Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
My experience is just the opposite. But I would never unfriend or block these people who are personal friends. I just skip some of their posts. Never respond.

How can you say it is only republicans who post spam and propaganda? Have you seen every single post on Facebook? Maybe it's that way on your feed, but not everyone's.
I have not unfriended anyone either. I am obviously talking about the people in my own FB circle, and like I said most of the people there are conservatives. My democrat friends are not that much into politics, which probably explains why they don't bother with the political spam, while many of the conservative ones are very much into politics.

The people I have unfriended were for non-political reasons. I do not tolerate inappropriate pictures, or comments (like racist jokes etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 17 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,827,812 times
I tend to be moderate in my beliefs, so the way I view my liberal/conservative friends is this:

Far-left liberals tend to be dismissive, insufferable a**holes.

Far-right conservatives tend to be judgemental a**holes.

I have a very difficult time with either group, honestly, especially when the far-right plays the religion card or the far-left plays the "everything-is-racism-if-I-feel-it-is" card.

The larger problem for society is that the 2 parties have devolved into extremist organizations. I view politics like alcohol -- everything is better in moderation.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:17 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What kind of bigotry are we talking about here? Bigotry vs. gays and minorities or one of the acceptable kind vs. christians?
I have never, ever, heard a liberal trying to take away the rights of christians. Ever. Or protesting Christians outside of a church. The vast majority of liberals have religious people in their families who they love. Using Christianity to justify ones bigotry though is completely unacceptable.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:33 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,065,510 times
At least consistent conservatives and consistent liberals (like everyone else) are united in their distrust of Buzzfeed.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,087,037 times
Conservatives try to annoy liberals deliberately so that they can play the "I'm a conservative victim" card when shunned.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:44 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,589,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I have never, ever, heard a liberal trying to take away the rights of christians. Ever. Or protesting Christians outside of a church. The vast majority of liberals have religious people in their families who they love. Using Christianity to justify ones bigotry though is completely unacceptable.
Apparently you've never heard of Christians' right to have everyone agree with them all the time.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,323,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Christian Couple Forced to Close Bakery Due to Gay Activism May Face Over $150K in Damages

Couple ordered to shut down home bible study - or face $500 per meeting fines | Daily Mail Online

Councils are BANNED from saying prayers before meetings sparking fury of Government and church leaders | Daily Mail Online

That was from 30 seconds with google.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:34 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ending a relationship on Facebook or other social media because of politics is not the same as ending a friendship in real life. Not wanting to be subjected to daily political posts you disagree with doesn't show intolerance.
How about the girl that I know that gave up her job because she got ticked about someone complaining about their insurance rates going up. (Obama lover of course)

When the girl paying more who's insurance went up said, hey why don't I just hand you my money to buy your insurance the Obama lover went ballistic. Everyone around stopped to watch the show and laughed their asses off at her. They said the Obama lover is an ass, good riddance.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:46 PM

29,471 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Political Polarization & Media Habits | Pew Research Center's Journalism Project

FTA:By contrast, those with consistently liberal views:
Are more likely than those in other ideological groups to block or “defriend” someone on a social network – as well as to end a personal friendship – because of politics.

One reason I don't talk politics with my liberal friends and coworkers.
I have never deleted a conservative because of their political views, but plenty of them have deleted me. and based on the results of the survey itself, the very notion is misleading as Conservatives are less likely to be friends with people who disagree with them politically, there for , negating the need to delete friends you never added in the first place.

But honestly, the word political is general here.

Its not a political view to say " all gay people are going to hell ."

Also, People need to stop pretending like Conservatives dont spread propaganda, especially the ones who post it here.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Also, People need to stop pretending like Conservatives dont spread propaganda, especially the ones who post it here.
The difference is conservatives understand that ALL politicians spread propaganda. You leftie Obama lovers believe every word Obama or the liberal media spew. And it's like your a bunch of parrots... polly want a cracker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies