Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 09:51 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why should peoples "faith"
It’s a constitutionally protected right. If you don’t like it then shop elsewhere. 3% isn’t going to make a difference anyway yet you are deliberately going out of your way to do as much damage to decent hard working good people’s means of putting food on their tables and feed their families. Society needs to rise up and squelch this atrocity perpetrated by the homosexual and silence this behavior such that it cannot be accomplished in the future and permanently change the homosexuals’ sick hostile attitude against the religious and people of faith. The religious are more powerful and significantly more numerous globally and locally. So far they are being nice, why I do not know, as you are undeserving.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:57 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
1. In Hobby Lobby the Supreme Court ruled differently
2. that means you also think that laws that mandating a business stay open on Saturday are also constitutional
3. Even if that was the law it's still antisemitic and exactly the same as middle ages restrictions of what professions Jews can enter
lol

Seriously?

1. Hobby Lobby has not settled this specific issue.

2. Because the Hobby Lobby decision left much unanswered, the issue will be revisited in the future, perhaps when the SCOTUS is more liberal, considering the Republican Party will likely not capture the WH for some time.

3. Something is not antisemitic because you say it is. Laws in the middle ages were passed by Catholics and aimed at discriminating against Jews. A law forbidding discrimination against gays by a secular government is not the same things. You can insist they are exactly the same all you want, but they're not.

Quote:
if you support these anti discrimination laws you are just as antisemitic as someone who puts up a NO JEWS ALLOWED sign, and are even worse than they are, because you agree with them 100% but are doing it hypocritically they at least are honest bigots
It's this passage that makes me sorry I gave you the benefit of the doubt and makes me think you're a troll. Nobody can possibly be that stupid as you say: anti-discrimination = bigotry and say it in such an openly Orwellian way. That's just absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
If a Town makes a law that all grocery stores must stay open 7 days a week, I Keep Shabbos and am forbidden to open my store on Saturday, Thus the town is really passing a law that says no Jews can open a store
That might be the effect of the law, but your religious views aren't the government's problem. The government protects you from discrimination, that does not mean that all government laws must bend to your will, especially when your will is bigotry.

Quote:
Anyone who has a Jewish mother or a real conversion is Jewish
However if they don't accept certain basic precepts like God, the Torah is written by God, the binding nature of Halacha etc., their opinion is worth the same as Hitler's, Stalin's or yours.
I'll let America's Jews know that you just declared yourself head Jew.

Quote:
translation if you don't want to abandon Judaism, don't open a business
in short you support NO JEWS ALLOWED
You keep rehashing this. The law is not aimed at Jews. If some Jews can't abide it, that's unfortunate, but the government in no way has to make sure everything's ok with every religious sect before passing laws. Again, you don't speak for most American Jews, your views aren't shared by most American Jews and I honestly don't care one bit that you don't consider more liberal Jews to be legitimately Jewish, because I do consider them Jewish and your opinion has no value to me.

Quote:
unless it's against Jews or other religious people and then not personally only through the hands of the government
anti discrimination laws=discrimination laws against religious people
And more of the anti-discrimination = discrimination Orwellian stuff that makes you look like a troll.

Quote:
but you have no problem if the government says in effect no Orthodox Jews are allowed to own wedding halls!
No, I don't have a problem with that, at all. The government does have to bend over backwards to give Orthodox Jews special privilege to make money off of bigotry. The fact the government denies Orthodox Jews that special privilege they want to make money while discriminating against their fellow citizens, does not make the government itself bigoted.

Quote:
has nothing to do with this conversation, that is called consumer fraud, it's the same thing as someone putting meat in something and calling it vegetarian.
If someone says it's against their religious beliefs to properly label Kosher foods properly, because their religion is anti-Jewish, then you would be a hypocrite to deny them based upon your own shrill demands that Orthodox Jews get special privileges to treat other people poorly.

Quote:
I didn't realize that was against anyone's religion, and when it was it should not be sanctioned by the government.

I'm not against laws, I'm against antisemitic laws that force people to violate their religion or close down shop
No, you are against laws. You demand that the laws bend to your specific will and what I was trying to point out (and you completely ignored) was the laws you hate protect you from very real antisemitism. Because if the law must be bent to make you happy, it must be bent to make everyone happy, including antisemites.

Quote:
then neither was the Spanish Inquisition

the law wouldn't be antisemitic the Christians in question would

I rather be discriminated against by a private individual then the government like these anti discrimination laws currently due.

I rather a individual antiSemite discriminate against me than have these laws that makes the government anti semetic

most transportation is public

so what we'll live in Jewish areas

so what?
1 local hotel in some little dinky town wont serve us big deal, you honestly expect a major hotel chain to turn Jews or anyone else down

the fact that you put restaurants here shows how insane your argument how exactly is a restaurant I would ever consider (Kosher) going to, able to discriminate against me?

so we'll get another job

Since you have o be talking small time, so we'll make patronize our own industries

affirmative action, legacy students means we still are discriminated against so these laws don't change anything

no, it's antisemitic because it gives Jews the option of throwing Judaism in the garbage or loosing financial abilities just like the antisemitic laws of the middle ages.

so they are in addition to being antisemitic their also anti-Christian, and anti-Muslim, that doesn't negate the fact that they are also antisemitic.
Just like the fact that when Spain also put Muslims under the Inquisition doesn't lessen the fact that they were antisemitic

If that's your worse case scenario, that will be infinitely better than the story that spurned this thread.

however closing down entire professions to Orthodox Jews is acceptable?
showing why these laws are antisemitic and evil

Jews historically willing accepted discrimination and many times even gave our lives rather than abandon Judaism.
please explain to me why I should care one bit about what you just said.

If faced with a choice of anti discrimination laws that include both Judaism and practitioners of homosexuality (which force people to violate their religion by "marrying" same sex couples), or anti discrimination laws that exclude Judaism and practitioners of homosexuality.
I would pick the latter without any question.
My Judaism is not for sale

lol weak, weak, weak. You can't be for real, those are such weak responses. If you believe half of what you say, you're ridiculously hypocritical and selfish.

You say that's fine, you'll acccept discrimination. Again, you don't speak for most Jewish people, that much is clear. I don't care if you think they're legitimately Jewish or not, antisemites don't quite see it that way. But it's getting all jumbled thanks to your cutting up my post in your response because you wanted to be extra rude, so let's go over this:

1. You say Orthodox Jews should have the right to discriminate against gays and make money from it.

2. That's against the law, and that would be wrong.

3. You demand the law bend to your will.

4. I point out that if exceptions are made for you, they're made for everyone.

5. You don't care, you're more than willing to doom your fellow Jewish people (who again you don't speak for), that you don't even consider legit Jews (though, antisemites sure will) to dealing with discrimination, so long as Orthodox Jews can make a buck from their anti-gay bigotry. You're also more than willing to allow businesses that say their religious beliefs prohibit them from serving, say, black people to go right ahead, it's a free-for-all

6. At this point, I should point out how our government and voting works, and how the Jews you don't think are real Jews (oh but the rest of us disagree) vastly outnumber you (as does everyone else who stands to be a victim of discrimination under your ridiculous idea) and nobody is going to go along with this throwing open the floodgates to discriminate.

7. So, you've called illogic logic, and you've said anti-discrimination = discrimination like you're some kind of freshman philosophy major trying to come up with a real head-scratcher.

8. In the end, I don't really care what you think or what Orthodox Jews demand, the government doesn't have to bow to their demands. I have tried to reason with you and you're clearly immune to both reason and logic. You are selfish and you demand your religious beliefs get special preference over anyone else's beliefs. You do not believe in the rule of the law or have any respect for it. You just want to get your way and will call anyone who doesn't agree that you should be able to make money from your bigotry---a bigot(!) or accuse them of antisemitism. That is it.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. You have every right to open up a for-profit wedding hall in NYC as long as you follow the law.
And if the law would say wedding halls have to stay open 7 days a week
would you also say "You have every right to open up a for-profit wedding hall in NYC as long as you follow the law."

this law is antisemitic and whoever supports the law is also an antisemite

Quote:
2. You have every right to open the business, you just can't discriminate. Just like someone can't discriminate against you, you can't discriminate against others.
We didn't survive for 3,000 years to throw the Torah in the garbage if all Jews were like you we never would have survived the Babylonian exile.
The only thing that makes us Jews is the Torah, the reason Jews are hated by every group especially liberals is only because of the Torah, if we would have thrown away the Torah years ago you would never have face antisemitism because you wouldn't be Jewish.

better to be discriminated against or even murdered than to throw away the Torah whether it's the divinity of a person, circumcision, keeping the sabbath, or accepting homosexuality

Quote:
3. You have every right to believe whatever the hell you want to believe, regardless of if those who share your faith believe the same (many Orthodox would even disagree with your views). However, you aren't a Business. A Business must follow rules.
even if the law mandated staying open 7 days a week?

gays (and all supporters) are just continuing the long tradition of hating Jews that goes back all the way to Egypt.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:01 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
It’s a constitutionally protected right. If you don’t like it then shop elsewhere. 3% isn’t going to make a difference anyway yet you are deliberately going out of your way to do as much damage to decent hard working good people’s means of putting food on their tables and feed their families. Society needs to rise up and squelch this atrocity perpetrated by the homosexual and silence this behavior such that it cannot be accomplished in the future and permanently change the homosexuals’ sick hostile attitude against the religious and people of faith. The religious are more powerful and significantly more numerous globally and locally. So far they are being nice, why I do not know, as you are undeserving.

You hide behind religion to defend your prejudice. But the god I know would probably condemn you for not being accepting of those who are different from you. If the religious were more powerful then how do you explain the acceptance of same sex marriage in so many states.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Government bans against Jews, is worse than a private individuals ban against Jews
This law (under the current interpretation) bans Jews from owning a wedding hall all that's missing is the sign.
I would think more of you if you would put up that sign, showing the world what an antisemite you are, rather than hide behind gay "rights"
Signs banning Jews don't make it antisemitic banning Jews make it antisemitic.
in one case it's a private individual, in the other it's the government

I rather that happen than have the government ban all Orthodox Jews from owning wedding halls.
the latter is a much bigger threat To Jews than the former.

Why should I care Jews shouldn't be using their swimming pool anyways, In fact Jews who were worried about Country Club antisemitism typically ignored the much bigger threats to jews. Jews who fought a lot against Country Club's antisemitism did less then nothing about the Holocaust and other real issues

I will be the biggest fighter against getting rid of Jews from anti discrimination laws provided we can also get rid of LGBTs from anti discrimination laws.

The Government isn't banning anybody from owning a Business, regardless of what their religion is. What is not allowed is a business discriminating.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:03 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
And if the law would say wedding halls have to stay open 7 days a week
would you also say "You have every right to open up a for-profit wedding hall in NYC as long as you follow the law."

this law is antisemitic and whoever supports the law is also an antisemite

We didn't survive for 3,000 years to throw the Torah in the garbage if all Jews were like you we never would have survived the Babylonian exile.
The only thing that makes us Jews is the Torah, the reason Jews are hated by every group especially liberals is only because of the Torah, if we would have thrown away the Torah years ago you would never have face antisemitism because you wouldn't be Jewish.

better to be discriminated against or even murdered than to throw away the Torah whether it's the divinity of a person, circumcision, keeping the sabbath, or accepting homosexuality

even if the law mandated staying open 7 days a week?

gays (and all supporters) are just continuing the long tradition of hating Jews that goes back all the way to Egypt.
A law banning discimination is not the same as a law mandating staying open 7 days a week.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
no I'm saying that Jews who force other Jews to accept homosexuality (including renting out a wedding hall, bake a wedding cake) are anti-semetic

if a heretical Jew is in favor of homosexuality and would preform the "wedding" themselves or even be gay themselves but doesn't impose their evil on others they are not a antiSemite

1. I can't legally open a for profit wedding hall in NYC without risking being sued by antisemitic gay terrorists
2. Orthodox Jews are much more in danger of being discriminated against legally through pro gay anti discrimination laws that prevent us from opening businesses, than we are of people refusing to sell us things because were Jewish

just like it was the law in many countries that Jews can not own certain businesses.

I'm sure you would also defend following the laws in every other antisemitic country
the USSR's law was that Jews have to work on shabbos!
the USSA's law is that for profit businesses have to support homosexuality!
both laws are antisemitic and supporters of them are anti semites!
You are carrying this out of hand, dear. You find anything to claim that gays are antisemitic, but it is you that is anti gay. This tread is about a business that was open to the public, something you do not seem to understand. No business, gay, straight, jewish, christian or what ever, has the right to discriminate. But you want to make it that the laws are antisemitic. Not at all. You or any other religion or religious person or even an atheist cannot use their religion or beliefs to discriminate. PERIOD. Anyone that wants to use their religion to judge and condemn others not like them have a big problem mentally.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:13 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

You hide behind religion to defend your prejudice. But the god I know would probably condemn you for not being accepting of those who are different from you. If the religious were more powerful then how do you explain the acceptance of same sex marriage in so many states.
The God that you know… Perhaps you do not know the Supreme Entity as well as you think that you do. I don’t have any issue with the homosexual and might surprise you that I actually know some. Where the homosexual does cause issue is targeting, attacking and bullying the religious and people of faith. Homosexualized “marriage” in a handful of states is a charity granted by society that goes unappreciated and perhaps should be rescinded. Stop attacking the religious and people of faith and society will smile upon you and you may just experience a tad more tolerance of you and your lifestyle.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:16 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The God that you know… Perhaps you do not know the Supreme Entity as well as you think that you do. I don’t have any issue with the homosexual and might surprise you that I actually know some. Where the homosexual does cause issue is targeting, attacking and bullying the religious and people of faith. Homosexualized “marriage” in a handful of states is a charity granted by society that goes unappreciated and perhaps should be rescinded. Stop attacking the religious and people of faith and society will smile upon you and you may just experience a tad more tolerance of you and your lifestyle.
lol

Nobody openly talks like a bigot in a Hollywood film or a bully from a 1980s movie.

Don't troll us. Or at least make it more entertaining by threatening to tear down the gays' youth center unless the head gay can beat you in a breakdancing contest.

LMAO!

Old 10-27-2014, 10:20 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
You keep using the word terrorist... I do not think it means what you think it means.
Terrorist | Define Terrorist at Dictionary.com
supporters of antidisrcimination laws clearly covered

Quote:
If you want to marry under a religious setting then you can do so in a church where you can hate on. If you mean to be for profit, then you will not have the right to discriminate.
You support the government saying NO ORTHODOX JEWS ALLOWED on owning wedding halls.
supporting the government saying NO ORTHODOX JEWS ALLOWED on owning wedding halls is antisemitic
wolf39us is ...

Quote:
Oh brother, that's one hell of a claim. You'll need to back that one up with some statistics.
Forcing Jews to either violate the Torah or not open a business is infinity worse than a antisemitic piece of garbage not letting a jew into a country club

Quote:
No such laws in this country.
not with those words anti discrimination laws ban all Orthodox Jews from owning wedding halls.

Quote:
Fundamental difference here is that legislation was specifically made to target Jews in the USSR.
officially it was to increase productivity, just like these antisemitic laws are officially to prevent discrimination they are really to force people to abandon their religions and accept homosexuality

Quote:
They were literally called Anti-Jewish Pogroms.
Pogroms have nothing to do with what I'm talking about, different anti semites same goal (as you too) eradicate Judaism

Quote:
The USA is creating laws to PREVENT discrimination in businesses.
unless the owner is religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies