Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

You take the industriousness of blacks culture in Africa and compare it to white nations in Europe and there is a wide gap. Now take those 2 groups and put them together in America...nothing has really changed in that equation.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:07 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Pro basketball player Lamar Odom says "We don't have any icons or idols to look up to, just rappers and professional athletes. Before us, it was pimps and drug dealers."
ESPN.com: Page 2 : Odom seeks reason to smile

""Professional basketball player" reigns as the top answer when young black boys are asked what they want to be when they grow up." "A close second is being a rapper."
https://www.nationalcenter.org/P21NV...ccess1003.html

And According to Lamar Odom before basketball players and rappers were a black child's dream occupation, it was drug dealers and pimps.
ESPN.com: Page 2 : Odom seeks reason to smile

But it was about 20 years ago when I heard about some black children saying that.

Have a nice night/day,
Chad.
What bs. Why would you need icons to look up to. How about your parents teaching you right.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:16 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
I would say it's a lot more complex than one could pinpoint on a message board, but the fact that history is not on their side and they are largely congregated in poor urban areas has taken it's toll for a long time. They do have a choice to move out and make something of themselves, but a lot are not educated on that choice. I'm a suburban raised white man, but I can put myself in the position of someone raised around violence and see myself making bad decisions in my youth.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:34 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Equally qualified...

In the case of government jobs and other public positions where "diversity" is king, an identified minority (race or sex) will get the job most of the time. It's really interesting to see actual OVER representation in some areas but it does occur.

In all other cases the person getting the job will be the one who seems like they would fit in best with the company culture and current employees, and who had the best raport with the interviewer.

That isn't something that to sneeze at either.

Last edited by Ceece; 10-23-2014 at 11:42 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 11:40 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I suggest you educate yourself. The stats I'm using come from the department of labor.

Those unemployment stats do in fact prove that white people and black Americans with the same level of education across the board have far different unemployment rates. In that white people consistently have much much lower unemployment rates than black Americans with the same level of education. This is a fact.

On top of that black Americans with higher educations have higher unemployment rates than less educated white people. This is fact

2013 unemployment stats

Black college grads 4yr or advanced degrees 5.7%
White college grads 4yr or advanced degrees 3.5%

Black college grads with 2yr associate degrees 8.5%
White college grads with 2yr associate degrees 4.9%( notice they have a lower unemployment rate than black college grads with 4yr or advance degrees)

Black high school grads with some college 9.8%
White high school grads with some college 6.1%(notice they have a much lower unemployment rate than black people with two year degrees and aren't much higher than for black college grads with 4yror advance degrees)

Black high school grads with no college 10.6%
White high school grads with no college 6.6%(norice again much lower unemployment rate than black people with 2yr associate degrees)

Black high school dropouts 20.6%
White high school dropouts 9.6%(notice white high school dropouts have a lower rate of unemployment than black high school grads)

So the data is devastating because it shows that black Americans with 4yr and advanced degrees suffer a close unemployment gap as black high school dropouts when compared to similarly educated white people.

And it shows consistently that more educated black Americans haveuch higher rates of unemployment than less educated white people.

These stats all priove racial discrimination against black Americans and privilege for white people.

I know you can't discuss those stats and instead wang to focus on the collective racial failings of the black race, but your points are irrational.
Your numbers are too general.
Break it down into what type of degrees, from which universities, and previous job experience as far as unemployment and then you'll have something.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your numbers are too general.
Break it down into what type of degrees, from which universities, and previous job experience as far as unemployment and then you'll have something.
These aren' t my numbers. These number come from the department of labor.

They are very specific. You just don't agree with what those numbers prove.

But the broad unemployment picture that shows over and over again huge across the board racial disparities with groups with similiar levels of education is very devastating to the phony premise that these disparities are caused by behavior.

What these numbers prove over and over again is that black Americans and white people who exhibit the same behavior in terms of education have far different outcomes across the board.

Those stats prove that black college grads with 4yr and advanced degrees share the same problem with black high school drop outs as a group, that being having nearly twice the unemployment of similarly educated white people.

Not only that, those stats show that even when comparing more educated black Americans to white people with less education, in most cases the more educated group of black Americans still have a mugh higher unemployment rate than less educated white people.

But I know you don't want to discuss those facts

Old 10-24-2014, 12:15 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylice221 View Post
Why work when they can get hand outs?

I see if you're 50+

But Ive seen people 20-30 getting food stamps and welfare checks. Get a job for christ's sake.

I asked one why she cant get a job and she said "Because I smoke weed"... End of story.

I give up on black people, the ones who want to be successful will.

And they have no excuses because Booker T Washington was a slave when he taught himself how to read.

My old job, I got laid off, shortly found another job after that.. A typical black person would have sat on his ass and got some kind of welfare check. Sorry motherf*****s 20-23 years old and all they do is smoke weed and get high with their baggy pants sagging they dont even volunteer or try to learn some type of skill to maybe, just MAYBE increase their income.

But noooo, the only skill they have is rapping, drug dealing, dancing, sports... They dont have any marketable skills like plumbing, welding, information technology etc...

And when I tell them stuff like this, they have some type of dumb rebuttal such as "Nah brah cuz that white man wont let me bra cuz shiiiiiat"

So I give up, I ****ing give up.
Glad you give up. So now no more bs stories about blacks.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Now the posters tall traveler and eqttdr are getting to it.

Again the historic norm is to believe that racial disparities are about inherent racial differences and are caused by the racial deficiencies of black people.

This is the perspective of many many people, but because this perspective is properly understood to be racist in nature, people just can't say hey I think black people are inherently flawed.

Instead they say I believe that black Americans are culturally flawed. Which still reaches the same conclusion that racial disparities are caused by the deficiencies of black people.

But tall traveler and eqttdr have cut through that phony layer and have admitted that they believe the source of this racial disparity in employment is based on the inherent differences between races. Again this is a thoroughly racist POV, but it's honest.
Leave it to the racist to glorify one the most barbaric cultures in the history of man because they are white. The racist post only prove a lack of education in history or knowledge of the great empires of ancient Africa as well the modern cities in Africa today.
Oh yeah , Africans conquered Rome. But I digress....

Why don't the people who think African Americans have a cultural defect go into the Kentucky mountians and tell those folks to wipe that coal dust off their face, stop saying ain't, and high tail it into Lexington and get good job. Maybe thats all we need to do to curb high unemplyoment, drug abuse and teenage pregnacy. Or maybe those folks have some black blood in them too and are culturally unable to inprove themselves with out government handouts.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 10-24-2014 at 04:36 AM..

Old 10-24-2014, 05:12 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Why Is Black Unemployment Always Double That Of Whites?

My Take (all research backed):

- they are more likely to drop out of high school.
- less likely to pursue secondary education
- more likely to have a felony on record
- more likely to come from families who never went to college
- more likely to have friends, family and teachers who set low expectations (not expect much from them)
- less of a stigma in their culture to be unemployed
- racism in hiring and firing
- blacks have a higher percentage of HIV infection than other ethnic groups (percentage vs raw numbers)

Probably more reasons, but these are the main points imho.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Really?

The Irish Slave Trade – The Irish are 'the forgotten white slaves’ claims expert“White” Slaves
The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

The Pacific Slave Trade
Chinese Slavery in America

Two things to take away from your reading:
1) Chinese slavery/indenturing was still common after 1863
2) Irish slaves were treated worse than African slaves because they were so much cheaper (1/10th the cost) to replace than African slaves.

But okie doke...you just keep on believing Man's inhumanity to Man was the sole province of the 4% of the African slave trade in the Atlantic that went to the United States. By all means, keep being that willfully ignorant.

Slaves were taken better care of, than employees of the time.
They were property and were an asset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies