Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Make it Navy Day to celebrate the birth of the US Navy on October 13, 1775.
Go Army

Old 10-13-2014, 02:07 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Listen

We have MANY other people in history who were questionable people and that doesn't only include WHITE men or people from Europe.

The so called tribes that lived there do you think they didn't fight with the other tribes and kill each other. I find these liberals who love to show the HISTORY of which characters to attack very one sided. The so called natives people as they call them some how are so INNOCENT and just wonderful men and women living in harmony with each other.

Since columbus day is a holiday to celebrate "EUROPE" finding America and the expansion of human society. I can assure you we would not all be talking right now if AMERICA was never found and the natives were still running the show.

While we are speaking of holidays let me know how is it a black nationalist, violence party in 1965 created KWANZAA and they call it a holiday to REPLACE Christmas. Notice they could even come up with their own ideas and was created as a BLACK POWER holiday and is now taught in schools to children who are non black. Makes no sense.

While stuipd white children are singing forced KWANZAA songs... Liberals who waste time talking about getting rid of holidays, along with the many other AMERICAN and or christian holidays they wish to remove from history.

Because who ever controls the future controls the past right?

Old 10-13-2014, 02:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Listen

We have MANY other people in history who were questionable people and that doesn't only include WHITE men or people from Europe.

The so called tribes that lived there do you think they didn't fight with the other tribes and kill each other. I find these liberals who love to show the HISTORY of which characters to attack very one sided. The so called natives people as they call them some how are so INNOCENT and just wonderful men and women living in harmony with each other.

Since columbus day is a holiday to celebrate "EUROPE" finding America and the expansion of human society. I can assure you we would not all be talking right now if AMERICA was never found and the natives were still running the show.

While we are speaking of holidays let me know how is it a black nationalist, violence party in 1965 created KWANZAA and they call it a holiday to REPLACE Christmas. Notice they could even come up with their own ideas and was created as a BLACK POWER holiday and is now taught in schools to children who are non black. Makes no sense.

While stuipd white children are singing forced KWANZAA songs... Liberals who waste time talking about getting rid of holidays, along with the many other AMERICAN and or christian holidays they wish to remove from history.

Yeah, because human society obviously would have never advanced if people didn't live in the western hemisphere . I always love it when people bring out the old chestnut of "Lots of other people were terrible as well." Well, no ****. That doesn't mean you automatically should gloss over the terrible deeds of someone, just because another group was just as awful.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:14 PM

240 posts, read 239,664 times
Default I agree Chris From CHicago

100% it is a sick Holiday

Old 10-13-2014, 02:21 PM

542 posts, read 691,599 times
I like the quote in the first post, along the lines, "Columbus discovered the New World in the same way a meteorite discovered the dinosaurs." Pretty accurate imagery. I'd known that "discovering the New World" wasn't all happy fluff, but I hadn't realized quite how awful Columbus was.

Of course, there is evidence that natives crossing the land bridge and populating the continent over 10,000 years ago could have contributed to the devastation of the native ecology here. Has there ever been a meeting of cultures/new land where one side didn't end up gravely changed, injured, or dead? Now I know why aliens-destroying-earth is such a popular mythology in science fiction movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Listen

Getting off topic, but Christmas was invented to supplant the pagan rituals that preceded it.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Sounds like Columbus might have felt at home with ISIS.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Its all about anti-Italianism.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago
I mean God, its like having a Hitler holiday
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! How possibly can you draw such a comparison?
It's easy! They refuse to compare Hitler to modern day totalitarian fascists when the right bring it up, but the comparison is fair game to Columbus?

Priorities are spun, and common sense has been lost.

What Columbus did to the Indians was attrocious true, but the risk he took and wealth he unlocked brought the world out of the dark ages. Other than that, everyone always wants to pick on the Jews and the Italians. The Spanish, and especially the Pizzaro brothers, made Columbus look like a school boy when it came to attrocities.

I'd say that Ebola, the CDC mishandling of it, ISIS, race relations, government corruption, all the other scandals going on... we have far more important things to concentrate on at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Its all about anti-Italianism.
YES, it is! I'm 6th generation American of Italian descent. My GGGrandfather went through hell as an Italian immigrant, and it got even worse during WWI. His business in NYC was burned out by roving mobs. Only the Chinese, Blacks and Irish were treated as bad.

What'll be next? Ban St Pattys day for some trumped up outrage?

Last edited by steven_h; 10-13-2014 at 02:37 PM..

Old 10-13-2014, 02:34 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, because human society obviously would have never advanced if people didn't live in the western hemisphere . I always love it when people bring out the old chestnut of "Lots of other people were terrible as well." Well, no ****. That doesn't mean you automatically should gloss over the terrible deeds of someone, just because another group was just as awful.
Sounds like a lot of self-hating. Correctly speaking, there is no evidence civilizations of other continents were advancing the way the Europeans were. If Africa and the West were never chartered by the Europeans they would probably be very similar today, as they were 2000 years ago. It's a tough pill to swallow, so the only means of defense is to discredit European heritage.

The British at one time occupied colonies in every time zone in the world not filled with water, it was because they were that far advanced. Now, Hong Kong, once British occupied, is crying for the western influence they lost, too bad.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:39 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Woohooo!! Another thing to be offended by!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies