Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 10:37 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have no idea what polls you are seeing but according to polls I've seen, most of the U.S. public considers climate change to be a very serious or somewhat serious problem, and favor setting limits on carbon emissions.

Environment

Compare that to Canada where only 2% deny climate change.

By the way, although there is no federal carbon tax in Canada two provinces, BC and Quebec do tax carbon....It doesn't help that Canada's prime minister, Steven Harper is a evangelical nut bag and a climate denier.

I have a suggestion for you...Never mind lookB4youcross.....Lookb4you post nonsense.
Looks like you just lost the argument, again, by trying to insult me. At this point, can't take what you post seriously. If you can't discuss without personal attacks, and insults...Then you pretty much have discredited yourself, and your claims.

Funny thing is, climate change is a religion, yet, you call an evangelical, a nut bag, and a climate denier ( lets be politically correct and call him a skeptic ) You people preach tolerance, but become very intolerant of others that won't cave in to your unreasonable demands.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Less than a year and a half to go - how many failed 'tipping point' predictions does this make for Hansen???
What failed tipping points? Do you think any scientist predicted that the climate would change over night? The tipping point may have already have been passed, but serious results may not be felt for years yet.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Looks like you just lost the argument, again, by trying to insult me. At this point, can't take what you post seriously. If you can't discuss without personal attacks, and insults...Then you pretty much have discredited yourself, and your claims.

Funny thing is, climate change is a religion, yet, you call an evangelical, a nut bag, and a climate denier ( lets be politically correct and call him a skeptic ) You people preach tolerance, but become very intolerant of others that won't cave in to your unreasonable demands.
Not an insult...Just friendly advice...You often post statements that are false....Eg..
Quote:
.No one actually buys the global warming/climate change hoax, the polls show it!
If you took the time to research before you post, it would save you much embarrassment.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
China has the highest number of solar arrays, solar heating and wind farms.

Canada never had a carbon tax, don't know about Australia. Hard to scrap what never existed, don't you think?

You might want to reconsider your thoughts on that. Here is one example:

Kenya Climate Change Action Planning: a flagship model for Africa

Ever been in Denmark or Germany? Ever seen the percentage of wind/solar power versus traditional?

Oh, and in case you missed it, 2014 is on track to being the hottest year ever globally. And the past decade was the hottest decade ever. 13 of the 14 hottest years ever occurred in THIS century. Not opinions, not projections, not models, but actual facts.
And china burns more coal than any other country and imports thousands of tons monthly.

Canada was go have carbon tax. Never happened. Australia did in fact scrap their carbon tax. Look it up.

I have a Danish passport. So yes and I also know their power bills are quite high.

Kenya is one country out of how many?

And it stopped warming 18 years ago.

1933 was and is the hottest year ever. Nothing has beaten it.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:57 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post

sanspeur, whom I call the Bishop of AGW, lost his credibility long ago. I grant that he is slick, and quick with his talking points, but he cannot engage in debate. His out is to immediately attack any and all research by even the most qualified of skeptics. To him, everything opposing his point of view is the result of Heartland Foundation and Exxon Mobile money and personal attacks on even the most qualified of scientists who are skeptics.

Any and all AGW aka "climate change" discussion needs to be placed into the context of what happened 12,000 years ago and what happened 800 years ago, and what happened 150 years ago.

The AGW crowd has CO2 on the brain. All of their tools look like nails, so to speak. Some, like sanspeur, claim that we only need 30 years of data to prove significant climate change (and sanspeur knows that if he denies he said this that I will hunt down, find, and report what he said in another thread.) The AGW crowd is shameless. Just recently some of them began claiming that the recent ebola outbreak is the result of climate change. They are shameless fear mongering, and they are becoming more and more desperate, as shown by their 250 trillion joules claim, and their 4 hiroshimas a second claim, both of which when put into context have been shown to be idiotic fearmongering.

Time to lay off the kid gloves. The AGW people are fanatics, and cannot be reasoned with. They cannot debate on fact. They are no different than the thumpers over on another forum. Read this and you will see the light. They are dangerous and will destroy the economy in pursuit of their liberal left agenda. God help the poor and the working people if they have their way.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Where on earth do you deniers get your info from? 1995, 1997, 1998, 2005 and 2010 all broke NOAA records for the hottest years since records started being kept in 1880. 1934 was the 49th hottest year on record.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Some, like sanspeur, claim that we only need 30 years of data to prove significant climate change (and sanspeur knows that if he denies he said this that I will hunt down, find, and report what he said in another thread.
I deny that I made this statement, so you'd better start hunting.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:29 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And china burns more coal than any other country and imports thousands of tons monthly.
Your correct. However, they also have the largest alternative energy program, recognizing two things, one is the amount of pollution they are producing (the citizens are pushing their politicians HARD on that issue) and the contribution to CO2 production. In other words, they are moving towards the solution.

Quote:
Canada was go have carbon tax. Never happened.
I have no idea what your trying to say here.

Quote:
Australia did in fact scrap their carbon tax. Look it up.
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
I have a Danish passport. So yes and I also know their power bills are quite high.
My Canadian power bills are much higher than for a larger condo in Florida I have. Your point?

Quote:
Kenya is one country out of how many?
One needs to crawl, before one can walk, before one can run. It needs to start someplace, right?

Quote:
And it stopped warming 18 years ago.
Surface temperatures, yes. Global temperatures, no. Your discounting all the heat measured that is being absorbed by the oceans. Your also cherry picking the highest El Nino year on record. Go back 19 years and see the results. Or 30. Or 80.

Quote:
1933 was and is the hottest year ever. Nothing has beaten it.
ONLY in the USA. Not world wide. And even then it ranks fourth behind 2012, 2006, and 1998. The USA is only 2% of the global land mass.

BTW, I'm pretty sure you meant 1934. Gosh, do those who believe in science now have to remind the deniers what their fallacies say that they spew forth?

Old 10-23-2014, 02:15 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Newly- recovered 1969 Arctic satellite data shows ice-free hole 200-300 mile wide - we found holes in ice at North Pole that we didn't expect to find..

Quote:
Where on earth do you deniers get your info from?
Really Sanspeur...It seems that your so called expert scientists(science is settled) really have more questions than they do answers. Anyways, Arctic sea ice has been rebounding nicely over the past two years. I'm sure that Leonardo DiCaprio & Al Gore won't be sailing their yacths anytime soon in the North Pole!!!

Scientists Resurrect Treasure Trove of Satellite Data From the 1960s

Last edited by gretsky99; 10-23-2014 at 02:25 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 02:18 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,888 times
Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

Climate change is a lie: Global warming 'not real' claims Weather Channel founder | Nature | News | Daily Express
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies