Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:11 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The point is not moot.

The burden of proof is on you. Prove to me the constitution is irrelevant and only citizens deemed "worthy" should be allowed to vote.
there is no burden of proof. it's simple. show an ID. just like when these people buy lottery tickets, cigarettes, and alcohol. ever heard the old saying "beggars can't be choosers?" why should parasites be able to choose how my money is spent? I am saying they can, just show an ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:12 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Great point. Blind faith in democrats has really been a disaster for the black community.

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
there is no burden of proof. it's simple. show an ID. just like when these people buy lottery tickets, cigarettes, and alcohol. ever heard the old saying "beggars can't be choosers?" why should parasites be able to choose how my money is spent? I am saying they can, just show an ID.
You also need a photo ID for welfare etc...

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Think about absurd talking points that you were fed before you post them.

There are plenty of constitutionally protected rights where you are required to have a photo ID to exercise them.

Buying guns, to run for president, to travel outside the nation, etc...
It is pretty explicit.

You need to have a damn good reason to disenfranchise millions of people over your imaginary voter fraud threat.

Even then.. you still haven't proven that a photo ID will prevent voter fraud. You also haven't proven that voter fraud is an issue. It occurs in 1 out of every 14.6 million votes.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times
still waiting for 1 rational argument against ID.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
It's not required.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
still waiting for 1 rational argument against ID.
Funny, still waiting for one rational argument for photo ID voting and the wasteful government spending.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
I have never been asked to see my photo ID when buying lottery tickets. Heck, cigarettes and alcohol you will stop getting asked for your ID when you look old enough. I rarely get carded these days when I buy alcohol, and my father in law never gets asked for his ID when buying cigarettes.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:16 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, they didn't. They offered free ID's only at the DMV and restricted its ours. They also cut early voting and made absentee requirements more stringent.

Providing a free ID would be how my state does it; mailing my voter registration card to my residence, free of charge.

Want an ID? Mail it to every citizen.
PA did not restrict its hours for free IDs.

There were toll numbers for getting free lifts.

The poor already likely had an ID as they need it for food stamps, welfare, etc...

Democrats know that honest elections wouldn't be as helpful.

States that enacted photo IDs saw an increase in poor voters and minority voters...because it wasn't restricting honest voters and the Democrats fired them up with BS about them being disenfranchised.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:16 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then why not just support a National Photo ID that we all get at the age of 18 then have that ID be required for things that involve city, state, and federal things? That would solve any issue with photo IDs when it comes to voting, that would make it so everyone has a universal National ID.
I have my ID. I need it for lots of stuff. ID's are about $5. lots of states even give seniors free ID's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies