Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:58 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,812,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Cook County Voting Machine Miscasts Candidate's Vote - Illinois Review

More voter fraud that doesn't exist according to the liberals.

Sigh.

How shocking that this happened in Cook County.
Is the fraud the change of the vote, or knowing the results of the vote before election day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 12:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:

Sigh.

For the record. The vote wasn't actually cast.

Early voting problems arise in Cook County suburbs - DailyHerald.com

The machines do need to be calibrated. Every time I have used this type of machine they have presented me with a screen showing how my votes would be cast. A voter needs to may attention, particularly on touch screen machines.

The candidate notified the election official of the problem and the machine was fixed (calibrated).

Clearly I have no evidence whether or not this was intentional or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are issues with touch screen machines every election.

Tell me though, how would a requirement for a photo id have prevented this type of situation?

Old 10-21-2014, 02:06 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This evil liberul has actually been fairly consistent in arguing that it's really goddamn stupid to outsource the tabulation of votes to companies in the private sector, but would the "All government is evil" crowd listen? Of course not. So now the way your elections are actually held is a freakin' trade secret belonging to private companies. Great work, guys! - at least the government isn't involved.

As the CEO of Diebold said in 2004: ""I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." And so they did. Of course, this was GWB and so the right was all hunky-dory.
Anyone who still has confidence in "the government" after seeing the gargantuan abuses of power by this administration is a complete imbecile.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:18 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Are both of you so misinformed to not understand I was giving you some ammunition to use in your argument?

Illinois is one of the most gerrymandered states in the country. Illinois and Maryland are the two states most gerrymandered by Democrats. Most gerrymandering is done by Republicans, but Democrats are just as bad in those two states.

So yes... I threw you a lifeline. Be upset about Illinois being gerrymandered blue forever. It is much more detrimental to your cause than the 1 out of every 14.6 million cases of voter fraud.
most Gerrymandering is done by the democrats...has been for 100 years....dems invented it

Old 10-21-2014, 02:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Tell me though, how would a requirement for a photo id have prevented this type of situation?
id woundnt prevent this.... but id would prevent a person who resides in another district from voting in a district that may have a closer race

id shows WHO you are and that you are voting in the proper place....

the unfortunate thing is liberals think they can vote anywhere, and as many times as they like....that's why they are against id

Old 10-21-2014, 02:28 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times
Cook(ed) County -- isn't that the county that Barack Obama slithered out of?

Old 10-21-2014, 06:09 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Anyone who still has confidence in "the government" after seeing the gargantuan abuses of power by this administration is a complete imbecile.
Well, then enjoy your outsourced and paid-for elections.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,318 times
Quote:

Sigh.

How do you know the candidate isn't just a complete moron or a liar? He is a Republican after all.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:25 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,405,302 times
I wish I could find the old article but at one point California had ordered up a number of the Deibold voting machines and had them sent to Cal Tech and they set them up like a voting center and asked the engineering students to walk in like votes and mess with the machines using everyday common items. One student brought in a water bottle full of Windex, squirted it into the slot where the paper backup was recording votes, made the paper turn black and unreadable. No more Deibold voting machines.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times
Quote:
Yep. How many urban precincts are going to have 100% voter turnout with 100% votes cast for the Democrat? Probably all of them.

That would be too obvious, the sneaky thing would be to program the machine to record every fourth vote as a Democrat vote regardless of how it was cast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies