Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:22 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Thanks for your honesty, that it's not medical, it's recreational. We know what the point is.

Amendment 2 is so poorly written that THC levels are unregulated; nothing medical about it.

It's an open declaration of the dishonesty of the supporters for pretending it's medical.

Organized crime.
Yes, it is a red carpet for organized crime. Do we need a repeat of what happened in Miami in 1980s? The murder capital of US!! No thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 03:38 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,928,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Thanks for your honesty, that it's not medical, it's recreational. We know what the point is.

Amendment 2 is so poorly written that THC levels are unregulated; nothing medical about it.

It's an open declaration of the dishonesty of the supporters for pretending it's medical.

Organized crime.
Any chemical or substance taken into the body should be considered carefully. However, the idea that cannabis studies and user reports don't suggest benefit is not accurate. Even THC has studies supporting benefits. However, most don't really support smoking as effective usage. White washing topics doesn't result in good discussions. There are people who have no interest in using MJ recreationally, but support it's availability medicinally. This is about quality of life and freedom to choose.

Marijuana compound may offer treatment for Alzheimer's disease, study suggests

How Cannabis Compound Could Slow Tumor Growth

Marijuana Shows Potential in Treating Autoimmune Disease

25 Percent Fewer Opioid-Related Deaths in States Allowing Medical Marijuana

Cannabis Prevents Negative Behavioral, Physiological Effects of Traumatic Events, Rat Study Shows

RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story - Full Length DVD HQ - YouTube

Old 10-22-2014, 09:25 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,459 times
There was a story in today's Los Angeles Times about an upcale retirement community in Laguna Woods (locatged in very conservative Orange County) where the residents are demanding a local dispensary. They didn't get it so they all joined a cooperative and the distributor comes to see them on a regular basis.

Seniors in Laguna Woods Village are craving medical marijuana - LA Times

Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The slippery slope.......start small, and keep adding. I should have known. Now I might have to drag myself to the polls after all.
Don't bother, it's a lock it's going to pass. Pot farms are already growing and many cities are already drawing up ordinances relating to pot store locations.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:52 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
While Dr. Branco acknowledges that marijuana can be effective to treat nausea in cancer/AIDS patients, and there is some evidence on the treatment of seizures, he does not support using marijuana to treat pain because there are risks involved.
Very excellent thread! I'd hate to have Dr. Branco treating my loved one, with his attitude, i.e. "Your suffering and pain are justified in view of the risks".

Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
They did not talk to me or anyone I know so I'm not so sure this is valid. MJ can play a role in the medical care industry but these pot clinics are a disaster in CA.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:24 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Don't bother, it's a lock it's going to pass. Pot farms are already growing and many cities are already drawing up ordinances relating to pot store locations.
It's not a lock. It needs 60% of votes to pass, and most marijuana addicts will be too lazy to go out and vote, while the law abiding tax-payers will vote against it.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:29 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
MJ does NOTHING for pain. I smoke and know this for a fact.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is a red carpet for organized crime. Do we need a repeat of what happened in Miami in 1980s? The murder capital of US!! No thanks

Ummm... FAIL!!! Prohibition is the red carpet to organized crime! Or are we going to fail to learn from history yet again?

Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
MJ does NOTHING for pain. I smoke and know this for a fact.
It does nothing for your pain. How do you know it does nothing for other peoples' pain? You do know that different body chemistries react differently to different medications don't you? That's why there are multiple medications for most purposes. A given patient may have an adverse reaction to one medication and be greatly helped by another medication when both medications are designed to produce the same effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies