Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:43 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times

Advertisements

It's amusing that you feel the need to post multiple replies to one of my post. Just to make myself clear, my issue is, first, that law enforcement is above the law, unaccountable and investigates themselves. Secondly, law enforcement is assaulting, raping and killing totally INNOCENT Americans on a regular basis! And people like you excuse that! It's bad enough that they become judge, jury and executioner of yet-to-be-tried citizens, but to attack innocent Americans is beyond the pale! Then they lie, cover for each other, and whatever it takes to protect their comrades!

I have a nephew that is a cop. I refuse to even talk to him. It takes a sociopathic piece of filth to be a cop these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
sorry but your attitude is sorely amiss and evident....and lacks anything even remotely resembling logic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
It's amusing that you feel the need to post multiple replies to one of my post. Just to make myself clear, my issue is, first, that law enforcement is above the law, unaccountable and investigates themselves. Secondly, law enforcement is assaulting, raping and killing totally INNOCENT Americans on a regular basis! And people like you excuse that! It's bad enough that they become judge, jury and executioner of yet-to-be-tried citizens, but to attack innocent Americans is beyond the pale! Then they lie, cover for each other, and whatever it takes to protect their comrades!

I have a nephew that is a cop. I refuse to even talk to him. It takes a sociopathic piece of filth to be a cop these days!
and you constantly say the same thing over and over and over again, but the key words are law enforcement! You mean to tell me, you actually believe that ALL of Law Enforcement is above the law, unaccountable, rapes, and kills?

My God, you are just unable to grasp how ridiculous you sound and is beyond amusing! Literally hysterically funny.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-14-2014 at 10:56 AM..

Old 10-14-2014, 10:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Are their bad cops...hell yeah....Ferguson obviously showed that.

But most are not that way at all...

I do think it should become mandatory for every Police Officer to wear on uniform cameras now...and have them on at all times while on duty...then you will know exactly what each officer faces...and then it will be cut and dry if a shooting is justified or not.
See, that's the rub as those cameras have to be turned on and off. They have to pay for storing that video, and it is quite expensive, so there won't be non-stop recording 24/7 of what EVERY cop does day to day. That's decades away, if ever.

They'll leave gaps in their own surveillance because it protects them.

P.S. I think the grand jury will probably elect not to charge the officer in Ferguson. Regardless of how it gets spun, the dude attacked the officer violently after robbing a store. He was a violent thug, not the sweet little teddy bear his mom claimed him to be.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q123 View Post
He was killed because he impulsively decided that the best course of action was to jump Zimmerman and pound his head into the pavement repeatedly. There were plenty of photographs, forensic evidence, and eye witness accounts to back this up.

But the liberal defense for this is that Zimmerman, as a neighborhood watch volunteer, had no business stopping and questioning someone who looked suspicious, cutting through yards? So somehow he deserved to be physically assaulted and beaten to death? You're right, that if police were to switch to plain clothes, cases like this would only get worse, and then liberals would blame the police for not properly identifying themselves.
True teenagers do stupid things, in his case it got him killed. Correct he had no business stopping or questioning anyone he has not legal rights to do so and should have not even been there because the Police told him to stop following the kid. The evidence does not match what I know about such incidents that kid must have been awfully weak from what I saw. Water under the bridge.
Actually I agree with your original reply in that everyone being plain clothes would create even more problems.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
See, that's the rub as those cameras have to be turned on and off. They have to pay for storing that video, and it is quite expensive, so there won't be non-stop recording 24/7 of what EVERY cop does day to day. That's decades away, if ever.

They'll leave gaps in their own surveillance because it protects them.

P.S. I think the grand jury will probably elect not to charge the officer in Ferguson. Regardless of how it gets spun, the dude attacked the officer violently after robbing a store. He was a violent thug, not the sweet little teddy bear his mom claimed him to be.
The Grand Jury is a government advocate.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Speaking of sociopathic pieces of filth, and lets not forget to throw in some racism to round out the full personality. Those that cheer on cop killers and attack people based simply on their color have no room to critic others when it comes to morals or the ability to think rationally.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:19 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:

yanno, I sit here and read this and all I can do is shake my head....it is so hard for me to believe that human beings can actually rationalize like this, and I feel very sorry for you. What you accuse and point fingers at, you are....did you know that...seriously, you need to get counseling.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:23 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, let's change the timeline then and it would still be accurate..

In the last year, Police have killed more innocent lives in the USA, than ISIS or EBOLA.

You didn't think that through.... The trap was set and you fell right in.

The Police State is more of a danger to the people of the USA, than ISIS or EBOLA.
The statistics are there to make the point.
Just because Mellisa Harris Perry is a MSNBC personality, doesn't mean she is always wrong.

Don't know about you, but they are not a danger to me. I obey the law. If I ever get pulled over, I am respectful and provide the information that the officer requests, because I have nothing to hide.

Wonder why they are a danger to some people????

Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Don't know about you, but they are not a danger to me. I obey the law. If I ever get pulled over, I am respectful and provide the information that the officer requests, because I have nothing to hide.

Wonder why they are a danger to some people????
Because they try using the same attitude they display here with police officers and get in trouble, my guess is a few of them here have had more than one brush with the law and lost, hence their "attitude".

Old 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
2012 through 2014 Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities

October 14, 2014 vs. October 14, 2013

2013 % Change
Total Fatalities 91 78 +17%
Firearms-related 39 24 +63%
Traffic-related 32 32 0%
Other Causes 20 22 -9%

According to statistics collected by the FBI, 95 law enforcement officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents in 2012. Of these, 48 law enforcement officers died as a result of felonious acts, and 47 officers died in accidents.

US Police Have Killed Over 5,000 Civilians Since 9/11

Here is a very important link on Police Misconduct. It's a serious problem and more than a few officers.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/?p=4053

Last edited by phma; 10-14-2014 at 03:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies