Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And do you know the difference between climate and weather? Climate scientists aren't in the business of telling if it will rain tomorrow or not.
yes yes yes, the new talking point..

if you dont believe in global warming, you dont knw the difference between climate and weather...

Its as if some people believe the temperature never changed before human existance..

Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If you are going to state Coleman is wrong then you must answer why those who say he's wrong, had to LIE to come to the conclusion you believe is correct.

Your failure to answer means you just bought into the talking points like everything else you post without giving it personal incite and doing your own research.
Well let me know when the hack journalist, Coleman, proves he is right. I am sure he has been doing lots of scientific research.

Let me know when you get your hands on Coleman's research, I would love to read it. I am sure he uses a great combination of crayons.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
yes yes yes, the new talking point..

if you dont believe in global warming, you dont knw the difference between climate and weather...

Its as if some people believe the temperature never changed before human existance..
Hardly a talking point, it is quite shocking the number of people who don't know the difference between the two.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
So now having a degree in journalism entitles one to pretend they are a scientist? Coleman is no different than someone posting on City Data, his opinion has no real weight when it comes to science. Who cares if what he does and doesn't believe.
The AGW quotes non scientists, and non climate scientists all the time.

if someone agrees with the AGW agenda, that's good. If someone disagrees or is not an approved climate scientist, that is bad.

Bill James was never a professional baseball player, so what would know about baseball. Never mind that his original research has change not only our understanding of the game, but the game itself.

Seem to me that since climate science is nothing more that running data through a computer model, it should not surprise anyone that any dedicated research could analyze the data and come up with alternative interpretations.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Well let me know when the hack journalist, Coleman, proves he is right. I am sure he has been doing lots of scientific research.

Let me know when you get your hands on Coleman's research, I would love to read it. I am sure he uses a great combination of crayons.
If you are going to cite scientific research, then again answer why scientific researched FUDGED the numbers to get the conclusion of global warming when just a few decades it was an oncoming ice age..

YOU are the one stating he's wrong, so clearly you have researched the issue so please provide us with your report.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
I never claimed it did, neither does yours, and neither does Coleman's opinion.
If you didn't believe it mattered, you would not bother to attack him.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Hardly a talking point, it is quite shocking the number of people who don't know the difference between the two.
Oh it very well is nothing but a talking point just like global cooling turned to global warming to now climate change..

I dont think ANYONE disputes climate changes, one would have to be a complete moron to do, its the THEORIES behind it being questioned.

So cite for us your research on the topic stating he is wrong..

Old 10-22-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
The AGW quotes non scientists, and non climate scientists all the time.

if someone agrees with the AGW agenda, that's good. If someone disagrees or is not an approved climate scientist, that is bad.

Bill James was never a professional baseball player, so what would know about baseball. Never mind that his original research has change not only our understanding of the game, but the game itself.

Seem to me that since climate science is nothing more that running data through a computer model, it should not surprise anyone that any dedicated research could analyze the data and come up with alternative interpretations.
Is AGW an organization? I can't comment for others, but I prefer to get my information from actual scientists.

If you think a journalist can qualify as a scientist in your book, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
If you are going to cite scientific research, then again answer why scientific researched FUDGED the numbers to get the conclusion of global warming when just a few decades it was an oncoming ice age..

YOU are the one stating he's wrong, so clearly you have researched the issue so please provide us with your report.
I never cited any scientific research, not sure what you are even talking about. Coleman is a journalist, all he has given is his opinion, not actual research.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
If you didn't believe it mattered, you would not bother to attack him.
So I can't comment on a thread now because I don't believe what a hack journalist has to say about science?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies