Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Look, there is no way a sane person is going to really think they are going to get Ebola if a few individuals from the West African nation's come here.

There is no way someone believes we are seriously in danger of an Ebola epidemic becausse of less than 5 people.

It's all about the racism and saying let's ban Africans from coming to America.

conservatives love saying that racist crap.

I have found when people are being irrational and crazy and extreme usually it's about religion and in this nation race. And since religions got nothing to do with it, racism it is.
You do realize it's only from the particular parts of Africa and doesn't define a race? White people wouldn't be able to come from there, and black people from other parts of Africa would be free to do so.

I'm sorry but this drivel is full of holes and void of any sound logic, thus not worth any more discussion.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:52 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Try to look at the big picture and the long term rather then just the here and now. Then maybe you can expand beyond your belief that people who are concerned are just "racists".
I am looking at the big picture.

I see almost zero chance of someone who comes from West Africa giving me Ebola which is a statistical fact. So low that's it's nearly zero.

And I don't see us on the verge of an Ebola outbreak with less than five people with Ebola. Three of those 4 people were treating Ebola patients.

So the big picture s saying let's ban all west Afruucans given those objective facts, is that racists are finding a cause to express their racist leaning s freely.

Again I know for many many conservatives saying let's ban Africans just feels so right.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
You are not very rational.

Those two people were medical people treating an Ebola patient.

Again there is no way a sane person can believe hey a west African is here I'm gonna get Ebola without being a huge racist or insane. There's just no way. Again it's cray cray. It's racism finding an outlet to say let's ban all Africans from coming here.
The first two people that came over with it from there were white.

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yes,and the press is slanting it as if they(the nurses) didn't follow SOP for the CDC guidelines...that looks a little fishy to me...since you have worked under docs involved with IFDS and their guidelines,do YOU think that the CDC should have their best and brighest on scene supervising the minutest of details? I think they should.
The CDC or USAMRID should have stepped in the moment they knew they had a confirmed case in the US. Med-surg or ICU nurses are not trained to deal with Ebola or other virulent diseases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
CDC is calling, they have job openings for people with your level of competence, concern about public health, and PC sensitivities.

Or...is that you, Tom Frieden? Keep up the good work. Heckuva job, Brownie.

I am moderate to liberal on damn near everything, and I say you're full of it. And your thinking put into policy will get Americans killed
You first

I don't give a Damn about what you claim to be. So it's irrelevant.

There is no sane person who believes that oh a person who came from west Africa is going to give me Ebola. Again that risk is so small as to be zero. That is an objective fact

There is no sane person that can say that we are on the verge of an Ebola outbreak based on less than five people. When three of the 4 were medical pros treating Ebola patients.

Given those objective facts saying ban all west Africans makes zero sense.

Here's what I see racists finding an outlet for there racism or maybe yall are cray cray.

And based on your claimed political identity, I'll revise my earlier statement. I know for many racists saying let's ban Africans just feels so right.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
I am looking at the big picture.

I see almost zero chance of someone who comes from West Africa giving me Ebola which is a statistical fact. So low that's it's nearly zero.

And I don't see us on the verge of an Ebola outbreak with less than five people with Ebola. Three of those 4 people were treating Ebola patients.

So the big picture s saying let's ban all west Afruucans given those objective facts, is that racists are finding a cause to express their racist leaning s freely.

Again I know for many many conservatives saying let's ban Africans just feels so right.
You're not seeing the big picture or the long term. You're also willing to throw healthcare workers under the bus. Nice.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
You first

You're the one who is so confident that it won't be a problem here. So put your money where your mouth is, and sign up.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You do realize it's only from the particular parts of Africa and doesn't define a race? White people wouldn't be able to come from there, and black people from other parts of Africa would be free to do so.

I'm sorry but this drivel is full of holes and void of any sound logic, thus not worth any more discussion.
I realize that saying let's ban all west Africans is 100% about race.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
West Africa is huge. If anything, ban travel from the affected nations. There is no reason why nations without the virus should be refused visas. The article is dealing with the nations battling ebola, not all of West Africa.
I agree. I think most people, including myself are calling on a ban on affected countries only. Most people just say "Africa" because they don't know the geography of the continent.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
I realize that saying let's ban all west Africans is 100% about race.

No you're ASSuming! Furthermore, if you want to cry racism, perhaps you may want to take a good look in the mirror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies