Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

The cartels may not be trying to blow us up but they are effectively terrorizing and devestating the USA by supplying gangs with guns and drugs to turn our our country into killing ground. these actions raise public opinion against firearm ownership due to the territorial gang violence.

If a push pin was placed in a map to indicate each incident of violence you would see clusters as opposed to widespread distribution. These clusters represent centers of gang activity and probably 90 something percent of the violence that firearm legislation totally ignores at a cost to law abiding gun owners.

So in conclusion the cartels are doing more to chip away at our feedom, gun ownership and quality of life than isis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Tell this to the innocent people killed or sold into sex slave trade. Drug cartel is involved with many innocent victims, most being children.

Prohibition only encourages a black market, and all sorts of criminal activity. I'm not condoning those activities, but we really do need to rethink our policies regarding drugs. The funny thing is we could feasibly send our military into Mexico, and Latin America to wipe out the cartels. I mean, we have no problem sending our military to the middle east and meddling in their affairs, propping up nations and other regimes, who later on turn against us anyway. At any rate, the US won't do that, because it means loss of profit for special interests like the Prison Industrial Complex, and Big Pharma that continue to lobby to keep the neverending drug war alive to keep the profits flowing. Total hypocrisy!

Old 10-22-2014, 08:34 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Prohibition only encourages a black market, and all sorts of criminal activity. I'm not condoning those activities, but we really do need to rethink our policies regarding drugs. The funny thing is we could feasibly send our military into Mexico, and Latin America to wipe out the cartels. I mean, we have no problem sending our military to the middle east and meddling in their affairs, propping up nations and other regimes, who later on turn against us anyway. At any rate, the US won't do that, because it means loss of profit for special interests like the Prison Industrial Complex, and Big Pharma that continue to lobby to keep the neverending drug war alive to keep the profits flowing. Total hypocrisy!
Agreed-well said.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
THIS^^^^^^^^^

It's such an obvious reality of truth that I wonder how anyone, even here in CD, can actually defend how 60,000 people killed in just a decade isn't a danger. It's becoming nonsensical and irrational!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
THIS^^^^^^^^^

It's such an obvious reality of truth that I wonder how anyone, even here in CD, can actually defend how 60,000 people killed in just a decade isn't a danger. It's becoming nonsensical and irrational!

It's total hypocrisy! Think about this too.... while the Mafia is still around, they are in no way shape or from as large or have the presence that they once had. What killed them was when they engaged in the drug trade. That was a no-no to the government, as they profit from keeping the drug war alive and well.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:31 PM

Cartel members kidnap, kill citizen journalist in Mexico and tweet photo of her body - San Antonio Express-News

Old 10-23-2014, 01:30 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,037,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Talk is cheap! You are just repeating the media narrative you have heard so many times. They need to instill fear in the public in order to manufacture consent for WAR. Wake the hell up! How long will you be kept in fear?

The cartels have KILLED and BEHEADED many, many, many more people. They have killed more journalists too. They have kidnapped and recruited more children, they have tens of thousands of captured slaves.

300 AMERICANS have been killed by cartels while only 3 have been killed by ISIL.
Cartels only kill ppl that pose a threat to their profits.... innocent ppl just get in the way at times.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Cartels only kill ppl that pose a threat to their profits.... innocent ppl just get in the way at times.
That doesn't change the fact that as a whole the cartels pose a greater threat to Americans than ISIL. And saying that cartels only kill those that "pose a threat to their profit" is not really the truth-children that were kidnapped and braisnwashed posed a threat to their profit? Slaves they captured pose a threat to their profit? Citizen journalist pose a threat to their profit? (Ok, that one I can see).

I think you don't understand just how violent these cartels are and how they have infiltrated Government, Police and Media.

Just because there is a media blackout doesn't mean it's not happening. Shut off the TV and read articles online.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Drug cartel hitman confesses to up to 40 murders in US - Telegraph

DANGEROUS MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL INVADES THE UNITED STATES | LibertyNEWS.com

Violence along the South West border is expected to increase as Los Zetas lures new recruits into its ranks. Among its targets for recruitment are U.S. prison and street gangs as well as former military and law enforcement officers, reports The Washington Times.
The gang was originally created as highly trained Mexican anti-drug commandos, but degenerated into mercenaries for the Gulf Cartel. The gang quickly became known within the Mexican drug war for their brutal tactics like hanging the bodies of rivals over city bridges.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:23 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Witness links gang to machete slaying of Houston teen - Houston Chronicle

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/22/wo...-in-texas.html

As Mexico opens oil to foreign investment, industry plagued by cartels stealing billions | Fox News Latino

She Tweeted Against the Mexican Cartels. They Tweeted Her Murder. - The Daily Beast

I could post articles like this all day and never run out of material. These cartels are just as bad as ISIS, and they're committing crimes in this country all the time.

What I think is strange is how you will see a spate of stories about "kick-in burglaries" in Houston that nearly always involve people with Spanish names, and they will never tell the real story on the news. I noticed it a couple of years ago where we had homeowners shot with kids alive but tied up in the bedroom, all the family getting tied up, or people getting killed. Why won't the news call it what it is? Political correctness? I don't know, but it's disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies