Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:27 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Beyonce is so skanky and her husband in the audience with the huge grin on his face looks like her pimp.

Yeah, there is no way I would be with a woman, let alone marry one, who would go out on stage showing off her body to the world. Objectifying herself. Same goes to the hollywood crowd. My wife or gf would not be doing any love scenes, which are largely pointless anyways, simply so some dudes can watch it and get off on it.

As far as the little girls go, I dont know how anyone can defend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Aside from the swearing, nothing in this video is offensive. Certainly doesn't seem to be any hatred of men, at least not that I saw.

Also, what lies were told in the video? Women to get paid less, they are the largest demographic of rape victims, and women are expected to look 'better' than men. Those were the three main points, and each one of them is entirely true.

A lot of *uninformed* people, seem to equate feminism with male hatred. They seem to assume that everything is equal now an anybody who relates to feminism must just hate men.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,332 times
Meanwhile....

Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Meanwhile....
I would say that sign is equal to the video. Satisfied?

Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Meanwhile....
Who has defended that? I dont think Ive ran into anyone that defended that, so what exactly is your point?

Old 10-22-2014, 04:41 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
SEXIST!!! When statistics are not hand picked for an agenda, you can find more men, yes men, are victims of sexual assault.

By women or other MEN? Got anything to back up your claim?

Old 10-22-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yeah, there is no way I would be with a woman, let alone marry one, who would go out on stage showing off her body to the world. Objectifying herself. Same goes to the hollywood crowd.My wife or gf would not be doing any love scenes, which are largely pointless anyways, simply so some dudes can watch it and get off on it.

As far as the little girls go, I dont know how anyone can defend it.
Good for you, no one cares.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
By women or other MEN? Got anything to back up your claim?

It's a common line whenever you bring up the fact that women get raped more often, some ******* always has to whip out that old chestnut "Men get raped as well." Well no ****.......

Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Each of them is entirely worthless.

1. Pay inequality due to gender does not exist. The very same BLS report that contains the statistic about women getting paid less than men also says that it isn't due to gender. Women get paid less than men across all of society, yes. But women doing the same job as men with the same amount of seniority do not get paid less.

2. Women are the largest demographic of rape victim, yes. They are also the smallest demographic of every other form of violent crime. So while women are raped more, they are robbed, assaulted, and murdered less.

3. Women are expected to look better than men, yes. Men are expected to make more money than women. Men are expected to perform more physical labor than women. Men are expected to put their lives in danger more than women.

A large portion of the violence men seek is related to situations they put themselves in. Men are not anymore likely to be randomly killed than a woman. Men for example dominate the drug trades in inner cities, which is going to mean they are involved in far more violence. Women are also killed by mates far more often than men, which is something you neglected to point out.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:03 PM

Somehow I imagine if this video involved boys or men no one would be getting their panties all in a twist over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies