Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:57 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

I think some people are confused.

"Obama administration officials told the AP that Americans will not be able to find out if their health insurance premiums are going up "until the second week of November," which conveniently falls after Americans will go to the polls November 4th."

I believe in this instance O is referring to Medicare costs.

On page 14 of the 2015 Medicare book sent to participants it CLEARLY states that rates ARE not AVAILABLE AND YOU SHOULD CALL their 800 number.

If you call you will be told that they do NOT have the rates.

You can jump to any conclusion you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 10:07 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this is standard insurance industry practice, folks.

Like I keep telling people, most insurance companies are run but Republicans. Obama has so much less to do with it than anyone realizes....

But i guess if you still need to be angry over the ACA, this is as good a made-up cause as any.

*sigh*
No, it's not standard practice. You find out any changes to your policy during open enrollment, including rate changes. Most of the time that's during October, but for Ocare it's November. Hmmmm......

Old 10-12-2014, 10:21 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,927 times
Obama gib me a free obamaphone and he pay for my healthcare from the obama stash...lol

Old 10-12-2014, 11:11 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Imagine if this is an indication of things to take place nation wide

Proposed prices for health plans in 2015 unveiled | The Miami Herald

Premiums for plans sold on the Affordable Care Act exchange next year will increase by an average of 13.2 percent.
AIDs patients.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:13 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
What rates!?!

Before signing OC into law Obama, Reid, Pelosi and her ilk said that Healthcare is a right!

So if it's a right which means at no additional out of pocket cost other than they print more money, I demand that I get this utopia they promised me and all Americans.

Also Michelle Obama said that we should be eating healthy food (except for her and her husband), okay may as well put that into that utopia package. So Green Beens, Lettuce, Fruits and whatever the heck you want should be demanded by your Congress rep as it's our right.

OC is the POTUS excuse as a parachute to his current and future new voters coming across the border illegally probably soon to be granted amnesty.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
Raise your hands if you are surprised.

Anyone?

Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Gee, I enrolled through the ACA and I got a letter two weeks ago informing me what my premium will be in 2015. I guess my insurance company didn't get the memo. Ironically, I didn't get my voter's pamphlet until yesterday.
How much of your premiums are you paying?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but this is standard insurance industry practice, folks.

Like I keep telling people, most insurance companies are run but Republicans. Obama has so much less to do with it than anyone realizes....

But i guess if you still need to be angry over the ACA, this is as good a made-up cause as any.

*sigh*

Good luck selling that line of crap.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:50 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
The key factor in Obamacare was getting rid of the idiotic pre-existing condition ban, so that hardworking entrepreneurial Americans can buy insurance on the same footing as government and corporate employees.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Except that traditional plans announce renewal rates now. Mine, for example, will rise 8.3% on January 1. When I ran the company, we typically got the renewal rates from Kaiser in the first week of October.
Yes, we were just notified of the similar increases in our contribution to the premiums and the annual maximum by my employer. They are maintaining their same contribution amounts, but passing on the increases to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies