Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Cue, conservative deflection! Go!
Cue, liberal deflection, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You mean that it is alright with you for Obama to have a low and falling rating as long as someone else has a lower rating? Kind of like "I'm bad but look at those guys" makes it all better.

Casper works for the ad agency that came up with the state motto for Arkansas: "At Least We're Not Louisiana".

The fact that both Congress and the president have such a pathetic approval rating is definitely not acceptable. I view them all as failures, and they rarely disappoint.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Despite Congress' atrocious approval ratings, most of them will cruise to re-election.

It just shows how.... (gullible??)... the American people are.

You got that right. They proved that by reelecting Obama.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:34 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Casper works for the ad agency that came up with the state motto for Arkansas: "At Least We're Not Louisiana".

The fact that both Congress and the president have such a pathetic approval rating is definitely not acceptable. I view them all as failures, and they rarely disappoint.
Interesting that you attack me then in your next breath say exactly what have already stated on this thread.
Why is I doubt you even read what I posted

Old 10-17-2014, 12:49 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting that you attack me then in your next breath say exactly what have already stated on this thread.
Why is I doubt you even read what I posted
Actually, I did read your original post.

We all know that all politicians suck, but not everybody knows that Arkansas looks down on Louisiana.

Now we do.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Actually, I did read your original post.

We all know that all politicians suck, but not everybody knows that Arkansas looks down on Louisiana.

Now we do.
Maybe you should have read the rest of my posts in reply to others it was only one page long at the time.
I never said anything about either state and if you actually believe that nonsense you do not even know what my handle means, pssst it means I live in Texas and we already look down on everyone else living in the country to the north of ours

Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Congress approval ratings are still low, in fact they are not even half the approval rating of the President's rating. The funny thing is some here like to post threads pointing out the Presidents approval rating being sub 40's while at the same time ignoring that the approval rating for Congress by the same site are at around 14%. Meaning while the Presidents approval rating is low it does not equate to the voters approving of Congress, I wonder why someone would want to ignore that fact

Weeks Before Elections, Congressional Approval Still Low
Everyone dislikes congress as a body but few would rate their own congressman low . The president is rated as an individual . I have no proof but doubt any individual congressman is rated that low by his voters. Otherwise we would have massive turnover from both parties

Old 10-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Everyone dislikes congress as a body but few would rate their own congressman low . The president is rated as an individual . I have no proof but doubt any individual congressman is rated that low by his voters. Otherwise we would have massive turnover from both parties
Actually that is changing. There was an article in the Dallas Morning News a few weeks back that discussed exactly that, it went on to say that people are now actually beginning to become dissatisfied with their own Reps which is an unusual trend since normally people will say they are dissatisfied with Congress but with their own Rep they were satisfied. It is a sign of the times that more and people are beginning to realize that while we used to feel our own Reps were doing a good job more are beginning to grasp the fact that their own is no better than the rest. Will it impact the upcoming elections, not much, but as time goes by and little changes (and it won't) more and more people will become dissatisfied and then things might change because people may actually start holding their own guys accountable.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Wrong again, you are good at that
No, I was not wrong. You asked a question. I answered the question. I cannot be wrong about my own opinion.

Not agreeing with you doesn't make me wrong. It just means I have a different opinion. But you being a liberal, I understand how that confuses you.
Quote:
The reason I started this thread was because the one with Obamas rating was closed, why, I have no idea.
But to bring balance for you and others here I will post the link, to the same site I would add, so you can compare the poll numbers. That should make you feel better, or not
Weekly Obama Job Approval Dips to 41%, Near Personal Low
Your thread asked a question about why people were ignoring the Congressional approval rating, and implied it was because the rating of Republicans in congress is lower than Obama's rating. Don't try to twist out of that now.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 PM

26,493 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Congress approval ratings are still low, in fact they are not even half the approval rating of the President's rating. The funny thing is some here like to post threads pointing out the Presidents approval rating being sub 40's while at the same time ignoring that the approval rating for Congress by the same site are at around 14%. Meaning while the Presidents approval rating is low it does not equate to the voters approving of Congress, I wonder why someone would want to ignore that fact

Weeks Before Elections, Congressional Approval Still Low
#1 Congressional Approval Ratings rate the approval of ALL of congress (Senate and House of Representatives) combined.

#2 (Unfortunately) Individual congress members of both parties have above water approval ratings among their constituents as a whole. About 95% will get re-elected (Unfortunately). Obama would not get re-elected right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies