Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,970,611 times

Advertisements

An update on our 'possible' Charleston case. It turns out this was a soldier returning from West Africa. He was transported to MUSC because they are equipped to handle it better since they had already set up isolation facilities, etc. He is very, very low risk as he only spent a few hours in country. My guess? He's just sick.

MUSC: Ebola protocol enacted, patient "low risk" - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 AM

36,974 posts, read 40,955,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The blowback from spray? Sound similar to the NBC camera man's hypothesis, regarding disinfecting.
I don't know. In the interview with her that I read, she just said she helped remove PPE. Previously all that had been said was that she had not been involved in direct patient care, but if she was near contaminated gear that could do it.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:03 AM

38,979 posts, read 50,923,768 times
It's safe to travel to Texas again. The last of the Ebola quarantines ended today. On the other hand, who knows what lurks beneath?

Old 11-07-2014, 01:35 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,259,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
True. However, 357 people now being monitored for Ebola in New York - LA Times

I guess all the news agencies aren't listening to the "czar".

Old 11-07-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
True. However, 357 people now being monitored for Ebola in New York - LA Times

I guess all the news agencies aren't listening to the "czar".
Yeah, the local news is reporting on our possible case here too. Guess they didn't get the memo.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 PM

77,791 posts, read 59,941,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Haven't been paying attention: how many new cases in the U.S. now?
Real Answer: 0

Media Answer: It's uncertain at this time although we suspect millions may be infected. Stay tuned or you may die horribly. And now a word from the people paying us based upon our ratings.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:02 PM

40,922 posts, read 48,883,898 times
Bush 2 is a class guy with personality.

President Bush Greets Ebola Victim Amber Vinson - NBC News

Quote:
Former President Bush hugs and kisses Ebola victim Amber Vinson and thanks the hospital staff and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

People aren't afraid to meet with her now that she's cured, are they? Seriously, that would be absolutely silly if they were.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,606,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

That's nice.

Not the first president to do so, however.

Ebola-Free Nurse Nina Pham Visits President Obama - ABC News

Old 11-08-2014, 06:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,606,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
If one were to limit oneself to only reading the 'science' put forth by various posters in this thread, one would naturally assume that, by now, there would be hundreds of new cases, if not thousands, in the USA.

Yet, oddly, not a single new case since that New York doctor. Or even that nurse who went out riding her bike, spewing Ebola everywhere. Heck, not even those people who lived in the same household as the late Mr. Duncan have come down with Ebola.

I am starting to doubt the expertise of the experts in this thread who, after all, have spent literally hundreds of minutes cruising the internet to find information that fits their rock-solid beliefs.

Indeed, sometimes I am tempted to listen to those medical doctors and researchers whom have spent decades in the field of infectious diseases, rather than anonymous internet experts. But, that would be crazy.
Gee, based on the experts in this thread, I was sure that NYC would be in full quarantine by now.

Not sure what to think now.
I mean, I guess it is possible that the doctors, etc. know what they are talking about, but when have people ever actually trusted someone like that to treat them when they are sick.

Oh, wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies