Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 06:31 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

No one is held accountable for their lies, blunders, stupidity today. They are arrogant to even spout what they say to us.

The nurse was put on a plane with the CDC's approval .. yet they say, Do NO Harm.. are they kidding!!

We Americans are sitting ducks.. political correctness has taken over the brains of the ruling class. Does anyone see that political correctness is killing us.
Tired of this stupid statement.
"We won't stop anyone from flying in from the infected areas".. amoeba brain mentality.

This country is run by a bunch of buffoons . Moe Larry and Curly come to mind but these guys are seriously stupid which is worse. The words of these men are pure political correctness and the reasoning ability of these men has died in their brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
This morning I saw on the Today show part of an interview with a healthcare worker who said that the gear she was given didn't cover her neck. Then I saw part of a report on the CBS Morning Show where they showed a guy with a clipboard hovering around while others in HAZMAT suits were helping a patient (I assume the 2nd healthcare worker to contract Ebola) board a private jet. This is on top of the fact that nurse flew a commercial flight after the CDC told her it is okay to fly although she had a low fever because she was considered low risk. My question where is the commonsense of all of these people? Don't they watch the news where everyone sees that one needs to be completely covered and to monitor themselves if they have been around a person who has Ebola? Too many red flags as far as I am concerned!
I saw that last night.. the guy is standing there with no protection and talking to the hazmat guys who moved the second infected nurse who is has a high viral load by now. I am shocked at the stupidity of people and the hazmat guys didn't tell the guy to move away from there. He stood next to one guy which was clearly hazardous.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No one is held accountable for their lies, blunders, stupidity today. They are arrogant to even spout what they say to us.

The nurse was put on a plane with the CDC's approval .. yet they say, Do NO Harm.. are they kidding!!

We Americans are sitting ducks.. political correctness has taken over the brains of the ruling class. Does anyone see that political correctness is killing us.
"We won't stop anyone from flying in from the infected areas".. amoeba brain mentality.

This country is run by a bunch of buffoons . Moe Larry and Curly come to mind but these guys are seriously stupid which is worse. The words of these men are pure political correctness and the reasoning ability of these men has died in their brain.
Many of us completely agree with you. Common sense has been replaced by pleasing people. The most egregious examples now visible. There is no mistaking this. It's how civilizations fail. Hubris and it's consequences.

Losing a 757 Jet
President's aides to a thugs funeral but not to a U.S. General
Sending an Ebola infected patient onto a commercial airliner

this list grows larger. These are more than errors. They are dysfunctional.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

[MOD CUT/off topic] In regards to this ebola issue, part of me thinks that we need to tell people, that if you fly into these places, you do so at your own risk, and don't be expected to be allowed entry back into the US until we get a lid on this! Of course we all know that the powers that be won't do that!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-16-2014 at 07:06 AM..

Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Bob this has nothing to do with hindsight, the threshold is for people n the general population. This woman was part of very small part of the population treating an ebola patient and as such should of sent up giant red flags with an elevated temperature.
Seems that she did hot meet the danger threshold established by CDC. She should not have been allow to fly commercial, but was not in a category that would prevent charter flight or driving. Someone at CDC dropped the ball when she called to see if ok to fly and was told she would not be prevented. That person should have told her not to fly commercial. This country is in a learning process about dealing with Ebola. Mistakes are inherent in that learning. Finger pointing because authorities do not know all things in advance, does no good.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Many of us completely agree with you. Common sense has been replaced by pleasing people. The most egregious examples now visible. There is no mistaking this. It's how civilizations fail. Hubris and it's consequences.

Losing a 757 Jet
President's aides to a thugs funeral but not to a U.S. General
Sending an Ebola infected patient onto a commercial airliner

this list grows larger. These are more than errors. They are dysfunctional.
Their actions are such that they seem to want to spread the disease.. putting this nurse with a fever who treated Duncan on a crowded plane.. this is beyond stupid.. common sense is they want us to spread this disease.. the globalists want to cut the world population.. I don't trust anyone in this government with their actions and words . The nurses are screaming, they are not ready.. they don't listen, those in charge.. Their actions is exposing many to this disease and it could be planned. This is beyond stupid and is looking more as spreading Ebola.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:04 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It'll give you real information about the seriousnessof Ebola and the actual people who came face to face with it.

Or, you can continue listening to the government.
Read that book decades ago.The most terrifying book I ever read in my life,and I never forgot it! His 'Demon In The Freezer is also an eye-opening thriller. Both are nonfiction.

The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus by Richard Preston

The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus: Richard Preston: 8601401254928: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Obama the CDC don't really care about Ebola. If they did they would have acted proactively. What they ARE afraid of is civil unrest. Actually, they are terrified of it. So they proceed to offer tootsie roll logic to everyone in the populace via news channels and morons like Friedan and other CDC reps. Now, the ice cube is melting and people don't trust the CDC. In the next few weeks we will see if people keep it together....or not.

Bear in mind that 132 people on that plane all went home or to hotels and carried on with their lives. If they saw met hugged kissed 5 people that would be nearly 700 more exposures. The plane flew back and people sat in her seat. More potential contacts. The 700 quickly becomes 3500 to 16000...well you get the picture.

Intuitively people "get" this. That is the reality and that IS what the government wants to prevent so they mamby pampby and throw milk toast at the EXPENDABLE people.

This is not governance. It is playing the odds.
Obama recorded a video for all of West Africa, where he told them: “You cannot get Ebola through casual contact like sitting next to someone on a bus."

Our government is telling people that the risks of contracting Ebola are extremely low, that we cannot catch it just sitting next to a person on the bus, or a plane etc... Then in the next breath they are trying to quarantine hundreds of people for essentially "sitting next to someone on a bus."

Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
EBOLA!

Run Away and Hide!

Old 10-16-2014, 07:16 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama recorded a video for all of West Africa, where he told them: “You cannot get Ebola through casual contact like sitting next to someone on a bus."

Our government is telling people that the risks of contracting Ebola are extremely low, that we cannot catch it just sitting next to a person on the bus, or a plane etc... Then in the next breath they are trying to quarantine hundreds of people for essentially "sitting next to someone on a bus."
well, that is what the CDC said in the very beginning, remember, he was simply parroting what the so called experts were saying....so as much as I don't like Obama, he was prepped by the experts. I can't blame him for that, and believe me, he is an incompetent President, but, any president would have said the same thing...if they had consulted with the CDC....

they should have stopped flights in and out of Africa in the beginning....until it was contained...but over there it is getting very serious....

I watched a special on TV that spoke of how nature eventually takes care of things, with disease, etc. when population gets out of hand...and I have to ponder, hmmmmm, are our leaders really that stupid?
Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies