Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,877,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm not angry. I'm amused. I come here to be amused and you folks never let me down.
Oh you are so very angry and you rebuttal indicates that. I hope some day we as a country has learned what would the correct action going forward.

Solid Policy reviews are always good and we all need to be objective to the results, no matter which party is in perceived power . No matter what and how the facts come out thru future reviews. Believe it or not those Professional Public servants in Washington DC work for the US Tax Payer.:eek :

Think about???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Every thing you just posted as a recommendation is after the fact. Hindsight is 20-20 and that's all you got. where were the republicans with their plan when it was going down?
All they ever recommended was to let the entire auto industry fail and go bankrupt, putting an additional 1.2 million employees out of work, due to the shutdown of the suppliers and vendors, of the auto industry. That course of action was unacceptable for the economy and the nation.
Other than recommending total failure of the entire industry, the republicans did nothing else but obstruct, obstruct, obstruct, at the time.
As I said, After the fact, Republicans are really good with having the right solutions or telling Obama all he did wrong.
See you just Reversed my word to fit your rebuttal and you just blames the other guy! Amazing Politics is has got to this insane level of deflection!

You have add zero to your argument and If I was you would retire from this Debate. While you still behind!

Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,648,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
See you just Reversed my word to fit your rebuttal and you just blames the other guy! Amazing Politics is has got to this insane level of deflection!

You have add zero to your argument and If I was you would retire from this Debate. While you still behind!
Good advice. Leave it to the Obama hating ranters.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,877,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why not.
If they were importing foreign made parts... they are going to cost a little more than domestic made parts.

Foreign owned companies doing business here and making profit off of Americans, would be taxed higher than an American owned and run company. My fellow American first and foremost.
Ford and GM only. The rest would be up a creek and, word is that MOST "Japanese" cars are built here in the US. Too; many parts are imported by all car makers, so that might get weird deciding who gets taxed and who doesn't. Either the Honda Civic or the Toyota Camry will skate in parts content but, the Chevy Impala, no. Because it's built in Canada.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:31 PM

18,800 posts, read 8,438,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So violating free market principles to save jobs is ok if the transgressor is a Republican?

Well, at least you admit it.
Except in war tariffs are never good.

As a result of the early '80's tariff on big Japp bikes, it cost me 100's of dollars more for my GoldWing. And Japp bike dealers businesses all went south while Gov't provided preferential treatment to Hardley.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,035,356 times
Quote:
As I said, After the fact, Republicans are really good with having the right solutions or telling Obama all he did wrong.
You failed again.

I know Obama likes to take credit for bailing out GM but it was Bush that passed TARP giving money to them.

I oppsed this bailout regardless of who the President was while you flip flop..

Obama did it, yes you think its good
Bush did it, very very bad..

The complete ignorance comes into play when you credit Obama for things he had nothing to do with..

Old 10-11-2014, 03:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,776,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
EXCUSE ME....

wasn't it Bush who was president during the initial TARP cluster??

Good grief. Do you blame Obama when you're constipated?
bush signed the initial tarp charlie foxtrot, but it was obama that got him to release funds from tarp to give to GM and chrysler. also note that when GM and chrysler filed for bankruptcy reorganization, obama stepped and stole both companies, and screwed investors, with a "prepackaged" bankruptcy deal that was forced through the courts. obama then turned around and GAVE big percentages of both companies to the unions, and then gave fiat a large stake in chrysler. in the end however obamas actions cost the taxpayers several billion dollars in tax money, and the rightful owners of GM and chrylser billions as well in stolen stocks and bonds.

so yes i blame obama for the charlie foxtrot that was the GM and chrysler bankruptcy.

and remember this, ford bailed themselves out, and fixed their own company.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Good advice. Leave it to the Obama hating ranters.
No sir, We will not let Obama and the loyal following destroy this country miss information in the hopes of rewriting history of a failed policy. That means counter your points with facts.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:17 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,648,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
No sir, We will not let Obama and the loyal following destroy this country miss information in the hopes of rewriting history of a failed policy. That means counter your points with facts.
You countered my facts with the usual Republican bumpersticker sloganeering. There is no meat in the political **** sandwich you're peddling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies