Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 03:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This argument makes no sense. It is lacking in dimension. Reality is not cartoon, 2D.

Everyone participates in commerce.(I didn't see a claim of evil either)

Because these big banks (8 holding companies, especially) own a great deal, people are dealing with them in some fashion whether they like it or not. Many would be surprised at who owns what behind the veil.

http://www.relbanks.com/top-us-banks/assets

Revealed: The Capitalist Network that runs the world. New ...

quote:
"In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

2e already said he chooses to prioritize his customers needs, but has a preference. Nothing wrong with looking at a system, criticizing, questioning and discussing it. This is part of the process.

This isn't a 6 degrees kind of thing, it's very direct in her case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It is the core of the system model. The direct way 2e dealt with it was explained. Customer first, then personal preference.

BTW 6 degrees is applied to people not corporations.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:27 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
This argument makes no sense. It is lacking in dimension. Reality is not cartoon, 2D.

Because these big banks (8 holding companies, especially) own a great deal, people are dealing with them in some fashion whether they like it or not. Many would be surprised at who owns what behind the veil.

quote:
"In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

2e already said he chooses to prioritize his customers needs, but has a preference. Nothing wrong with looking at a system, criticizing, questioning and discussing it. This is part of the process.
Exactly-well said. Some posters will cling to their beliefs no matter what data is presented to them.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:28 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Not sure why you keep assigning gender to me without knowing who I am (could it be that pettiness creeping up?) but I am a man. You have so many fails on this thread...

Quote:
Most real estate professionals are Sole Proprietor. Ask the IRS.
Yes, this is correct although earnings are typically split with a broker. Either way it's odd how some choose to make this so personal. I guess "shoot the messenger" is the argument of last resort...

Old 10-27-2014, 04:52 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Not sure why you keep assigning gender to me without knowing who I am (could it be that pettiness creeping up?) but I am a man. You have so many fails on this thread...

Yes, this is correct although earnings are typically split with a broker. Either way it's odd how some choose to make this so personal. I guess "shoot the messenger" is the argument of last resort...
It is simpler than that from what I have observed. Someone once asked why people post on CD. (iirc)The responses were interesting. Seems to be 2 categories.

1.The topical debate approach. ie. who is right or wrong (very polarized limited dimensional thinking in my view) This can often present as a classic throw-down. (lol)

2. Topic discussion and learning.

Good discussions with good data are beneficial in my view in understanding and attempting to draw any kind of conclusions. There are many eyes, ears, minds, experiences and perspectives that can be utilized for everyone's benefit. Also a lot more fun. Seems a win-win to me.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:18 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Wells Fargo Employee Emails CEO Asking For a Raise

I think the employee argues a strong case-the cost of a $10,000 raise to every employee is pocket change to this Corporation-that has been seeing record profits. If the employees do not contribute to the well-being and success of a company then why would they even be hired? Employees ARE the Company and should see a share in it's success!

"With the increasing focus on income inequality in the United States. Wells Fargo has an opportunity to be at the forefront of helping to reduce this by setting the bar, leading by example, and showing the other large corporations that it is very possible to maintain a profitable company that not only looks out for its consumers and shareholders, but its employees as well.

This year Wells Fargo in its second quarter alone had a net income of $5.7 billion, and total revenue of $21.1 billion. These are very impressive numbers, and is obvious evidence that Wells Fargo is one of, if not the most profitable company in the nation right now. So, why not take some of this and distribute it to the rest of the employees."
Why don't you start a petition on change.org to get higher salaries for Wells Fargo employees?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:49 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Good for him for standing up for what he believes in!

I'd like to see more of such unity. More "all for one" and less "out for myself."

Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Most real estate professionals are Sole Proprietor. Ask the IRS.
Yes I know, I pretty much said this when I said they work for free.

They run working often times for free, by their own choice, then whine that others arent making enough hourly, the hypocracy is astounding.
Quote:

quote:

If you tell others not to partake in that commerce and you do it, and you insist others get a higher hourly wage because they need to be taken care of and "entitled to it", but hold a job where there is no hourly wage and often times the work for free, their a hypocrite.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
So only poor people can complain about the state of our economy?

That's like saying only those that couldn't swim should have been worried while The Titanic was sinking-so ridiculously myopic.
This thread isnt a complain about the economy thread.

its about how some employee thinks their entitled to have their hourly wage raised simply because their employer is profitable.

Are you going to demand your hourly wage be raised from ZERO? Since the real estate industry is beginning a recovery i'm sure their profitable.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Why don't you start a petition on change.org to get higher salaries for Wells Fargo employees?
I think as a realtor, they should start a petition to start getting a salary for themself in order to not be hypocritical.

the irony of someone who makes $0 per hour, whining that others dont make enough hourly isnt lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies