Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:07 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
Is it crime control? Or is it gun control? Or is there another purpose?
If the purpose is in effective in one area, is it logical to assume the purpose lies in another?

And here is my thought. The PROPOSED or claimed purpose of gun control is to reduce gun crime, that is, crime committed using a gun. Be that robbery, murder, assault, etc. I'm not one that thinks there is some nefarious shadow government bent on disarming the citizens of this country so it can ensue a big brother like 1984 rule over us all. Because they're doing just fine with that agenda even BEFORE gun control became a major issue. Literally. Guns have not suppressed even ONE tiny bit of horrible legislation, guns haven't even been a FACTOR in any of the pieces of bile that have been brought over us in the past....30 years? So yeah, maybe gun control is an attempt to reduce gun crime, presumably by making it harder for specific demographics of people to own a gun.
Or, there can be it plot of the NRA?

Take the two words....gun control and subtract the first and you have your answer.

CONTROL...total authoritarian control.
You better rethink your thoughts about 1984 as it is on top of us already. If you are familiar with the book you should have an eerie feeling any time you go somewhere and need to wait. Be it doctor, car repair, airport, bank, bla, bla, bla....there are TV screens in your face telling you the news (hate). I was uncomfortable with the mindless screens at first and abhor them now.
As for gun control...if the federal government could disarm us overnight they would and never bat an eye.

They would even take Jill Biden's double barrell shotgun.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:15 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
It is preservation control. The political class, who feels they are well more important than the population; the ones who spend all our money and max out our credit cards. They can't balance a check book yet feel they know best on how we should be living. These are the people who are driving this country into the ground and removing our rights in the process... THEY are the ones that wish to remove guns from the good citizens.

They don't care about criminals, because criminals are not the ones they need to be afraid of.

We are the ones they fear the most.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I won't be registering my guns anytime soon. If the Government doesn't know I have it, they can't take it from me.

Let's see Chuck... from Orlando... knock knock

j/k

Try not to get no-warrant searched if at all possible.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Let's see Chuck... from Orlando... knock knock

j/k

Try not to get no-warrant searched if at all possible.
Don't mention your guns on the internet. Let others do so but refrain on your own behalf. I have a slingshot and a bow with some arrows. I can also throw rocks.

Those pesky elitists can suck eggs.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
If the purpose is in effective in one area, is it logical to assume the purpose lies in another?

And here is my thought. The PROPOSED or claimed purpose of gun control is to reduce gun crime, that is, crime committed using a gun. Be that robbery, murder, assault, etc. I'm not one that thinks there is some nefarious shadow government bent on disarming the citizens of this country so it can ensue a big brother like 1984 rule over us all. Because they're doing just fine with that agenda even BEFORE gun control became a major issue. Literally. Guns have not suppressed even ONE tiny bit of horrible legislation, guns haven't even been a FACTOR in any of the pieces of bile that have been brought over us in the past....30 years? So yeah, maybe gun control is an attempt to reduce gun crime, presumably by making it harder for specific demographics of people to own a gun.

the real reason for making gun control laws is to make victims out of the law abiding. as criminals will not follow the law anyway, and shall never follow any gun control law. that means that all gun control laws are there only for the law abiding to follow as politicians already know that criminals will never follow the law.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:32 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
so they can absolutee law by force

Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's the big lie about gun control. If guns cause death why is the murder rate in Chicago higher than Boise? The purpose of gun control legislation is control of the people, it has never prevented any deaths. Reducing "gun control" and giving lawabiding people more. access to buy and carry guns has reduced violent crime everevery time.

It's also sent some to jail for killing innocent people because they were so scared. People that scare so easily should not be allowed to have guns.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:05 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

It's also sent some to jail for killing innocent people because they were so scared. People that scare so easily should not be allowed to have guns.
If that were correct then it would be a reason to disarm the police. That would be an interesting but predictable experiment. It's one that the government could do and show they are willing to lead by example. If guns are not necessary to control, prevent , detour crime then people protecting politicians should be the first to have their guns confiscated. You can't have it for yourself if you want to take it from others.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:28 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:

The purpose of gun control is to have more control over people's lives. That's beyond obvious. Here are some examples.

The nation’s toughest gun-control law made Massachusetts less safe - Opinion - The Boston Globe

Of course when gun laws have been proven to be ineffective in stopping crime and shown only to hurt the law abiding the answer is....wait for it...more gun laws. Here's the one I liked best:

Quote:
Several other states have introduced similar measures. Massachusetts state Rep. David Linsky is pushing a 25 percent sales tax on ammunition and firearms. Maryland state Rep. Jon Cardin has introduced a bill imposing a 50 percent tax on ammo, and an annual $25 gun registration fee.
Lawmakers eye new taxes on guns, ammo in latest wave of legislation | Fox News

There's clearly nothing as effective as a new tax to keep the people safe.........

Old 10-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Haakon
That's the big lie about gun control. If guns cause death why is the murder rate in Chicago higher than Boise? The purpose of gun control legislation is control of the people, it has never prevented any deaths. Reducing "gun control" and giving lawabiding people more. access to buy and carry guns has reduced violent crime everevery time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

That's just more rationalizing of why the few should control the many. There is ample proof that more crime is thwarted than accidental shootings.

How about LEO's militarized to the 10s who have busted in and murdered people based on bad information? That is happening several times a month.

You do not have the right to sacrifice others rights for the perception of safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies