Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:57 AM

6,248 posts, read 5,039,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Lets see, unemployment is at it's lowest level in 14 years. The deficit is shrinking, first time since Clinton. Many of the troops have come home from Bush's "oil wars". But I agree that obamacare is a mess, maybe if he hadn't based it on Romney's idea?
Good Lord, the deflection in this thread is unbelievable.

Politicians on both sides lie. Republican presidents in the past f'd up. We get it.

But this isn't a freakin' football game where we cheer for our teams. We're talking about civil service representatives (from bottom to top), who we pay to represent us. Get it? They do a job and we pay them for their services. Like we pay our plumber to unclog our pipes.

There should be no cheerleading. There should be no score keeping. There should be no good guys and no bad guys. There should be civil servants who represent us and a public who demands results and accountability.

Instead we get sh*t sandwiches for politicians and excuse making and deflecting by us.

And we wonder why we are in the mess we are in. Suck it, people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 12:57 AM

26,879 posts, read 15,095,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If that were true, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney would be indistinguisable from Old Yeller.

They lied about WMD and got us into a war that we'll be in for decades.

Obama "lied" because he failed to acknowledge that even though his legislation (ACA) would allow you to keep your insurance if you liked it, that he had no control over insurance companies dropping your policy so they can rape you for even more money for their shareholders, and their CEO's.

So yeah, both parties lie, but I don't recall anyone being put down like a rabid dog.

I'll end this post the way I end most of mine. Both parties are guilty. I'm not giving the Dems a pass. I honestly believe it's impossible to get to Washington Level Politics without first selling your soul. Applies to both sides.

You defend Obama by pointing fingers at others and then proceed to lie for Obama.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:00 AM

26,879 posts, read 15,095,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That's another Obama lie. What do you think the Black unemployment rate is ? How about the real out of work rate ?

Just another Obama lie. Nothing he has done has created jobs.

Most of the real numbers that have improved are thanks to Texas themselves, not Obama's policies.
Of course he takes credit for the accomplishments of one of his arch-enemies.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 AM

7,434 posts, read 5,695,166 times
Quote:
Lets see, unemployment is at it's lowest level in 14 years. The deficit is shrinking, first time since Clinton. Many of the troops have come home from Bush's "oil wars". But I agree that obamacare is a mess, maybe if he hadn't based it on Romney's idea?
You have to start thinking for yourselves and stop believing everything Obama tells you. The guy is a pathological liar. Why wold anyone believe a word that comes out of his mouth? Do you have any idea about the changes they made to calculate these numbers? Do you know what they did to try and make the GDP look better? Do you realie it still sucked?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 AM

58,599 posts, read 26,908,480 times
Quote:
If that were true, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney would be indistinguisable from Old Yeller.

They lied about WMD and got us into a war that we'll be in for decades.

Obama "lied" because he failed to acknowledge that even though his legislation (ACA) would allow you to keep your insurance if you liked it, that he had no control over insurance companies dropping your policy so they can rape you for even more money for their shareholders, and their CEO's.

So yeah, both parties lie, but I don't recall anyone being put down like a rabid dog.

I'll end this post the way I end most of mine. Both parties are guilty. I'm not giving the Dems a pass. I honestly believe it's impossible to get to Washington Level Politics without first selling your soul. Applies to both sides.
"They lied about WMD and got us into a war that we'll be in for decades."

THAT, is a lie!

Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
How about, "I will not raise taxes", oh sorry that was a Republican.
Yes H bush said that but, you might want to check the context and the dems part in this little folly.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
"The deficit is shrinking, first time since Clinton." Wrong.

The deficit under W was going down UNTIL the DEMS took control of Congress.

" maybe if he hadn't based it on Romney's idea" Wrong AGAIN. THAT lie has been very soundly debunked many times over.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 AM

20,406 posts, read 12,304,844 times
Quote:

your political whining does not constitute a lie on the part of the former president.

Mr Bushs team did not lie. they worked with the evidence they had.
Evidence that EVERY democrat in congress agreed was real.
Evidence that was believed by our allies.

Period.

You guys even lie about republicans lying. its not funny.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:34 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,103,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Don't worry. Distancing Dems are lying."

"If you didn’t know better, you’d think that President Obama was actually trying to hurt red-state Democrats. First he contradicted the candidates in a dozen Senate races from Alaska to Georgia who claimed his policies weren’t on the ballot. “Make no mistake,” the president said at a campaign stop on Oct. 2, “[his] policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them.” The message: A vote for a Democrat is a vote for his agenda. Pretty bad when the president’s policies are consistently unpopular, right? And viewers are already hearing the line repeated in campaign ads. But Democrats were at least still free to disagree with him and highlight their disagreements. Back in Chicago on Monday, though, Obama closed off even that line of retreat."

So, don't believe those Dems who claim to be backing away from Obama's policies. They are doing it for a reason. They will support him after the election, just the same. They are lying to you.

Shorter Obama: Don
That's his mantra to illegals and those that support the immigration reform policies he wants to push through. If government is gearing up to print 37 million green cards, you can be sure that his immigration reform policies would be on the ballot. Maybe he's thinking of running in 2016??

Old 10-23-2014, 08:54 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,103,858 times
Quote:
We have more part time jobs ever in history. Eliminate one full time job and find two people who are willing to take a part time job (because of Obamacare) and that adds one more person employed. There are people working 2 and 3 part time jobs to survive, when there was a time that they could live better and have a better quality of life when they worked one job. Granted food stamp enrollment expanded under Bush, but under Obama the enrollment expansion jumped 70%. More Americans today depend on one or more means of government assistance. When unemployment benefits run out for people they are no longer considered unemployed. Disability claims exploded under Obama.

Are you willfully ignoring facts or just not aware of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies