Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:02 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Oh, probably because you folk are always trying to gin up some faux outrage against someone for some reason or another. After awhile no one cares.
Was it faux outrage when you cons got your panties in a wad over the Dixie Chicks statement

Old 10-18-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Because he is humiliated by his country and talking his mind. You may not like what he says but that's your problem,not his..If a survey was taken and asked if people are as proud of being American as they were 10 years ago I do believe the results would fall on his take of things but that would also include different reasons ..People put different values on things and judge from different perspectives. That is why people debate things, to get a clearer picture of things..I'd appreciate your views on why you think he's wrong but as for running a liberal or a conservative down on nothing more than feelings,that's an ignorant exercise.
And Natalie Maines was ashamed that Bush was from Texas and talking her mind. You may not like what she says but that's your problem, not hers...

Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
And Natalie Maines was ashamed that Bush was from Texas and talking her mind. You may not like what she says but that's your problem, not hers...
Then the same can be said with Hannity and you.

So basically this is just your faux outrage thread.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:10 AM

I think it's because there's a perception in this country, a false perception but it exists, that conservatives are automatically patriotic and so they can say stuff like that and there's no reaction because hey they're conservatives, of course they love America. It's the same reason why there's no backlash over the widespread rightwing praising of Putin. Could you imagine if anybody on the left had ever done that with one of our enemies during the Bush years? If some liberal had for example praised Osama bin Laden because "he flies jumbo jets" and then in comparison mocked Bush for reading children's books? There would have been hell to pay

Unless we fight back they're going to keep on winning. I don't mean defend our patriotism I mean attack then with charges of being unpatriotic. The way they're all swooning over Putin that shouldn't be that hard

I think they also have a free pass when it comes to national security. When an attack happens on their watch
it's never their fault

National security is another area where Democrats have done a ****ty job defending themselves. Any time any conservative bought up that BS about how there was half a dozen attacks under Clinton but only one under Bush why the hell didn't the liberal ever jump right in and bring up all those embassies that were attacked under Bush?

Old 10-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Then the same can be said with Hannity and you.

So basically this is just your faux outrage thread.
No, this is a thread showing con hypocrisy

Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
No, this is a thread showing con hypocrisy
And your own. Oops!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:14 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
I really couldn't care less what Sean Hannity has to say about anything.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Default The differace?

Quote:
Remember the massive outpouring of hatred and rage when Natalie Maines of the Dixie chicks said that she was ashamed Bush was from Texas? Why is there no outcry over Sean Hannity's "I am humiliated for my country"

Hannity: 'I Am Humiliated for My Country'
MS. Maines said that outrageous statement and her public reacted to that statement. It was the people not Hannity. Its shame they actually the Dixie Chicks had good music.

Hannity is expressing the outrage on what most of us think about Obama's lead from behind tactics, Weak and not respected in the world. The President has been checked out and playing golf when he should be working.

All though poorly delivered, I get it!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:28 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
There was plenty of outrage when Mrs Obama said that

Obama NEVER said there was no American exceptionalism.

Sounds like you don't have an answer. Your excuse that she "crossed the line" is especially laughable considering that Hannity crossed that very same line. In fact he's gone far far far beyond it. The Dixie Chicks never praised bin Laden the way Hannity and lots of other cons praise Putin

Humiliated and ashamed are two different things.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:39 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
OP was pwned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies