Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:57 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whats your point exactly? Before drones it was bombers, and missiles. Shrug. You seem upset that we arent what? going in and droning these folks, or upset about us doing it in the past? Which one? Did you get upset when we bombed libya too? Killed some kids that time too as I recall.
As my point sails over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
As my point sails over your head.
Maybe you should read again my first post. I really dont care what they are doing.

As for us using drones, hey guess what? military conflicts cause causalities....not all of them bad guys. Im not going to grieve about that either. Its called being realistic and understanding why military conflict should be a last resort.

Theres no hypocrisy here, so I am trying to understand your point. help me out, why am I a hypocrite.

Mind you, im not saying i like any of these things, im just saying that one is none of our business, and the other is a reality of warfare. Not a big fan of that either.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
This is beyond sick - and to make matters even more disturbing, her father was overseeing and approving the murder of his own daughter!

then if you read further into this article, they blame the husband of the woman for leaving her alone and that men should treat women well

these are the same FILTH that rape and women and CHILDREN and keep them as sex slaves.

It's a sick world.

[nothing you can reasonably do about it]

Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its none of our business, but thats what your commander in chief does. Do you not see the hypocrisy at being outraged over a senseless stoning murder while sitting silent when obama routinely kills women, children and innocent people with drones?
Unfortunately, innocent people have always been killed in times of conflict. This is how it's always been.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It's a sick world.

[nothing you can reasonably do about it]
Why not just drone 'em?

Operation Just Accuracy

Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whats your point exactly? Before drones it was bombers, and missiles. Shrug. You seem upset that we arent what? going in and droning these folks, or upset about us doing it in the past? Which one? Did you get upset when we bombed libya too? Killed some kids that time too as I recall.
Actually, he means that it's nice and all to make a big deal about stoning..while you send drones over to bomb innocent people..

Old 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Unfortunately, innocent people have always been killed in times of conflict. This is how it's always been.
Yeah, but the world has evolved to the point that indiscriminate killing should be behind us.

Not to mention that we shouldn't be using these drones anyway in the places we're using them.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Why not just drone 'em?

Operation Just Accuracy
Because it wouldn't stop others of like mind from doing the same thing in the future. Drones won't change a thing. Except make us warm and fuzzy believing we did something meaningful.

[warm and fuzzy is for the naïve]

Old 10-22-2014, 09:35 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because it wouldn't stop others of like mind from doing the same thing in the future. Drones won't change a thing. Except make us warm and fuzzy believing we did something meaningful.

[warm and fuzzy is for the naïve]
Is stoning the only socially acceptable violence these people are allowed?

Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottkuzminski View Post
Not sure, but evidentally Christ was against it(the "throwing the first stone" deal)....sounds like something you might not want to do in polite company for sure..
He wasn't too fond of the money changers either but many here hold them up as shining examples of industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies