Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 03:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Refugees: So you do not believe this is an Obama problem, but one of U.S. policy dating to the 1950s. In other words, a problem of Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama. And you do not realize it, apparently.
You are deflecting. Bush never mentioned amnesty of any kind. Apprehensions on the southern border went down and prosecutions went up. Those that would violate the border decided against it.

Here comes Obama first thing out of his mouth is this Dream Act and amnesty. Suddenly we have this chaos on the border. They are not refugees, they are escaping economic problems from their countries and that is not a valid reason to claim amnesty or refugee status. We have ICE releasing hardened criminals from detention. Why? Because Obama wants the money for social engineering. Obama owns this current problem. As for Eisenhower, Look up Operation Wet&ack. Eisenhower cleaned out the illegals and sent them home.

Quote:
Ferguson: So you do not realize that the federal Department of Justice has jurisdiction via the Civil Rights Acts, also dating to the 1950s, in addition to under the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. And you do not realize that they are *investigating* and have not yet determined whether or not to press charges.
There are no civil rights violations regarding Ferguson. Stop manufacturing a problem to solve. A hood rat behaving badly high as a kite was shot. Nothing more.

Quote:
Ebola: The United States has the public health infrastructure that is lacking in poor countries. That is why draconian measures are unhelpful. Rich countries do not need the same measures that poor countries do. If they take such measures, they can end up worsening the outbreak by preventing health professionals from providing aid and assistance where the outbreaks are occurring. The quarantine you are suggesting would probably worsen the situation in West Africa, worsen air travel for everyone, and provide no benefits to anyone.
Stop regurgitating that inane argument about air travel. Say a hurricane wastes the region. Nothing can fly. Yet relief and medical supplies still get there. How? US Navy, USAF, UN and a host of other air measures. As for worsening the problem? Even the WHO says its out of control. The country can't do anything as local customs keep defeating any measures or the people lie. So, the obvious solution is eliminate air travel from those countries until the disease burns itself out

And guess what? We have 2 hospital ships. The USNS Mercy and USNS Hope. Both sitting at the pier. Both fully equipped with the state of the art medical systems. Sitting at the pier because Obama took the money away from the program that would fund those ships and put them to sea and anchor off the coasts of the affected countries. Another of your idiot hero's legacy's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 04:54 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are deflecting. Bush never mentioned amnesty of any kind. Apprehensions on the southern border went down and prosecutions went up. Those that would violate the border decided against it.
I am pointing out that there is a longstanding US policy to provide asylum to refugee seekers who meet certain qualifications. The Central Americans (mainly women and children) who turned themselves over this summer were generally seeking that sort of asylum. That is not an Obama problem. Border policing and deportation policies are similar across Administrations dating back to Reagan. Reagan actually approved "amnesty" in 1986. Bush II supported the "pathway to citizenship," but could not get it through Congress. Obama wants a path to citizenship but can't get Congress to approve it.

Quote:
Here comes Obama first thing out of his mouth is this Dream Act and amnesty. Suddenly we have this chaos on the border. They are not refugees, they are escaping economic problems from their countries and that is not a valid reason to claim amnesty or refugee status. We have ICE releasing hardened criminals from detention. Why? Because Obama wants the money for social engineering. Obama owns this current problem. As for Eisenhower, Look up Operation Wet&ack. Eisenhower cleaned out the illegals and sent them home.
They are escaping violence. You have irrational problems with immigration.

Quote:
There are no civil rights violations regarding Ferguson. Stop manufacturing a problem to solve. A hood rat behaving badly high as a kite was shot. Nothing more.
I don't think you understand what an investigation is. You have apparent problems with evidence, authority, race, and the English language.

Quote:
Stop regurgitating that inane argument about air travel. Say a hurricane wastes the region. Nothing can fly. Yet relief and medical supplies still get there. How? US Navy, USAF, UN and a host of other air measures. As for worsening the problem? Even the WHO says its out of control. The country can't do anything as local customs keep defeating any measures or the people lie. So, the obvious solution is eliminate air travel from those countries until the disease burns itself out
Thanks for your "expert" advice on public health matters.

Quote:
And guess what? We have 2 hospital ships. The USNS Mercy and USNS Hope. Both sitting at the pier. Both fully equipped with the state of the art medical systems. Sitting at the pier because Obama took the money away from the program that would fund those ships and put them to sea and anchor off the coasts of the affected countries. Another of your idiot hero's legacy's.
The United States military is setting up hospitals in Liberia and elsewhere in West Africa. The Mercy is in service in the Pacific, and the Hope was decommissioned in 1946. I don't recall Obama being President in the 1940s, but I could be mistaken.

There are a number of concerns about pressing hospital ships into service for Ebola needs. Among them are the need for long-term patient care when an infection occurs, the cramped nature of a ship increasing the risk of transmission, and other issues.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
I am pointing out that there is a longstanding US policy to provide asylum to refugee seekers who meet certain qualifications. The Central Americans (mainly women and children) who turned themselves over this summer were generally seeking that sort of asylum. That is not an Obama problem. Border policing and deportation policies are similar across Administrations dating back to Reagan. Reagan actually approved "amnesty" in 1986. Bush II supported the "pathway to citizenship," but could not get it through Congress. Obama wants a path to citizenship but can't get Congress to approve it.
Economics is not a valid reason for asylum or amnesty. And Congress spoke since the majority of the people are against any kind of amnesty.

Quote:
They are escaping violence. You have irrational problems with immigration.
I don't have irrational problems. I lived in New Mexico 40 miles north of the border. I really enjoyed getting my fences cut, my horses run off, my stock tanks polluted, garbage thrown all over the place, my outdoor taps left running burning out my well pump motor. It got so bad, I hung signs on my south facing fences that said "Rancho De Los Deceparecidos". That and I threw a bunch of empty .308 shell casings around and every now and then at 2am, I would go outside with my FN/FAL and let a burst from a 30 round mag go into the dirt.

And I don't care what they are escaping from. Not my problem.

Quote:
I don't think you understand what an investigation is. You have apparent problems with evidence, authority, race, and the English language.
Wrong again. I was a cop before I decided driving trains was more lucrative. You are the one denying forensic evidence and my English language is superb. Liberals have a hard time understanding the English language if it doesn't have politically correct terms.

Quote:
Thanks for your "expert" advice on public health matters.
Your welcome.
Quote:
The United States military is setting up hospitals in Liberia and elsewhere in West Africa. The Mercy is in service in the Pacific, and the Hope was decommissioned in 1946. I don't recall Obama being President in the 1940s, but I could be mistaken.

There are a number of concerns about pressing hospital ships into service for Ebola needs. Among them are the need for long-term patient care when an infection occurs, the cramped nature of a ship increasing the risk of transmission, and other issues.
My bad. I meant the USNS Mercy. Both tied to the pier for lack of money to sail. They have a better equipped lab than any lashup the Marines could do. Keep the disease where it came from. Once the people there wise up, it will burn itself out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies