Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:51 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you don't vote, but you think a photo ID should be required for those that do vote? What other things do you not do, but think you know what should be required?

What confuses me is when people who don't vote tries to get involved in voting topics. Maybe we should turn this into a "why do people not vote" thread.
it's simple. I have voted in the past for 3rd parties. it's a waste of my time. the only reason I did it was to say that I did. I can not vote and say that I did if I want, and that would waste less of my time. I think a photo ID is just common sense. before this became an "issue" I actually thought it was required to begin with. I was shocked to learn that it wasn't required. stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Ding Ding Ding!!!! We have a winnner!

NC - went blue in 2008

NC - went red in 2012 and Retained supermajorities in both statehouses.

In fact, NC was one of eight GOP states to pass or tightened voter ID laws since the GOP wave in 2010.

Actually NC went Red in 2012 because more Republicans showed up to the polls to vote. Obama made the same amount of voters come out to vote in 2008 and 2012.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's simple. I have voted in the past for 3rd parties. it's a waste of my time. the only reason I did it was to say that I did. I can not vote and say that I did if I want, and that would waste less of my time. I think a photo ID is just common sense. before this became an "issue" I actually thought it was required to begin with. I was shocked to learn that it wasn't required. stay on topic.
What would a photo ID accomplish and why not just require a National Photo ID?

Old 10-20-2014, 04:03 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Montana requires a photo ID when voting at the polling place.
Montana requires the voter to SIGN IN at the polling place.
Montana has a referendum on the ballot to close voter registration at the close of business the Friday before Election Day. The opponents say it will disenfranchise seniors and veterans. I am both, and I have not been disenfranchised.
The opponents are lying!
I plan to vote FOR the referendum.
I do not agree with ANY of the arguments against requiring an ID to vote.
They are, IMO, ALL ridiculous!
Requiring an ID that is FREE is in NO WAY a poll tax, and is NOT unconstitutional!
This!

Old 10-20-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
it would accomplish common sense. no national ID, because not everyone votes. we're talking about an ID to vote, not a national ID for no reason. we're talking about an ID to do something. I don't think you should be required to have a driver's license if you don't drive a car.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
ok ok. you convinced me. no ID to vote, as long as no ID is required to buy assault rifles.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
ok ok. you convinced me. no ID to vote, as long as no ID is required to buy assault rifles.
Or anything else for that matter. Hope he/she will enjoy the outcome of all of this.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Illegal Mexicans can't vote. They aren't citizens.
That's kinda the premise behind voter id. We know they vote illegally. We don't know to what extent. Thanks for keeping up.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
If illegals were voting, Texas and other Mexican border states would have gone blue because of illegals from Mexico voting.
Maybe they vote Red... Maybe Texas would be Blue if the conservative, illegal Hispanics didn't cancel out a Blue vote.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
it would accomplish common sense. no national ID, because not everyone votes. we're talking about an ID to vote, not a national ID for no reason. we're talking about an ID to do something. I don't think you should be required to have a driver's license if you don't drive a car.
Then one should be able to get an ID at places that aren't the DMV. It is interesting that you support one form of wasteful government spending but not the other when they would accomplish the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies