Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:56 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

"The leftist intellect portrays waste where a marvel of engineering and utility exists. There's the obvious: the plastic bag enables us to segregate our groceries. Meat remains separated from fruit and vegetables. We've all encountered the leaky package of raw chicken. Because the chicken is segregated, the risk of salmonella and coliform is minimized."

Read more: Articles: The Left Avows Its Ungodly Love of Filth
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I occasionally see people in our area carrying in these canvas or polypropylene grocery bags for the cashier to fill with their groceries, exposing the cashier to the filth (diseases) that these bags may harbor. I would refuse to fill them, and make the shopper fill them herself.

For you self-proclaimed "progressives," this is not progress. Human progress has been toward more sanitation and cleanliness. Not less. Exposing oneself to bacteria and illness due to uncleanliness is just plain foolish.

Contrary to Leftist claims, we do use all of our plastic grocery bags for other purposes (trash mostly) and we often are running short by the time we head to the grocery store again. So, the claim that they are "one use" or "single use" is false.

Personally, I would propose returning to paper bags, if I had my choice. They held more, and groceries didn't spill out all over the car on the way home from the store, they were easier to carry in, and they also were used for other purposes later (and let's also realize, trees are a "crop").

The California ban is an example of the tyranny of the few over the majority. It is an example of what happens when one group gets too much power.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:03 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Fact: ~90% of plastic bags are not recycled. You are the exception, not the rule.

You can still buy them if you want, or are you too entitled for this option?

Old 10-18-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Fact: ~90% of plastic bags are not recycled. You are the exception, not the rule.
According to whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
You can still buy them if you want, or are you too entitled for this option?
Why should I have to pay for grocery bags? Besides, I don't think they are even offered anymore where we live.

I often wonder how many people were put out of work when paper bags were eliminated as "standard" grocery bags?

But, you can enjoy your filthy bags. Not for me, thanks.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
This is just to get one more dime out of everyday shoppers. I use my bands for other things. I don't see the sudden problem with them.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:10 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,871 times
You know that the reusable bags can be laundered right? In addition to using one bag for meats, one for veggies etc., it is a simple way to avoid contamination. Then again if one did that, they wouldn't have anything to rant about.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You know that the reusable bags can be laundered right? In addition to using one bag for meats, one for veggies etc., it is a simple way to avoid contamination. Then again if one did that, they wouldn't have anything to rant about.
Do you use them? Do you wash them? Do you separate those you use for meat from those you use for vegies and other things?

Old 10-18-2014, 06:16 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
When people start getting diseases from their grocery bag that spent last week as their garbage bag they'll blame the government for not having enough food regulations.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

According to whom?
- the EPA
Plastics Common Wastes & Materials | US EPA

Why should I have to pay for grocery bags? Besides, I don't think they are even offered anymore where we live.
- to help save wildlife and lessen the "garage patch" to start....

I often wonder how many people were put out of work when paper bags were eliminated as "standard" grocery bags?
- good news for the paper bag makers then

But, you can enjoy your filthy bags.
Not for me, thanks.
-Or i could wash my food before I eat it. Or I could save and recycle the bags I already have. Or...

Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
My cats would be upset if their litter box wasnt emptied into plastic bags.

Because their production of waste exceeds my grocery shopping, i simply purchased a thousand bags from Amazon.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
When people start getting diseases from their grocery bag that spent last week as their garbage bag they'll blame the government for not having enough food regulations.
Ummm... I'd like to think the public is not this stupid or this cheap. We did fine w no plastic bags for centuries.

Necessity is the mother of invention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies