceful?

Old 10-10-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Any of you who think it's OK to mete out "corporal punishment" upon a baby are as sick as these parents are, and know nothing about child development or how to nurture and aid that child's mental and physical growth in wholesome and healthy ways with respect to each stage of that development. Beating a child who is not capable of understanding is cruel and ignorant no matter what race, religion, ethnicity, or culture you belong to. There is NO excuse for physical beatings/abuse ever, no matter whether it's a child or an adult.
There is nothing wrong with corporal punishment. While I definitely wouldn't support using it on children that young (although the child in the video is clearly older than "a few months" as the website stupidly estimates), it is not unknown in the United States.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
We blame Hitler for the atrocities HE and His regime committed. And blame Muslim Savagery on those people committing these heinous acts.
Do you have any statistics corroborating the idea that corporal punishment of infants is more common in KSA than in the US?

Of course you don't. Just a stockpile of racist cliches.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:58 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with corporal punishment. While I definitely wouldn't support using it on children that young (although the child in the video is clearly older than "a few months" as the website stupidly estimates), it is not unknown in the United States.
That baby looks like about 8 weeks to me.

That is not what one would consider "corporal punishment" in the US, and mainstream America will not tolerate it. We also do not tolerate what the Pearl devotees do.

The question is whether Islam teaches "disciplining" an infant like that.

Not here:

Chapter 11: Raising Children | From Marriage to Parenthood The Heavenly Path | Books on Islam and Muslims | Al-Islam.org

Old 10-10-2014, 08:06 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I have a problem with corporal punishment. It teaches children that as long as you're bigger, it's acceptable to hit others.
It's not OK to tell a child "Don't hit your sister!", and then hit him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies