Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times

Advertisements

Wait until the day a group of muslims pull out semi autos in Times Square or some similar place and start mowing down people. The cops on duty will have nothing to defend themselves, or us, but there handguns. The devastation will be tremendous. It would be an easy terrorist attack and they wont mind dying to get their virgins in Paradise.

But Im sure if the cops were armed better we would hear all about the militarization of the police force. Sure I feel protected by the beat copy with his mace and one gun on his hip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Wait until the day a group of muslims pull out semi autos in Times Square or some similar place and start mowing down people. The cops on duty will have nothing to defend themselves, or us, but there handguns. The devastation will be tremendous. It would be an easy terrorist attack and they wont mind dying to get their virgins in Paradise.

But Im sure if the cops were armed better we would hear all about the militarization of the police force. Sure I feel protected by the beat copy with his mace and one gun on his hip.
I posted about this earlier ... I am amazed it hasent happened yet. This is especially worrying because the NYPD's elite Emergency Services Unit only has about 400 officers and they obviously don't have them all on duty at once.

And not only the human costs but something like this would more or less bring the economy to a halt in the affected area due to public panic.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That little detail "changed" today. Security was beefed up at US War Memorials.
Team Obama's standard reactionary response.
Better late than never at all.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:37 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Our thoughts and sympathies are with our canadian neighbors today. This could have easily happened to the White House or capital, or a school or us landmark. We need to stick together against terror.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 PM

This gives new impetus to the governments attempts to get Canadians on board for boots on the ground as Harper even mentioned in his address of an hour ago that instead of backing off, this will cause us instead to double down.

Gonna be interesting to watch for sure as a whole bunch of past governments of Canada have systematically marginalized our military. Now they may see the value in maintaining a state of readiness regardless of immediate threat or not.

Considering yesterday it was business as usual and today we're talking adding to the F18's we've already sent to Iraq, I view that turn around as nothing short of astounding. Now all we need to do is find enough serviceable aircraft to make good on his boast.

Years of allowing military to stagnate to then have to scurry to play catch-up will be a bitter pill for our conservative government to swallow. The Liberals and NDP are now between a rock and a hard place with the actuality of an event happening while they were meeting less than a hallway away and both their policies being to "make nice with the azzhats and maybe they'll ignore us".

I'm very curious to see how gunfire heard through the doorway will effect those party leaders. I bet there is more than one pair of steaming 'Y' fronts going into the laundry basket tonight.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This gives new impetus to the governments attempts to get Canadians on board for boots on the ground as Harper even mentioned in his address of an hour ago that instead of backing off, this will cause us instead to double down.

Gonna be interesting to watch for sure as a whole bunch of past governments of Canada have systematically marginalized our military. Now they may see the value in maintaining a state of readiness regardless of immediate threat or not.

Considering yesterday it was business as usual and today we're talking adding to the F18's we've already sent to Iraq, I view that turn around as nothing short of astounding. Now all we need to do is find enough serviceable aircraft to make good on his boast.

Years of allowing military to stagnate to then have to scurry to play catch-up will be a bitter pill for our conservative government to swallow. The Liberals and NDP are now between a rock and a hard place with the actuality of an event happening while they were meeting less than a hallway away and both their policies being to "make nice with the azzhats and maybe they'll ignore us".

I'm very curious to see how gunfire heard through the doorway will effect those party leaders.
Speaking of gunfire, have you heard who was doing all the shooting? There must be bullet holes all over the building.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
I did not catch Harper's address, just some excerpts. I hope he did not get up there and act like Obama does spending a good deal of his minutes telling the country that Islam is the "religion of peace" and trying to convince us that muslims are good people in the aggregate. We have seen enough here, in Iraq, Syria, in the UK, in Pakistan, and 10 other places including, now Canada, to make that argument ring pretty hollow.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:06 PM

The place is virtually all marble so bullet divots won't rub out easily.

The Sergeant At Arms is an ex-RCMP and at 6' 4" not a push over. I'm assuming here, without any factual back-up but Glock .40's are popular up here for LEO's and my thoughts are he emptied a full mag at/into the guy.

An electrical service guy who seemed to know what he was talking about witnessed the shooting of the Tomb guard and said the guy was carrying a double barrel shot-gun firing it point blank into the chest of the young reservist guard then raising both hands over his head with the shotgun in a "Hurrah" moment so he did get a good look at the weapon but time will tell if he knows one piece of pipe from another.

Mighta been a tad interesting to witness the cretin breaking the action to put a couple more up the spouts while that Mountie was stitching him a new zipper with his Glock.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Mass-shootings aren't usually islamic terrorists but I guess we shall see. Maybe they have a patsy ready to go haha.

oh yea this is so funny

Old 10-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I did not catch Harper's address, just some excerpts. I hope he did not get up there and act like Obama does spending a good deal of his minutes telling the country that Islam is the "religion of peace" and trying to convince us that muslims are good people in the aggregate. We have seen enough here, in Iraq, Syria, in the UK, in Pakistan, and 10 other places including, now Canada, to make that argument ring pretty hollow.
I only caught the last few minutes of his address and could be wrong but the words Islam & Muslim were never uttered that I'm aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies