Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:42 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If you read the article, they were threatened with jail time and fines. And if a church has their status stripped, they become a for-profit business so what then?
Then they would need to form their own church and see if they can make more money from the plate offerings by preaching hell and damnation to the gays.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,619,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
What about the Churches 1 st Amendment rights and this is direct violation of the Bible and Church Doctrine. These Pro- Gay marriage people are putting these Pastors in Spiritual Impasse.

Very Serious Issue for this Country.
Adulterers also got death in the Old Testament. Is it against their policy to marry up adulterers?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:45 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Hitching Post LLC is busy as its just across the street from the county clerks office. 50% of their business is from same day clients - who register at the clerks office then walk over for the religious ceremony. The Knapps performs roughly 1,400 ceremonies per year (3-5/day) at $80-$102 each (about $130,000/year). The Knapps don't believe in pre-marital sex or sex outside marriage ("fornication") but don't mention declining marriage ceremonies on these grounds (or on any grounds other than same-sex).

http://www.adfmedia.org/files/KnappComplaint.pdf

272. The Hitching Post Chapel qualifies as a “public accommodation” under the
Ordinance.
273. The Hitching Post qualifies as a “public accommodation” under the Ordinance for
at least three reasons: (1) it is a public place; (2) it is operated for a profit (i.e. “kept for gain”);
(3) it charges for the wedding ceremonies and other marriage-related services it offers.
274. Accordingly, the Ordinance’s bar on sexual orientation discrimination applies to
The Hitching Post and its operations.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Hitching Post LLC is busy as its just across the street from the county clerks office. 50% of their business is from same day clients - who register at the clerks office then walk over for the religious ceremony. The Knapps performs roughly 1,400 ceremonies per year (3-5/day) at $80-$102 each (about $130,000/year). The Knapps don't believe in pre-marital sex or sex outside marriage ("fornication") but don't mention declining marriage ceremonies on these grounds (or on any grounds other than same-sex).

http://www.adfmedia.org/files/KnappComplaint.pdf

272. The Hitching Post Chapel qualifies as a “public accommodation” under the
Ordinance.
273. The Hitching Post qualifies as a “public accommodation” under the Ordinance for
at least three reasons: (1) it is a public place; (2) it is operated for a profit (i.e. “kept for gain”);
(3) it charges for the wedding ceremonies and other marriage-related services it offers.
274. Accordingly, the Ordinance’s bar on sexual orientation discrimination applies to
The Hitching Post and its operations.
And one would think that the above puts the discussion to bed once and for all. But we all know it will continue to go on and on and on.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:20 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Have you been screaming for the last 50 years that's if fascism for religious people to have these exact same anti-discrimination protections, or is it only fascism when people are protected from discrimination because of their sexual orientation?
Give me a break. You know as well as I do that this isn't really about ''anti-discrimination,'' that's a lie that these gay militants like to hide behind.

This is about an agenda, an agenda to force the gay lifestyle onto everyone and every facet of society in a vain attempt to try and make it ''normal,'' which it obviously isn't and never will be despite the lies they like to tell themselves. If anyone disagrees with the Doctrine of the Gay Reich, even just slightly, they become a target and will face the ruthlessness of the Rainbow Gestapo who will (figuratively speaking) hunt them down, cut off their head, place it on a spike, and parade it through the streets for all to witness. This can be seen in the countless examples of people like the Mozilla CEO, the Christian bakeries. Chic-Fil A, Phil Robertson, and now ministers and rabbis themselves. Like the fascist bullies that they are, the Rainbow Gestapo uses intimidation and corrupt political power to orchestrate their will on the masses. Their ultimate weapon is Political Correctness which they use to censor anyone they disagree with, if anyone dares to have the gall to stand up to them they'll be slandered as something really nasty, such as a bigot, or a phobe'. Everything I'm saying is the absolute truth, anyone who is siding with the gay militants is on the side of Tyranny. More and more people are starting to see the Gay Reich for what it truly is, it's not a movement of tolerance, at least not anymore, it's a movement of hate and destruction. Hate and destruction of those they disagree with, especially Christians.

All these ministers and rabbis want to do is to practice their religion peacefully, if these gay jack boots truly were about tolerance they would have respected these people's deeply held beliefs, which are not beliefs of hate but of love and obeidance to the higher power that they claim, and would have gone elsewhere for what they wanted. There were plenty of other churches and wedding businesses that accept and even specialize in gay weddings and ceremonies, they could have easily gone to one of those instead, but no, they decided that they were going to make an example of these ministers and rabbis. ''This is what happens when you cross the Gay Reich!'' the Rainbow Gestapo cried out. This is a message, that's all this is. The only people truly being discriminated against here are the Christians, who are easy targets because they don't fight back, they are taught to love others, even their enemies. I am still waiting for the day when one of these gay jack boots actually grows a pair and tries to go after a Muslim establishment, they won't ''turn the other cheek'' I can assure you.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Give me a break. You know as well as I do that this isn't really about ''anti-discrimination,'' that's a lie that these gay militants like to hide behind.

This is about an agenda, an agenda to force the gay lifestyle onto everyone and every facet of society in a vain attempt to try and make it ''normal,'' which it obviously isn't and never will be despite the lies they like to tell themselves. If anyone disagrees with the Doctrine of the Gay Reich, even just slightly, they become a target and will face the ruthlessness of the Rainbow Gestapo who will (figuratively speaking) hunt them down, cut off their head, place it on a spike, and parade it through the streets for all to witness. This can be seen in the countless examples of people like the Mozilla CEO, the Christian bakeries. Chic-Fil A, Phil Robertson, and now ministers and rabbis themselves. Like the fascist bullies that they are, the Rainbow Gestapo uses intimidation and corrupt political power to orchestrate their will on the masses. Their ultimate weapon is Political Correctness which they use to censor anyone they disagree with, if anyone dares to have the gall to stand up to them they'll be slandered as something really nasty, such as a bigot, or a phobe'. Everything I'm saying is the absolute truth, anyone who is siding with the gay militants is on the side of Tyranny. More and more people are starting to see the Gay Reich for what it truly is, it's not a movement of tolerance, at least not anymore, it's a movement of hate and destruction. Hate and destruction of those they disagree with, especially Christians.

All these ministers and rabbis want to do is to practice their religion peacefully, if these gay jack boots truly were about tolerance they would have respected these people's deeply held beliefs, which are not beliefs of hate but of love and obeidance to the higher power that they claim, and would have gone elsewhere for what they wanted. There were plenty of other churches and wedding businesses that accept and even specialize in gay weddings and ceremonies, they could have easily gone to one of those instead, but no, they decided that they were going to make an example of these ministers and rabbis. ''This is what happens when you cross the Gay Reich!'' the Rainbow Gestapo cried out. This is a message, that's all this is. The only people truly being discriminated against here are the Christians, who are easy targets because they don't fight back, they are taught to love others, even their enemies. I am still waiting for the day when one of these gay jack boots actually grows a pair and tries to go after a Muslim establishment, they won't ''turn the other cheek'' I can assure you.
Let's see... jack boots, militants, Gestapo, tyranny, hate, destruction, agenda, lifestyle, force, Reich ...

You forgot NAZI. You need to add NAZI in there somewhere.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:32 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:

This is not a non-profit Church but an ACTUAL FOR-PROFIT BUSINESS. A Business can't discriminate period.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
On the other had a Good Godly Bases church can show where the money is being spent thru the many Ministries.

Example the emboli, Calvary Chapel, Samarian Purse with cooperation other churches are getting donation together and raising serious money for Africa. It seems these types of ministries are looked by people trying to destroy the good works of Churches.

To ask a Godly bas Church to Marry Gay people is a sin and Church Doctrine. We will have to see where this goes?
My point still stands. If they weren't for profit, the law suit wouldn't have happened. In fact, if they were like most churches, I'd say they have the right to not marry homosexuals. I disagree with the decision, but I don't think they should be forced to. But since the church is basically a business, I think it's a fair expectation.

Quote:
This is Fascism! The Rainbow Gestapo has proven once again that they are on the side, not of Liberty, but of Tyranny. They claimed their movement was about tolerance, but tolerance for whom? Tolerance only for those you agree with is not truly tolerance.

I will be praying for these Pastors during this time of persecution.
The law suit is only happening because it's a for profit church. Nearly all churches are not for profit and would never have to face this law suit. But if a church becomes a for-profit institution, what makes it any different than the average business and why should it not be expected to uphold the same anti-discriminatory laws?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:

All these ministers and rabbis want to do is to practice their religion peacefully,.
No all they want to do is make Money, it is a business not a church they are running. The rest of the rant was not worthy of comment.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:35 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I think you meant to say that a for-profit business filed a lawsuit asking permission for the special right to break the law.
I didn't comment on merits of the lawsuit. I commented on them being threatened with jail time. And I commented on the slippy slope that taking away churches' tax exemption could theoretically mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.