Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times

Advertisements

I thought Hillary was a far superior choice than Obama in 2008, now I am not so sure:

Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'

I'm in business, and I most certainly created a job this week. I did not have to, it was optional, I could have done it or not. But the Dem party has slipped so far leftward that there is not a speck of understanding of business or prosperity left in it.

Small wonder we have the cruddiest economic recovery in sixty years, and small hope of improvement under President Hillary.

ANYONE would be better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 05:59 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
LOL... I would rather have the 'cruddiest economic recovery' than the worst recession in 60 years, which is what the GOP gave us.

And businesses do create jobs-- usually ****ty ones. And they only do this if they absolutely have to, which is not very often.

Are you seriously arguing that most businesses would gladly create a job even if it meant their profit margins would suffer? Not very likely.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:09 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
LOL... I would rather have the 'cruddiest economic recovery' than the worst recession in 60 years, which is what the GOP gave us.

And businesses do create jobs-- usually ****ty ones. And they only do this if they absolutely have to, which is not very often.

Are you seriously arguing that most businesses would gladly create a job even if it meant their profit margins would suffer? Not very likely.
Umm, profits are a sign that a business is adding value to society. Only a moron or a Democrat would think about "creating a job" at the expense of profits. Such a job is not sustainable.

Businesses seek to meet the needs of the rest of society with goods and services. Successful ones grow and hire.

Do you know the average wage in America? Do you know that business activity funds 100% of all jobs in America? First, by direct hiring of all private employees. Second, by creating activity that produces the taxes that pay for all public employees.

If the job you have is a sh**ty one, it only means you are a sh**ty employee. Try to be more valuable to the rest of us; that will fix your job problem.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
hillary might have been the better choice in 2008, but her economic policies would have been very similar to obamas. remember she too wants to be dictator, not president.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:22 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
Quote:
Thge economy under the first six years of GWB were amazing, there were more jobs than people and everything was roses. Then the democrats took over congress his last two years and everything went down hill from then on.
You have no idea of the facts, you're just spewing false information. Read and learn, you might decide you'd be better off being a republican.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Her backbone is the same as O's . Have you ever seen Hillary take a firm stand on anything?

Old 10-24-2014, 06:41 PM

27,116 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:

You might want to bone up on the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter and then Bill Clinton and the resultant mess that followed.

Turned into a time bomb for the economy.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You might want to bone up on the Community Reinvestment Act under Carter and then Bill Clinton and the resultant mess that followed.

Turned into a time bomb for the economy.

Sad but true, no Hope no good Change. And under President Dictator Obama, the Time Bomb is still ticking away. Unlike the Hopey Changey thing, he promised all of us.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Hillary is kind of a blank screen when it comes to her economic policies. I don't even remember much of note from the 2008 primaries. The main issues were arguments over race, and who had the gravitas to take the 3:00AM phone call.

Maybe economics are not really what's important here. What's important is that this would be an historic presidency--our first female president. She can come up w/ econ policy once she takes office.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I thought Hillary was a far superior choice than Obama in 2008, now I am not so sure:

Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'

I'm in business, and I most certainly created a job this week. I did not have to, it was optional, I could have done it or not. But the Dem party has slipped so far leftward that there is not a speck of understanding of business or prosperity left in it.

Small wonder we have the cruddiest economic recovery in sixty years, and small hope of improvement under President Hillary.

ANYONE would be better.
This is probably Hillary gearing up for a challenge from Elizabeth ('you didn't build that') Warren. There have been rumblings, especially since the release of Blood Feud by Ed Klein, that Pres. Obama would not back Hillary for 2016 and would instead back Warren.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies