Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:32 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times

Advertisements

Those who control the money, print money and can create money own this country and most of the world.
This has been the case more recently since 1913 with the FED creation of a central bank and the income tax.
They have many names, family names and many connections to how our government works and why warfare and welfare keep the government and people dependent and in fear.
When the time is right bubbles the FED creates will crash.. Banks (THE FED) will bail themselves out. <---- if you really think about where the money comes from it was created from nothing and is replaced with nothing as long as the Us government and citizens pay taxes it is worth something. The only assets that are real wealth are gold, silver, land and property. Long ago you could go into a bank IE in 1935 bring in your paper money and say give me the gold or silver value.
Gold and Silver was removed form circulation by the government with the FED and outlawed it as currency. IE they control the money supply and what currency is, see first statement. Land is mostly federal and or state and local government owns that and most people have a mortgage they own your house and your car.

When it all crashes and it will soon. Banks always win because they can print money, they own just about everything and in the end government will protect the banks "who provide them the funds" to defend and apply civil marshal law and to collect the taxes from the people and support SS checks and welfare. When the FED (central bank) was created all money started to become political money and all money once it was removed form GOLD and currency was removed from people, the people lost the right to retain the value of their dollar and the fruit of their labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Why else would federal agencies be stockpiling ammunition like crazy and be trying to prevent citizens from doing the same?
The collapse will be in the banking industry. But the Fed will be there to "help" pick up the pieces. I'm sure they'll gladly lend the money to keep things going, maybe purchasing national assets( federal land) at fire sale prices.
The ammo "stockpiling" has been looooooong debunked.....hell even the editor of national rifleman has explained that it's hoarding and profiteering. If you doubt this then you don't have many friends that shoot guns.

Prevent citizens from stockpiling ammo? WTF dude. I know guys that have more ammo than they will shoot in their remaining years and production is through the roof.

I know guys buying ammo for calibre's THEY DON'T OWN because it's available.

LOL.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It will be a war with China that is the impetus for global collapse. If trade between China and the US stops, the world will be in for a world of economic hurt.
The Chinese elite that control that country also OWN those companies that rely on US purchases. (and vice versa). Ditto for the US.

So, I'm trying to puzzle out how war is going to break out between two NUCLEAR powers that have hugely imbedded trade relationships enriching both countries elite.

We never fought the Russians (nukes) despite no trade with them so I'm wondering what your scenario is for the US vs. China war? They aren't even communist anymore other than in "title".

Old 10-22-2014, 05:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I agree, if there were to be a collapse somewhere, I'd bet on some of the weaker economies in southern Europe.
It has already been collapsing/imploding. Has anyone not been looking at the news? I think people have some sort of preconceived idea about what a "collapse" looks like. Clearly EM are where things appear to be heading: that and the Penthouse. USD conversion would need to be done carefully. Nobody wants their investments ruined.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:11 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
You end-timers crack me up! Keep up the great work, because you help us optimists make more money. Y'all have been wrong for 238 years in a row, but don't stop.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You end-timers crack me up! Keep up the great work, because you help us optimists make more money. Y'all have been wrong for 238 years in a row, but don't stop.
It's not looking too good so why are you optimistic? Are you because you're in and have to believe or? If you aren't in, are you so optimistic would you get in today?

Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's not looking too good so why are you optimistic? Are you because you're in and have to believe or? If you aren't in, are you so optimistic would you get in today?
Or is it because we've heard these predictions over and over and over for DECADES.

Throw in all the crazy conspiracy stuff about ammo or FEMA camps blah blah blah.

Also, every time a presidents 2nd term is about to end we get the "declare martial law" meme.

Half the time it's just people like Alex Jones pushing whatever scare will sell his sponsors sh*t on his website.

Radiation stuff to sell? Claim the nuke plant in Nebraska\Iowa is melting down and the govt. is covering it up. Claim the DC earthquake was really a nuke test....lol.

Then he shifts over to economic collapse to push gold\silver...

Or GMO's or whatnot to push water filters and food stockpiles.

In short, a whole bunch of the fear tactics are just salesmen fleecing the flock to buy their stuff.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:27 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Do you 'optimists' believe the TBTF banks are now able to function without extended infusions of printed money? Or do you think they will receive the printed money forever?

Because those are the only 2 options.

If one or the other, cite evidence to support your claim.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
To the deer woods, where I will have everything needed to survive for the rest of my life.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Or is it because we've heard these predictions over and over and over for DECADES.

Throw in all the crazy conspiracy stuff about ammo or FEMA camps blah blah blah.

Also, every time a presidents 2nd term is about to end we get the "declare martial law" meme.

Half the time it's just people like Alex Jones pushing whatever scare will sell his sponsors sh*t on his website.

Radiation stuff to sell? Claim the nuke plant in Nebraska\Iowa is melting down and the govt. is covering it up. Claim the DC earthquake was really a nuke test....lol.

Then he shifts over to economic collapse to push gold\silver...

Or GMO's or whatnot to push water filters and food stockpiles.

In short, a whole bunch of the fear tactics are just salesmen fleecing the flock to buy their stuff.

Amen, brother.

Just for fun, I looked up 'economic collapse' on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ix=econo%2Caps

A lot of people want to make money off the frightened gullible sheeple.

When I was in college in the 1970s there were plenty of books warning of the Horrors of the Coming Economic Collapse ("We are no longer on the gold standard!"). Yet, the world continues jogging on.

What did P.T. Barnum say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies